Stock Rubicon next to Stock Wrangler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Stock Rubicon next to Stock Wrangler

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 04-30-2009, 03:13 PM   #1
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Stock Rubicon next to Stock Wrangler

Just like the title says. Has to be stock. We are having trouble getting inspected.

Also if anyone has the stock height to the door sill on a stock Rubocon and a stock Wrangler.

Thanks Brian

Unread 04-30-2009, 04:34 PM   #2
Eric06Rubi
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Go see this guy.. hes in jersey somewhere. and He KNOWS Jeeps---http://www.fleetguardian.com/

It's all fun and games till some guy parks his Jeep on top of your Honda.
Eric06Rubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2009, 05:15 PM   #3
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

I just need some pics so I can print them out to show the guy that rubicons sit higher than regular jeeps at stock.
Unread 04-30-2009, 07:00 PM   #4
hypnotikrobot
2001 XJ Cherokee 

It's only because the tire height and it's hardly noticeable. Going to be hard to find a picture that shows something like 1/2" difference. Especially when that difference could be made up in tire wear and pressure.
Unread 04-30-2009, 07:02 PM   #5
Trombino
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCAT94 View Post
I just need some pics so I can print them out to show the guy that rubicons sit higher than regular jeeps at stock.
So they are not inspecting it due to the fact that they believe it is lifted? I would definitley stop at the next inspection station and forget about that place.
'78 CJ7 -- Chevy 350 SBC, Holley 4-BBL, TH700R4, B&M Performance Shifter, Dana 300 w/ Twin Sticks, 3" Shackle Lift, 3" Body Lift, D30 Front (Disc), AMC 20 Rear w/ Moser 1-Piece, 4.10's, 35x12.50/15 General Grabber MT's, Cragar Soft 8's (15x8 w/ 4" BS)
Trombino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2009, 07:05 PM   #6
wagster11
1998 TJ Wrangler 

rubicons are the same height suspension wise as any stock wrangler... as mentioned before only difference is the tire/rim size and also as stated before it is only about a half inch... search it and it is debunked a bunch on here... real question is why wont a lifted jeep pass inspection in NJ...
wagster11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2009, 07:51 PM   #7
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

WTF? It should pass fine no problems. It doesn't sit any higher than a regular TJ. The slightly larger tire is the only reason it's sitting any higher.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2009, 11:22 PM   #8
electrichead
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I would go back and speak to the supervisor. There is no reason a stock Jeep should not be inspected. The guy is either new, and idiot, or an *******. Or any combination of the three.

Also, check this site out - http://home.comcast.net/~kayaker121/NJLiftLaws.html
electrichead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2009, 11:34 PM   #9
glockster
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Wow.......I thought California was bad.

Glockster's Rubihara Build
glockster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2009, 06:13 AM   #10
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

It has a lift but it only netted like 3 inches on the rubicon. NJ law says that if it is over 4 inches you have to have special inspection. I tried to explain that with the 31" MT/Rs and stiffer springs it sat higher. The dor sill on a Rubicon is 27". They said that it was at 34". I went home and measured it myself and it was 30.5" thus giving me 3.5 inches of lift. She also said that the tires give it 3" inches of lift. I said that they are 2" over stock thus giving me 1" of lift. They said that they would not inspect us. I just want some pictures so I cam prove that a Rubicon can sit higher about an inch and a half at stock height.
Unread 05-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #11
xsf531
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCAT94 View Post
It has a lift but it only netted like 3 inches on the rubicon. NJ law says that if it is over 4 inches you have to have special inspection. I tried to explain that with the 31" MT/Rs and stiffer springs it sat higher. The dor sill on a Rubicon is 27". They said that it was at 34". I went home and measured it myself and it was 30.5" thus giving me 3.5 inches of lift. She also said that the tires give it 3" inches of lift. I said that they are 2" over stock thus giving me 1" of lift. They said that they would not inspect us. I just want some pictures so I cam prove that a Rubicon can sit higher about an inch and a half at stock height.
Where in south jersey are you?? Cuz know uphere they are alot more lenient about those things..if they still give you a hard time go to a different one
2003 TJ Sport
Facebook
"BIG BLACK's" BUILD THREAD
xsf531 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2009, 08:30 PM   #12
yellojeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Like, there are a lot of answers, but none of them are what the OP was asking for. He just wants some pics. I would do it myself but I have 4'' of lift.

You could always drive around some dealers lots and take some pics.

NRA Life Member
yellojeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #13
notguilty411
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thats messed up, I'd simply take my business elsewhere. Sorry I don't have the pics you're looking for. G/L with that.
notguilty411 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #14
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

It is a county facility. They were being lazy and I was the last one there. The guy was a do**** bag. He saw that we waited in line with my screaming 2 yo brother. We left. He said that all jeeps were the same and they can not inspect them because they can flip easily. He also said that rubis do not sit higher than any other jeep from the factory. I just want to prove that I was right and he was wrong. So if anyone has some pics.
Unread 05-01-2009, 10:06 PM   #15
electrichead
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Here is my stock rubi LJ next to a stock TJ sport. My truck is exactly the same height with the hardtop on.

electrichead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.