Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

teenager Jeep Owners

142K views 1K replies 253 participants last post by  detoqs 
#1 ·
how many teenagers out there driving there jeeps on minimum wage?

#3 ·
Just turned 20 and working 2 jobs since 15 (50-60 hr weeks) @ $11.30 hr and manager @ $9.30 / hr (don't get me started -.- ) (current pay, used to be minimum for both)

Some pics.. orange one is my brothers one before he totaled it.. green one is my 97 TJ before I traded it in for a Mazda3 and realized I made a poor decision (frame was completely rusted out anyways).
Black 05 TJ is my current one.

Attachments

#5 ·
Here was my first one that I still have at least for now

And a 1960 cj5 that I only had for a few months had a 350 in it but was a big pain to have to deal with trailering it everywhere so I sold it

And I am getting this 2004 LJ tomorrow night

#10 ·
everyones got sweet looking jeeps. glad to hear im not the only broke teenager who spends to much money on there jeep!

#13 ·
18. Currently $0.00/hr. Over the summer, $8.00/hr (with a promised raise next year).
I sold off the KC's. The bumper is about to go next. I have about 500 parts ready to go on. Double axle swap, truss, regear, SYE and shaft, Savvy TT and Metalcloak front bumper

#15 ·
how are you paying for everything? just selling stuff

#17 ·
18 years old. I dont have a job anymore, but i was making $7.25p/h at Cavender's. Been saving up for my lift, and I have just enough now to buy a Currie 4". Installation will be my next issue.
My '98 TJ
Last year: (I'm not in the picture)

My jeep now:

#29 ·
i couldnt even tell the jeep was black until i saw the 2nd picture

#22 · (Edited)
18. No job currently while I'm in college in fl. But back home in North Carolina I make 8.25/h working way too many hours... They help me pay for my yj though!

Soon getting sJones's bumper and hopefully a winch, roof rack, and some other nice things! Bought it stock, far from that now, about to be even farther.

#24 ·
Damn and I thought I blew too much money on the love of my life! I got one for ya; 20yrs old, bought her before I could drive, make 9/hr and full time U of M college student. Holdin it down through these ****ed up gas prices. Mostly stock for now until I can justify blowing a life savings on her. Sorry for the big pic in advance.

Attachments

#25 ·
17 on minimum wage again... still lol. when i lost my last job i said there was no way i was pulling the jeep off the road, id find a way to keep her going and i had another job within the week :D cant figure out how to put up a pic but she's a stock yj... hopefully now that im getting consitant hours i can start to build it up soon!

#26 ·
and i thought i was the only broke *** teenager out there!

#28 ·
Just bought 33x12.50x15 BF MT's with Ion 171's, and a 2.25" BB with Skyjacker Hydro shocks (all I can afford at the moment, but really wanted to get rid of the stock look) .. will post back here with pics on moday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.