Teraflex LCG,PRO,ENDURO - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Teraflex LCG,PRO,ENDURO

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-25-2009, 08:08 PM   #1
outlawjosywales
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Teraflex LCG,PRO,ENDURO

anybody got any pics of these kits on a TJ? any size

Unread 09-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler

Im gonna dust off and bump this artifact of a thread - id like to see any of the Teraflex LCG suspensions on TJ/LJs. Did a search and only found 3 topics, none of which showed pics.
IH8PEPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

rckcruser has a build on here named BILL. I think he runs this on a modified TJ.
Unread 09-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
rckcruser has a build on here named BILL. I think he runs this on a modified TJ.
Yep found it...

I know he's got a little more into his suspension than just the Teraflex kit - but damn this has me thinking...

Unread 09-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #5
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Check out CRAWL Mag's Project Recycle TJ.

It (at least used to) run the Tera LCG kit. Not sure if it still does or not though.
EugeneTheTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 11:42 PM   #6
rckchucker
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yep. I run the LCG Pro. And yep, thats my Jeep. I love it. It flat works. I have made a few small mods to mine, but out of the box it is a well thought out kit that allows you to adjust your antisquat to your liking. I run mine set pretty neutral. I do have a slight amount of antisquat, but not so much that the back end of my jeep lifts 6" (yikes) like many of the other kits on the market cough *rock krawler* cough. I have talked with the engineer that designed the kit, and they put an awful lot of thought into it to ensure that it worked well offroad but didn't drive like a pile of garbage on the road. The most notable thing in regards to handling, well 2 things are...1) The roll center for the front axle is different than the roll center for the rear. This helps mostly in cornering and is most noticeable when the sway bar is disconnected. Your roll center is the imaginary axis that the suspension pivots on that runs down the center of the Jeep. Kind of like a pig on a spit. By having the roll centers different they "fight" each other, thus making it more stable. Hopefully that makes sense. and 2) The front control arm geometry is such that there is no caster change through the entire range of travel. Much better for handling as you are hauling through the desert or down the highway. Let me know specifically what pictures you want and i'll get them for you. As for now, I'll put up a picture of the easy way to clean your nether regions of your jeep and just so happen to get a pretty good look at the suspension...

rckchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 12:04 AM   #7
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckchucker View Post
Let me know specifically what pictures you want and i'll get them for you.
Im sure the OP is gone, but I just wanted to see it installed and showing off what it can do. I havent been able to find too many pics or feedback from people running it.

My rig is expedition aimed, but I found that my current short arm suspension doesnt have the stability I need with a loaded roof rack - so I was looking at long arm kits, kind of stumbled on to Teraflex's web site. Looked at Rock Crawler too... But just browsing for now.
Unread 09-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #8
rckchucker
1997 TJ Wrangler 

its a great kit. i can't really say how popular it is outside of utah, but since teraflex is local here, there seems to be more kits. its a shame it isn't more popular.
Unread 09-13-2013, 12:13 AM   #9
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler

Quote:
its a great kit. i can't really say how popular it is outside of utah, but since teraflex is local here, there seems to be more kits. its a shame it isn't more popular.
Its a sticker shock thing... Its always easier on the wallet to piece it together. I like the fact that its all there, designed to work around all the included parts.

In your opinion would it still be effective with 3" Teraflex springs? Im highlined and can run 35"s on 2"
Unread 09-13-2013, 12:14 AM   #10
rckchucker
1997 TJ Wrangler 

here's a recent video of it doing its thing...

Unread 09-13-2013, 12:14 AM   #11
rckchucker
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i would say it is very effective with 3" springs. That's what I'm running
Unread 09-13-2013, 12:17 AM   #12
rckchucker
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PEPL View Post
Its a sticker shock thing... Its always easier on the wallet to piece it together. I like the fact that its all there, designed to work around all the included parts.

In your opinion would it still be effective with 3" Teraflex springs? Im highlined and can run 35"s on 2"
You could even run your current springs and just get all the control arms, brackets and belly up skid. Also, that is the great thing about their kit. It is very modular. I bought it back when I was in high school. First I bought the lower arms and belly up. Then a year later i finished it and bought the front upper arms and rear upper arms.
Unread 09-13-2013, 12:26 AM   #13
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler

Quote:
You could even run your current springs and just get all the control arms, brackets and belly up skid. Also, that is the great thing about their kit. It is very modular. I bought it back when I was in high school. First I bought the lower arms and belly up. Then a year later i finished it and bought the front upper arms and rear upper arms.
Im just going to go with the coil over aimed kit (everything but the springs/shocks) and figure out what coils/shocks I want to run once I have it in hand.

Just watched some of your other Youtube vids... Im sold

Thanks for sharing!
Unread 09-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #14
rckchucker
1997 TJ Wrangler 

My pleasure.

Tags
jeep , teraflex , teraflex lcg , teraflex suspension

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.