TJ with approx. 3" lift and 33s - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > TJ with approx. 3" lift and 33s

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
JayTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

TJ with approx. 3" lift and 33s

Looking for pics of TJs with around 3" of lift (cant decide if i want 3", 4.25" combo, or 2.5" of lift) on 33s. Not looking to do SYE or anything on my kit. Anybody could help with images and input it would be greatly appreciated!

JayTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
pineda22
2000 TJ Wrangler 

im running a 3.5" lift and a 1"BL on 33x10.50R17s
54662t_1.jpg

1j4fa49s1yp707480-2000-jeep-wrangler-1.jpeg

sketchguru_20130520073442.jpg

If it dont fit.....force it. if it breaks.....it needed replaced anyway
pineda22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
JayTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Does the 3.5 require SYE?
Unread 09-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
pineda22
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i just have a 1"MML right now (planning on getting a sye in the future) and have ZERO vibes but i honestly think you can get away with just a t-case drop kit altho they are really ugly andi wouldnt want to sacrafice the belly clearence.
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #5
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

3" BDS with 1.25" BL on 33x12.5x15 Duratracs. I had to scrounge for some pictures so these are the best I have.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #6
Boog
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Only pic I could get to upload ( testing the flex after I installed my front upper control arms). 3 inch Currie springs, 1in BL, 33x12.50x15 Duratracs.
image-3869857052.jpg

Air Force Jeep Club #147
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/boogs-slow-tj-build-1469852/
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #7
JayTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Appriciate the photos. Is there that much of a benefit to having a body lift with a suspension lift?
Unread 09-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #8
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTJ View Post
Appriciate the photos. Is there that much of a benefit to having a body lift with a suspension lift?
Extra clearance, most high clearance skids require a 1.25" BL.

-Jack
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #9
JayTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

So if I get a 3" lift then with a 1" MML and should be fine? running 33s. Later if I want a tummy tuck then I can add the 1" BL. Correct?
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #10
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So if I get a 3" lift then with a 1" MML and should be fine? running 33s. Later if I want a tummy tuck then I can add the 1" BL. Correct?
Correct. But most people find that doing the MML and the BL at the same time is pretty convenient. You don't have to mess with the fan shroud and chances are the t case shifter will be fine.

-Jack
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #11
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Looking for pics of TJs with around 3" of lift (cant decide if i want 3", 4.25" combo, or 2.5" of lift) on 33s. Not looking to do SYE or anything on my kit. Anybody could help with images and input it would be greatly appreciated!
I ran my TJ with the following for a few years before I added a bunch more junk to it.

2.25" rear budget boost spacers
3" front springs to account for the weight of the winch
longer shocks and bumpstops,
JKS 1.25"BL/1"mml, adjustable front track bar, swaybar disconnects
33x12.5x15 tires on 15x8 rims
Had all stock control arms, stock slip yoke rear shaft, stock rear track bar, and no vibes.

TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #12
JayTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post

Correct. But most people find that doing the MML and the BL at the same time is pretty convenient. You don't have to mess with the fan shroud and chances are the t case shifter will be fine.
what if I only do the 3" suspension lift? Will that work by itself? Or will I have to do a t-case drop also? Basically trying to figure out the right set up and do it right the first time. I like the look of the 3" and 33s. Would only do the 1"bl to do a tummy tuck later. That is not really a must for me. Does anybody know if zone is a good lift to go with? Seem reasonably priced.
Unread 09-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #13
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
what if I only do the 3" suspension lift? Will that work by itself? Or will I have to do a t-case drop also? Basically trying to figure out the right set up and do it right the first time. I like the look of the 3" and 33s. Would only do the 1"bl to do a tummy tuck later. That is not really a must for me. Does anybody know if zone is a good lift to go with? Seem reasonably priced.
I had major vibes until I did the MML. Most likely you will need to do the tcase drop.

Zone makes very good products. I *think* their hydro shocks are the best riding. You'll have to look that up.

-Jack
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #14
Boog
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm getting vibes with my 3 inch lift, but a friend of mine put a 4inch rough country lift on his TJ and didn't get any vibes (no SYE). Every jeep will be different, but body lifts and motor mount lifts are not expensive, and not hard to install.
Air Force Jeep Club #147
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/boogs-slow-tj-build-1469852/
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 07:49 AM   #15
pineda22
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
a frend i wheel with is running a zone lift and he loves it. at first he didnt install the t-case drop and it had vibes and now after heput the drop in he still has slight vibes (35-45mph i think) si if i were you i would get the mml and bl first. if you think about it a t-case drop lowers your belly a inch or so and thats a loss of clearence. i have a 1"bl and a MML and have NO VIBES so i would try that combo 1st. anyway thats just my .02

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.