teenager Jeep Owners - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > teenager Jeep Owners

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani

Reply
Unread 10-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #196
swamplion
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 86
I just turned 20, I'm in college and when I have free time I'm workin on my zj

2012-04-03-18.16.03.jpg   2012-04-21-18.05.26.jpg   jeep-rods.jpg  
swamplion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #197
Kodiak17
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kutztown, PA/ Andover, NJ
Posts: 3,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Monthly update time. Got my Metalcloak stubby 99% of the way on. Last ******* bolt wouldn't line up, so I had to loosen all of the bolts and start kicking the **** out of it trying to line it up. Didn't work. Now the Jeep sits with the hood covered in a tarp until I can get back home from NCSU to fix it all and head to Uwharrie.

The steering and axle were looking a little shabby so I hit the whole front end with rattlecan. Looks much nicer and will slow down rust until I get the new axle and steering in.

I picked up my new front axle and worked on the new rear axle.
Scored an 80's Wagoneer Dana 44 with new 4.88 gears, new master install kit, new Lockright locker and Warn locking hubs for $700.

Grinded remaining bracketry and rust, welded axle tubes and primed the 8.8.

Great progress! At least you have time to work on it. This weekend I got to tighten some steering bolts, check fluids, re-route my subwoofer wiring and organize the trunk. then off to see family.
__________________
Maintain, wheel, upgrade, repeat.

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #198
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.
 
sjones26573's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak17 View Post
Great progress! At least you have time to work on it. This weekend I got to tighten some steering bolts, check fluids, re-route my subwoofer wiring and organize the trunk. then off to see family.
Ha. Time to work on it? I literally did all this during fall break, Thursday to today.
__________________
The Yellowtail Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #199
Kodiak17
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kutztown, PA/ Andover, NJ
Posts: 3,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Ha. Time to work on it? I literally did all this during fall break, Thursday to today.
Better than me! They should have a community garage on my campus.
__________________
Maintain, wheel, upgrade, repeat.

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #200
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.
 
sjones26573's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak17 View Post
Better than me! They should have a community garage on my campus.
I'm looking at a motorsports club so maybe I can use the shop.
__________________
The Yellowtail Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #201
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark
 
Carlos14's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham, NC
Posts: 4,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Monthly update time. Got my Metalcloak stubby 99% of the way on. Last ******* bolt wouldn't line up, so I had to loosen all of the bolts and start kicking the **** out of it trying to line it up. Didn't work. Now the Jeep sits with the hood covered in a tarp until I can get back home from NCSU to fix it all and head to Uwharrie.

The steering and axle were looking a little shabby so I hit the whole front end with rattlecan. Looks much nicer and will slow down rust until I get the new axle and steering in.

I picked up my new front axle and worked on the new rear axle.
Scored an 80's Wagoneer Dana 44 with new 4.88 gears, new master install kit, new Lockright locker and Warn locking hubs for $700.

Grinded remaining bracketry and rust, welded axle tubes and primed the 8.8.

That's gonna be sweet!! we need to plan a trip to Uwharrie for this summer.
__________________
Teenager With A Dream Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #202
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.
 
sjones26573's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
That's gonna be sweet!! we need to plan a trip to Uwharrie for this summer.
Thanks! For sure. Although I'll be sick of Uwharrie after a while. I'm about ready to try Windrock, Gulches and some of the other nearby parks.
__________________
The Yellowtail Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #203
Kodiak17
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kutztown, PA/ Andover, NJ
Posts: 3,726
Just to stay on topic!

__________________
Maintain, wheel, upgrade, repeat.

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #204
8pitcher
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville, Kansas
Posts: 4,735
Here is how my cj stands after a couple of weeks.

image-1053820168.jpg

Engine nearly complete. Carb rebuilt an whole engine rebuilt and painted. No help at all with either of these.

image-1244056457.jpg

Got my frame into a roller. Only me and my dad did this. As the clearances had to be perfect. But still minimal help.

image-4095504578.jpg



image-512628056.jpg

I built this bumper for another guys JK but it didn't work for him so j have it on mine now
__________________
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #640[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #205
uncleirish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 26
Best of luck!! I had an '84 CJ and she was my baby till a fire ruined her. I wish I had a place to put it then so I could rebuild it. But I have an '03 now and I love it. But, nothing beats a CJ.
uncleirish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #206
8pitcher
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville, Kansas
Posts: 4,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleirish
Best of luck!! I had an '84 CJ and she was my baby till a fire ruined her. I wish I had a place to put it then so I could rebuild it. But I have an '03 now and I love it. But, nothing beats a CJ.
Nothing can beat a cj this is my second cj. The last one the frame was rusted out and the engine blew. I only drive her 1/2 a mile too. So I parted it out and made my money back.
__________________
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #640[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #207
MUDDIGGER0313
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Norfolk, Va
Posts: 172
So I'm 19 in the navy and over the past 4 years have accumulated 3 jeeps. First one an 1983 cj7 ended up with 16" lift and 47" tires second a 1981 cj7 with 6" and 37s and now my latest money pit is an 07 jk now with 7.5" lift and running 38s and yes I bought them all myself no mommy and daddy didnt buy them for me.... Just to clear that up
image-1919537199.jpg   image-3554289188.jpg   image-1487283313.jpg   image-3176968364.jpg   image-1694395392.jpg  

MUDDIGGER0313 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #208
studstarkey12
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: cedar hill missouri
Posts: 19
18 years old working 40+ hours a week at a machine shop.
image-2742421852.jpg  
studstarkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #209
higgins192
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Annapolis, Maryland
Posts: 252
I'm 20 making 12.50 a hr

image-3171613488.jpg
higgins192 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2012, 12:16 AM   #210
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark
 
Carlos14's Avatar
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Graham, NC
Posts: 4,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDDIGGER0313 View Post
So I'm 19 in the navy and over the past 4 years have accumulated 3 jeeps. First one an 1983 cj7 ended up with 16" lift and 47" tires second a 1981 cj7 with 6" and 37s and now my latest money pit is an 07 jk now with 7.5" lift and running 38s and yes I bought them all myself no mommy and daddy didnt buy them for me.... Just to clear that up
That's a Sweet JK
__________________
Teenager With A Dream Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.