Stuck? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Stuck?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-26-2005, 03:52 PM   #1
drewguere

Stuck?

I did this a while back, but put it in the wrong forum, and it didn't get any pictures

Post pics of your jeep getting stuck. Include a story to go along with the pic(s)

You most include a pic in every post

Here is the only time I was ever stuck (Just Wait...)

I went for a short jeepin trip with my friend about an hour before lacrosse practice, and I got stuck. The reason I got stuck is because I was going slower than normal, because we were filming it. I didn't have enough momentum, and I just stopped. My diffs and axles were buried in mud, and my frame was resting on the ground. We didn't bring a tow rope, so the only thing we had was this little rope that happened to be in my friend's dad's GMC 1500, and of course that snapped... so he tried pushing me with his truck, which also didn't work, so he took me and we backed all the way down the trail, and drove to another friends house, who had a tractor, and he took a chain and pulled me out with his tractor. And we made it to practice in time.

When I get my lift, in the next week or two, Im gonna go wheelin again, and hopefully I'll have some more pics, and some videos.

Last edited by drewguere; 06-27-2005 at 05:45 PM..
drewguere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2005, 07:09 PM   #2
MrBurns

Here's me stuck my first time wheeling.

I wasn't buried over the doors but it did make for an interesting afternoon. During summertime, this is a lake. During winter it's the kind of mud that sucks your shoes off when you try to talk in it. My girlfriend and I had just left her mom's house when I mentioned that I'd like to go wheeling. We ended up at this wretched place where she said the locals went. We were alone but her mom's house was just 3 miles away so we went for it. We spent a little time playing in some rocks then I'd say we wheeled in the mud for.. oh... 30 seconds before getting stuck.

I made it past the stream, 5 more feet and I would have been on firmer mud, but I bogged down and tried to back across the stream. I had to go slower so I wouldn't rip my gas tank off and didn't make it. We called her mom out but I was afraid her SUV was going to get stuck as well so I wanted to try digging out and only take the strap (one of those taboo wal-mart ropes with hooks) as a last result.

Three people stopped and offered help. The first was a guy who appeared on foot out of nowhere and asked if we wanted him to go get his Jeep. I said sure, that'd be great, and we never saw him again.

The second was a guy in a chromed out Jeep. They drove over in a gravel area, careful not to get their Jeep dirty, and stopped as I was carrying rocks to try to dig out with. The driver didn't offer any help, he just kind of watched but his girlfriend kept trying to tell me how to dig out. I finally walked away as she tried to tell me the 300 pound chunk of concrete 100 feet from my Jeep would be a good rock to use. They left without offering any help and I no longer wave at chromed-out Jeeps because of that.

After trying to dig out for a couple of hours with nothing but my wet frozen hands I was almost ready to take the strap from my GF's mom when 3 good ole boys in an old jacked up 2wd Chevy with mud tires and about 100 feet of rope stopped and said "Ye-ont me ta pull ya out?". It wasn't a great idea using the rope but he was able to pull from firm ground with it and I didn't need much of a pull anyway. It held and I was out. Thank God for rednecks.
Unread 06-27-2005, 12:41 AM   #3
afguy
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurns
Here's me stuck my first time wheeling.

I wasn't buried over the doors but it did make for an interesting afternoon. During summertime, this is a lake. During winter it's the kind of mud that sucks your shoes off when you try to talk in it. My girlfriend and I had just left her mom's house when I mentioned that I'd like to go wheeling. We ended up at this wretched place where she said the locals went. We were alone but her mom's house was just 3 miles away so we went for it. We spent a little time playing in some rocks then I'd say we wheeled in the mud for.. oh... 30 seconds before getting stuck.

I made it past the stream, 5 more feet and I would have been on firmer mud, but I bogged down and tried to back across the stream. I had to go slower so I wouldn't rip my gas tank off and didn't make it. We called her mom out but I was afraid her SUV was going to get stuck as well so I wanted to try digging out and only take the strap (one of those taboo wal-mart ropes with hooks) as a last result.

Three people stopped and offered help. The first was a guy who appeared on foot out of nowhere and asked if we wanted him to go get his Jeep. I said sure, that'd be great, and we never saw him again.

The second was a guy in a chromed out Jeep. They drove over in a gravel area, careful not to get their Jeep dirty, and stopped as I was carrying rocks to try to dig out with. The driver didn't offer any help, he just kind of watched but his girlfriend kept trying to tell me how to dig out. I finally walked away as she tried to tell me the 300 pound chunk of concrete 100 feet from my Jeep would be a good rock to use. They left without offering any help and I no longer wave at chromed-out Jeeps because of that.

After trying to dig out for a couple of hours with nothing but my wet frozen hands I was almost ready to take the strap from my GF's mom when 3 good ole boys in an old jacked up 2wd Chevy with mud tires and about 100 feet of rope stopped and said "Ye-ont me ta pull ya out?". It wasn't a great idea using the rope but he was able to pull from firm ground with it and I didn't need much of a pull anyway. It held and I was out. Thank God for rednecks.
I noticed that your front two tires were really muddy but you can still read what the tires say on the back from both sides. What happened, only the front was pulling?
Unread 06-27-2005, 07:10 AM   #4
SLINKY-YJ

here is my best stuck pic.

http://www.the-jersey-devil.com/phot...cat=500&page=1
SLINKY-YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2005, 08:42 AM   #5
andreas970

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLINKY-YJ
Damn man... I think we have a winner-so-far.

Musta gotten pretty wet that day, eh?
Stock jeep club member #3.

Then mice ate the damned thing and it died.
andreas970 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2005, 08:49 AM   #6
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by afguy
I noticed that your front two tires were really muddy but you can still read what the tires say on the back from both sides. What happened, only the front was pulling?
thats a good point, it looks like the rears barely moved? you sure you didnt drop the rear driveshaft on this little adventure? that really has me thinking why his tires up front are muddy and the rears look fresh...
Unread 06-27-2005, 08:58 AM   #7
andreas970

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym
thats a good point, it looks like the rears barely moved? you sure you didnt drop the rear driveshaft on this little adventure? that really has me thinking why his tires up front are muddy and the rears look fresh...
From the looks of it, that little stream is pretty clean water..... itwas probably cleaning the tires as he spun 'em.
Stock jeep club member #3.

Then mice ate the damned thing and it died.
andreas970 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2005, 09:20 AM   #8
SLINKY-YJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas970
Damn man... I think we have a winner-so-far.

Musta gotten pretty wet that day, eh?
yeah we got real wet that day...... btw it was about 20 degrees outside that day with a wind chill of about zero. but we pulled it out and she fired right up.....
SLINKY-YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2005, 05:31 PM   #9
MrBurns

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas970
From the looks of it, that little stream is pretty clean water..... itwas probably cleaning the tires as he spun 'em.
That's exactly what happened. If it weren't for the old tires and junk in it, you could have probably drank the water from the stream. Didn't help though, the bottom of the stream wasn't any firmer and the tread still stayed pretty well gunked. When I did get a little traction it was only one wheel (no locker) and that just meant it stopped spinning while the other one spun more

The Jeep didn't seem to mind having an idiot like me behind the wheel though. After getting unstuck we took an interstate drive (with a detour to wash the wheels off so they'd balance), stayed at a hotel and went wheeling in the mountains the next day while it was snowing/sleeting. I even got a nice massage that night for working so hard during the day.

Ahhh memories. Ya know, even with spending 2 hours trying to dig out with numb hands, that was one of my favorite days wheeling. The only recovery gear I had was a dangerous wal-mart tow rope which was just long enough to get other people stuck, my hands and a towel to get the mud off. And the only one I really knew how to use effectively in that situation was the towel. Being prepared isn't half as exciting!
Unread 06-30-2005, 09:30 AM   #10
97TJGUZZY
1997 TJ Wrangler 

first stuck ever...on 30" swampers, had the jeep for only a few months

Stuck after trying to go around a mud hole in order to pull a guy that was stuck in it out.

First trip to tellico a year ago, wedged between the bank and the rock on trail 8.

Stuck at our proving grounds near my house, and testing out the new winch.

Unread 06-30-2005, 09:55 AM   #11
bburgi

Went wheeling with about 4-5 wranglers back when I had no sliders and open diffs f/r. I began climbing over this innocent-looking ledge and ended up high-centered on my t-case skid plate. The skid definately did it's job of protecting the t-case, but only one tire could actually touch rock. With the open diffs I was going NOWHERE. We tried pulling me forward, but that was a no-go. After some creative jacking and rock-stacking we were able to pull me off backwards though. I then took the same obstacle about 6" to the left and cleared the ledge with no trouble.
Lifted, Locked, Disco'ed and Lit-Up
...in-progress
bburgi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2005, 12:24 PM   #12
afguy
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburgi

Went wheeling with about 4-5 wranglers back when I had no sliders and open diffs f/r. I began climbing over this innocent-looking ledge and ended up high-centered on my t-case skid plate. The skid definately did it's job of protecting the t-case, but only one tire could actually touch rock. With the open diffs I was going NOWHERE. We tried pulling me forward, but that was a no-go. After some creative jacking and rock-stacking we were able to pull me off backwards though. I then took the same obstacle about 6" to the left and cleared the ledge with no trouble.
Where were those pics taken? Austin or San Antonio
Unread 06-30-2005, 12:58 PM   #13
TAMUJeep

Quote:
yah where is that joint? Looks like fun.
TAMUJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2005, 01:16 PM   #14
got4-Lo

crawfords rock garden at tellico.

[URL]webwheeling.com[/URL]
got4-Lo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2005, 01:23 PM   #15
bburgi

Quote:
San Antonio at a wheeling place called The Den.
Lifted, Locked, Disco'ed and Lit-Up
...in-progress
bburgi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.