Someones Bigger! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 89 Old 02-20-2012, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
SubBass100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
Next to an S10 count?

Yes you can compare any vehicles on the www.SomeonesBigger.com especially bigger jeeps next to hummers lol

SubBass100 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 89 Old 02-20-2012, 07:53 PM
bulldoglover170
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: gaylesville
Posts: 115
. my yj spring over on 35's
bulldoglover170 is offline  
post #33 of 89 Old 02-20-2012, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
SubBass100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldoglover170 View Post
. my yj spring over on 35's
That's pretty sick, Do you have a picture of it next to another vehicle for comparison?
SubBass100 is offline  
post #34 of 89 Old 02-21-2012, 10:44 AM
grizzly11
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: pollock
Posts: 161
I should be getting my driveshaft’s next week so I'll get a pic of it parked next to my buddy's stock YJ when I get them in.


grizzly11 is offline  
post #35 of 89 Old 02-21-2012, 10:56 AM
nshefbuch
Registered User
1982 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: piqua
Posts: 1,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly11
I should be getting my driveshaft’s next week so I'll get a pic of it parked next to my buddy's stock YJ when I get them in.
Dang you could park on top of that stock yj.

CJ7/SOA YJ leaf/5.3LS/t18a/d300 clock/37"Pitbull Rockers/H1's/14 bolt/d44 ARB 4.10 High Steer
nshefbuch is offline  
post #36 of 89 Old 02-22-2012, 02:33 PM
bulldoglover170
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: gaylesville
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubBass100 View Post
That's pretty sick, Do you have a picture of it next to another vehicle for comparison?
Not at the moment, hard to believe I don't have any decent pix.
bulldoglover170 is offline  
post #37 of 89 Old 02-22-2012, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
SubBass100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly11 View Post
I should be getting my driveshaft’s next week so I'll get a pic of it parked next to my buddy's stock YJ when I get them in.
That is straight ridiculous. Definitely send me a pic when you get it up next to another yj! Are you planning on using the same engine or upgrading that too?
SubBass100 is offline  
post #38 of 89 Old 02-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Calven727
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Braunfels TX
Posts: 1,046
lifted a little bit higher than mine. Im on the right.

Calven727 is offline  
post #39 of 89 Old 02-22-2012, 06:09 PM
grizzly11
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: pollock
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubBass100 View Post
That is straight ridiculous. Definitely send me a pic when you get it up next to another yj! Are you planning on using the same engine or upgrading that too?
Same engine, just sending it to the machine shop for a little work 450hp 450tq BBC should do the job.
Big isn’t that uncommon in my area, at the local mud park you will see 10-12 tractor trucks there out of around 3500 people during the big events. My seat is 65" off the ground and I'm not even close to being the biggest.
grizzly11 is offline  
post #40 of 89 Old 02-22-2012, 06:18 PM
nshefbuch
Registered User
1982 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: piqua
Posts: 1,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly11

Same engine, just sending to the machine shop for a little work 450hp 450tq BBC should do the job
Finally someone honest about the power from their motor. I'm tired of seeing so many say their sbc puts out big block power. I've been around the engine dyno enough to know what power motors put out.

CJ7/SOA YJ leaf/5.3LS/t18a/d300 clock/37"Pitbull Rockers/H1's/14 bolt/d44 ARB 4.10 High Steer
nshefbuch is offline  
post #41 of 89 Old 02-22-2012, 06:26 PM
grizzly11
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: pollock
Posts: 161
Yea I get a kick out of reading about someone’s 650hp 350 using an OEM block, sorry a 4bbl carb, headers, cam, and 10.5:1 comp does not add 400hp not to mention a stock block won't hold up to that kind of power.
grizzly11 is offline  
post #42 of 89 Old 02-22-2012, 06:42 PM
nshefbuch
Registered User
1982 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: piqua
Posts: 1,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly11
Yea I get a kick out of reading about someone’s 650hp 350 using an OEM block, sorry a 4bbl carb, headers, cam, and 10.5:1 comp does not add 400hp not to mention a stock block won't hold up to that kind of power.
Even the guys claiming 450hp from their sbc is a joke most of the time. Maybe a stroked sbc can and will do that. I'm just glad to see someone being honest so thank you.

CJ7/SOA YJ leaf/5.3LS/t18a/d300 clock/37"Pitbull Rockers/H1's/14 bolt/d44 ARB 4.10 High Steer
nshefbuch is offline  
post #43 of 89 Old 02-22-2012, 06:57 PM
grizzly11
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: pollock
Posts: 161
You're welcome
grizzly11 is offline  
post #44 of 89 Old 02-22-2012, 08:01 PM
NBMgreg
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hollywood
Posts: 1,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by nshefbuch View Post
Even the guys claiming 450hp from their sbc is a joke most of the time. Maybe a stroked sbc can and will do that. I'm just glad to see someone being honest so thank you.
you guys don't read much about the gen 3 small blocks do you? hop over to LS1tech and about 80% of members are 400-450rwhp cam only (with supporting mods of course, exhaust etc) in their daily drivers. Add nitrous in the mix and 600-700rwhp is easily attainable on a stock bottom end. it's all in the tune Needless to say, the SBC has come a long way since the old carb'd days.


my ride before this was an LS1 trans am. I was right around 380rwhp with a 228/232 .588lift 114lsa cam (very mild if you don't know cams), headers, exhaust, and a tune. Everything else stock right down to the 241 heads and ls1 intake manifold, pretty restrictive, could have gained another 20-30rwhp with factory LS6 heads/intake manifold.

when you get into stroker motors it gets nasty. My old room mate had a Texas Speed 408ci small block in his C5 corvette. Forged, iron block, low CR, built for nitrous. It pumped out something like 543RWHP naturally aspirated, and could easily handle a 300 shot of n20. That car was straight insane, unfortunately he never sprayed it, needed more fuel, but was estimating around 800rwhp on the hit. The thing was trapping high 130's in the quarter mile ridiculous

sorry for the hijack
NBMgreg is offline  
post #45 of 89 Old 02-23-2012, 03:02 AM
nshefbuch
Registered User
1982 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: piqua
Posts: 1,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBMgreg

you guys don't read much about the gen 3 small blocks do you? hop over to LS1tech and about 80% of members are 400-450rwhp cam only (with supporting mods of course, exhaust etc) in their daily drivers. Add nitrous in the mix and 600-700rwhp is easily attainable on a stock bottom end. it's all in the tune Needless to say, the SBC has come a long way since the old carb'd days.

my ride before this was an LS1 trans am. I was right around 380rwhp with a 228/232 .588lift 114lsa cam (very mild if you don't know cams), headers, exhaust, and a tune. Everything else stock right down to the 241 heads and ls1 intake manifold, pretty restrictive, could have gained another 20-30rwhp with factory LS6 heads/intake manifold.

when you get into stroker motors it gets nasty. My old room mate had a Texas Speed 408ci small block in his C5 corvette. Forged, iron block, low CR, built for nitrous. It pumped out something like 543RWHP naturally aspirated, and could easily handle a 300 shot of n20. That car was straight insane, unfortunately he never sprayed it, needed more fuel, but was estimating around 800rwhp on the hit. The thing was trapping high 130's in the quarter mile ridiculous

sorry for the hijack
Maybe it's you who doesn't read much. We said sbc. Not LS motors. Adding nos to any motor will increase its power by 50% so that is a moo point(not mis spelled) as for your friends 800hp????? You already nailed it, his estimate as he never sprayed it. Thanks for the brochure though

Back on topic

CJ7/SOA YJ leaf/5.3LS/t18a/d300 clock/37"Pitbull Rockers/H1's/14 bolt/d44 ARB 4.10 High Steer
nshefbuch is offline  
Reply

Tags
help needed , help please , jeep , photos

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
XJs on 35s or bigger Blue70 Jeep Picture Requests 9 09-30-2010 09:56 AM
zj on 32s or bigger ghudson434 Jeep Picture Requests 4 08-10-2009 07:06 AM
CJ5 with 33s or bigger bow_hunter Jeep Picture Requests 3 04-10-2009 10:03 AM
CJs on 35s or bigger BriansCJ Jeep Picture Requests 4 02-24-2009 07:29 PM
anything bigger than 35s Negative6 Jeep Picture Requests 25 11-06-2005 02:14 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome