TJ with approx. 3" lift and 33s - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > TJ with approx. 3" lift and 33s

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 09-17-2013, 11:53 PM   #31
JayTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the pictures everyone. I appriciate it. Think I am going to go with a 3" zone lift. If anybody has any pros or cons to that lift would appriciate the input. Or if you recommend another brand.

JayTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 03:59 AM   #32
willatthe4077th
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTJ View Post
Thanks for the pictures everyone. I appriciate it. Think I am going to go with a 3" zone lift. If anybody has any pros or cons to that lift would appriciate the input. Or if you recommend another brand.
Just speaking from experience, if you do go with the Zone kit, get the upgraded nitro shocks. The standard ones don't last very long. Also, you might want to consider going with BDS. It's a bit more money but I changed from Zone to BDS springs and they rode much nicer on the street. The BDS coils are a bit lower spring rate so they ride a bit softer and let the shocks handle the ride better. Just my opinion though. The Zone kit is decent for the price.
[COLOR=white]White Jeep Club #4077[/COLOR]
willatthe4077th is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 05:26 AM   #33
JayTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willatthe4077th View Post

Just speaking from experience, if you do go with the Zone kit, get the upgraded nitro shocks. The standard ones don't last very long. Also, you might want to consider going with BDS. It's a bit more money but I changed from Zone to BDS springs and they rode much nicer on the street. The BDS coils are a bit lower spring rate so they ride a bit softer and let the shocks handle the ride better. Just my opinion though. The Zone kit is decent for the price.
Ive heard to stay awayfrom the nitro shocks due to their stiffness
Unread 09-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #34
Cavasar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I got the basic shocks, they work fine to me. unno: Then again I did drive around for a while on a busted shock before the lift.
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #35
thehartster
Garage Rat

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Zone 3" Sus and Daystar 1" BL on BF Goodrich T/A 33's

I have the Nitro Shocks. Love the ride. Two of the older shocks I replaced with the Nitro's were bad so I can't really compare them to anything else.
u.jpg

thehartster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #36
JayTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehartster View Post
Zone 3" Sus and Daystar 1" BL on BF Goodrich T/A 33's

I have the Nitro Shocks. Love the ride. Two of the older shocks I replaced with the Nitro's were bad so I can't really compare them to anything else.
Would you say it's a stiff ride?
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #37
thehartster
Garage Rat

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTJ View Post
Would you say it's a stiff ride?
No, I really like the ride. Better than the stiff ride I had with the Rancho rs5000's that were on before. I feel the nitro's absorb more road shock before it enters the cab. All in all I am very pleased with the zone set-up.
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #38
thehartster
Garage Rat

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Guess I had better throw this in. I do have slight vibes since installing the lift.
I am doing a SYE and Double cardan drive shaft only because I do not want to drop my transfer case.
Unread 09-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #39
Cavasar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehartster View Post
No, I really like the ride. Better than the stiff ride I had with the Rancho rs5000's that were on before. I feel the nitro's absorb more road shock before it enters the cab. All in all I am very pleased with the zone set-up.
X2 I came from the same shocks before, and like the basic Zone's much better.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.