Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Someones Bigger!

31K views 88 replies 44 participants last post by  cheapjeep06 
#1 ·
So I bought a Jeep Wrangler TJ about 2 years ago and I love it. I truly know now what the quote "Its a Jeep Thing, you wouldn't understand" is all about. I pulled up to another Wrangler the other day that was slightly smaller than mine. My friend said in a mocking high pitch voice "Someones Bigger!" That made me think. People are proud of there Jeeps and would like to show them off. So I made a website that you can post photos of your jeep (or other vehicle) next to a smaller one so you to can say "Someones Bigger!" You can also comment on photos and rate them. The website is called www.SomeonesBigger.com I am looking for more pictures to post to help start up the site. You can either reply to this post with your pictures or go to the site and submit your photo there. Thanks again for all your help Jeep Brothers and Sisters! Enjoy! :highfive:

PS I love pictures of bigger Jeeps next to Hummers! :laugh:

#40 ·
grizzly11 said:
Same engine, just sending to the machine shop for a little work 450hp 450tq BBC should do the job
Finally someone honest about the power from their motor. I'm tired of seeing so many say their sbc puts out big block power. I've been around the engine dyno enough to know what power motors put out.

#42 ·
grizzly11 said:
Yea I get a kick out of reading about someone’s 650hp 350 using an OEM block, sorry a 4bbl carb, headers, cam, and 10.5:1 comp does not add 400hp not to mention a stock block won't hold up to that kind of power.
Even the guys claiming 450hp from their sbc is a joke most of the time. Maybe a stroked sbc can and will do that. I'm just glad to see someone being honest so thank you.

#44 ·
you guys don't read much about the gen 3 small blocks do you? hop over to LS1tech and about 80% of members are 400-450rwhp cam only (with supporting mods of course, exhaust etc) in their daily drivers. Add nitrous in the mix and 600-700rwhp is easily attainable on a stock bottom end. it's all in the tune ;) Needless to say, the SBC has come a long way since the old carb'd days.

my ride before this was an LS1 trans am. I was right around 380rwhp with a 228/232 .588lift 114lsa cam (very mild if you don't know cams), headers, exhaust, and a tune. Everything else stock right down to the 241 heads and ls1 intake manifold, pretty restrictive, could have gained another 20-30rwhp with factory LS6 heads/intake manifold.

when you get into stroker motors it gets nasty. My old room mate had a Texas Speed 408ci small block in his C5 corvette. Forged, iron block, low CR, built for nitrous. It pumped out something like 543RWHP naturally aspirated, and could easily handle a 300 shot of n20. That car was straight insane, unfortunately he never sprayed it, needed more fuel, but was estimating around 800rwhp on the hit. The thing was trapping high 130's in the quarter mile :laugh: ridiculous

sorry for the hijack :cheers:

#45 ·
NBMgreg said:
you guys don't read much about the gen 3 small blocks do you? hop over to LS1tech and about 80% of members are 400-450rwhp cam only (with supporting mods of course, exhaust etc) in their daily drivers. Add nitrous in the mix and 600-700rwhp is easily attainable on a stock bottom end. it's all in the tune ;) Needless to say, the SBC has come a long way since the old carb'd days.

my ride before this was an LS1 trans am. I was right around 380rwhp with a 228/232 .588lift 114lsa cam (very mild if you don't know cams), headers, exhaust, and a tune. Everything else stock right down to the 241 heads and ls1 intake manifold, pretty restrictive, could have gained another 20-30rwhp with factory LS6 heads/intake manifold.

when you get into stroker motors it gets nasty. My old room mate had a Texas Speed 408ci small block in his C5 corvette. Forged, iron block, low CR, built for nitrous. It pumped out something like 543RWHP naturally aspirated, and could easily handle a 300 shot of n20. That car was straight insane, unfortunately he never sprayed it, needed more fuel, but was estimating around 800rwhp on the hit. The thing was trapping high 130's in the quarter mile :laugh: ridiculous

sorry for the hijack :cheers:
Maybe it's you who doesn't read much. We said sbc. Not LS motors. Adding nos to any motor will increase its power by 50% so that is a moo point(not mis spelled) as for your friends 800hp????? You already nailed it, his estimate as he never sprayed it. Thanks for the brochure though

Back on topic

#48 ·
Explain to me why an ls1 is not a small block chevy? 346 cubic inch, OHV setup, made by general motors. Hell in '02 the z06 cars were rated at 405hp from the factory ls6, bone stock. But I guess that 346 chevy motor isn't an sbc either. The facts are all there, whether you choose to believe it or not is up to you. Don't know what to tell you. I guess we can agree to disagree :cheers:

#49 ·
I will admit that an LS can make some crazy power, but every SB I’ve seen make 400-500 tq is doing it at an unsustainable 7000 RMP. I'm still stuck in the days of a carbed engine and that’s really all I was referring to. I live in Louisiana so not much reason for FI everything is flat mud bogs, there are a few rock crawlers around here but not many most people around me are still running carb's. I'll stick to my old school BB it's hard to get a SB to make 450tq at 3500 RPM.
Now back on topic, let’s see some more big lifted rigs.

#51 ·
I will admit that an LS can make some crazy power, but every SB I've seen make 400-500 tq is doing it at an unsustainable 7000 RMP. I'm still stuck in the days of a carbed engine and that's really all I was referring to. I live in Louisiana so not much reason for FI everything is flat mud bogs, there are a few rock crawlers around here but not many most people around me are still running carb's. I'll stick to my old school BB it's hard to get a SB to make 450tq at 3500 RPM.
Now back on topic, let's see some more big lifted rigs.
gotcha. it is amazing how far the sbc has come yet still uses the same basic design, and the amount of power the new motors are putting out while maintaining reliability and efficiency are unreal. I'm only 25 so i don't know much about the old carb setups, but any sbc is a winner in my book.

since i've derailed this thread so much, here's my contribution :rofl:

the JK's in base trim are so small it is ridiculous. this one may have even been 2wd :thumbdown: Mine is only 3" lift and 33's.. looks much bigger.

#59 ·
SubBass100 said:
Haha, my wife and I were considering getting a new Wrangler Unlimited JK for the same reason lol just a little to pricey.
haha well me and my wife would both like 4 door rubicons.. but the wj's are in our price range :) I like them a lot but I miss having a wrangler..

#60 ·
my 900hp sbc yj :rofl: next to my buddys yj with a 3in lift and 31s

between 2 tjs each with 4in lifts and 33s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.