Supertop pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Supertop pics

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 05-28-2008, 07:25 PM   #1
lilman
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Supertop pics

I need pics of all hardware and pics of the supertop please. I want to say that the exterior shape of the supertop looks different than the OEM stuff. I can't make my mind up whether I should buy the Oem hardware and top or the supertop. Please post pics.

lilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
adurbin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I will try to get some pics of the frame and hardware. The only complaints I have about the top are the weak (plastic) windshield pillar mounts for the frame. One of mine is broken from a flop(new ones can be had for 12.50 from bestop directly). The other complaint is that the top doesnt fold down all as one piece, so all the fabric has to be tucked behind the backseat. I will try to get pics of the frame and hardware this weekend to post up for you. The best thing about the top is that the frame sticks up about 5 inches taller than stock above the front seats giving both more head room, and the illusion that the jeep is taller.
Northeast Tennessee Jeep Club Member #1
adurbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2008, 02:05 PM   #3
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

this was the Supertop that was on my 97 when i bought it. it was off and sold for $450 within 2 days of ownership. i hated that thing. it doesn't seal, the bolt-on windshield channel thing is a pain, the frame doesn't fold down with the canvas so you have a jungle gym of bars when you want the top down.

i sold it and bought a brand new OEM top from an 06 Rubi with all hardware for $400. i made $50 and ended up with a far superior top. it's not that Bestop doesn't make a good top...because they make the best, but even picking up a used OEM frame and then going to Bestop for a Replace-A-Top is a better option.

TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
PBR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

go OEM!!!!!!
PBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2008, 10:01 PM   #5
lilman
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks everyone. I am in Little Rock Arkansas tonight from Jackson Ms. I found a guy that had NIB soft top with OEM hardware with tinted windows for 450. EVERYTHING IS BRAND NEW. Wow. thanks though.
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.