Smittybuilt XRC Rocker Guards - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Smittybuilt XRC Rocker Guards

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Steinjäger photo contest!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 02-15-2010, 03:35 PM   #16
Mitchin
2002 TJ Wrangler 

nothing like a gusset behind them so dirt and water does not get trapped or what?

NIGHT CREW #16
Yellow Jeep Club #67

My Build Thread- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...-sport-973277/
Mitchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #17
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchintheTrail View Post
nothing like a gusset behind them so dirt and water does not get trapped or what?
there are different products out there that suppliers offer, but they go on pretty flush, so I wouldnt worry too much about it, if it does worry you, just line the sliders with an apoxy or soemthing before you stick it on.

Shameless plug: www.davidisabeersnob.com

My CJ7 Build Thread
AustinCJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 03:44 PM   #18
Mitchin
2002 TJ Wrangler 

okie dokie just want to make sure brah thank you!
NIGHT CREW #16
Yellow Jeep Club #67

My Build Thread- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...-sport-973277/
Mitchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 11:44 AM   #19
HighRoller02TJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

what about mounting the bottom? how did you guys go about that? did you loosen all of the body mounts or just the side ones under the doors? I read one guys way. anyone else? I got these in my garage ready to go on
HighRoller02TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #20
arineod
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRoller02TJ View Post
what about mounting the bottom? how did you guys go about that? did you loosen all of the body mounts or just the side ones under the doors? I read one guys way. anyone else? I got these in my garage ready to go on
Instructions seem lengthy. I am curious as well.
Unread 06-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #21
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arineod View Post
Instructions seem lengthy. I am curious as well.
Holy dead thread, batman. The post you quotes was over a year old lol

But to be somewhat constructive...

I loosened all the body mount bolts when doing mine just to prevent over stressing anything. Made for an easy install. Oddly, the most difficult part was shortening up the body mount dampeners (or whatever they hell they are.) The best method I came up involved an angle grinder but damn, those things sure gummed up a lot while cutting/trimming them.

Also, they now include stainless hardware with them, so that's a plus.
[COLOR="DimGray"]SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #46[/COLOR]
[I][B]Get [/B][/I][B][COLOR="DimGray"][URL="http://www.savvyoffroad.com/"]Savvy.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][I][B][/B][/I]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/SFFCustoms"]SFF Customs[/URL]

[QUOTE=GraKee99;10375372]Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gene Mooneyham]Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-2000-tj-slow-build-very-slow-947018/"]My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build[/URL]
kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #22
redjp04
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I put these on a couple months ago. I did the install alone in a cramped garage with minimal knuckle bustin so it can be done. As far as how I did it for the most part i just did what the instructions suggested. But I do agree with the previous post, cutting those rubber body mount spacer thingys took a bit of patients. Personally I tried to b as precise as possible when following the measurements that came with the instructions (OCD) so I used a hack saw. Gave me a pretty straight cut in the end. In conclusion I like the sliders. Seem solid, powder coat is holding up and deff covers a vulnerable spot on my TJ
image-11105280.jpg  
redjp04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #23
arineod
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great and thanks!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.