Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Seat Covers! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Seat Covers!

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Seat Covers!

I'd like to see pics of the different colors. After searching on here, there's like 3 pics of these seat covers? Are they that bad? Post pics if you got 'em and how you like them

Unread 08-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #2
azatrox
2006 LJ Wrangler 

There's been several threads about them.
I have a set. I like the storage they provide, but they're made of cheap Chi Com plastic. Had a strong smell to them when they were new.
My biggest gripe is that they don't breath at all. Hot as hell here in Az in the summer, having these up against your back and a$$ makes for a sweaty drive. I folded up the seat portion and tucked it up behind the lower back portion. They're a "universal fit" too, don't expect a nice fit.
It's a great concept, had they been of better quality and made of some kind of durable cloth it would've been a better product.
I like them for the storage, just not quite as nice as I expected.
azatrox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
aparke4
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

they are made out of a carhart material that does not breathe as mentioned above... the pouches are awesome!!! the trail bags are well made and great for soft storage... but, they are very hot... i had to take mine out and they are not a very tight fit... but, for wear and tear, work and mud they are awesome.
aparke4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

thanks for the info guys!
Unread 06-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #5
TJBrit
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I have just 1 on my drivers seat, love it! as others have said, not the best in hot climates (or just hot weather in general, anything over 85degrees) as it doesn't breath and gets sweaty. But otherwise great! love the customization ability of it with all the different pouches and locations to mount them and is holding up very well durability wise. Fit isn't the best but it breaks in after a while.
Rough Country 2.5" lift, 15x8 Black Rock D wheels 4.5BS, 32x11.5x15r Falken Rocky Mtns ATS, Full Traction Steering Stabilizer, Rockman steering box skid plate, Rusty radiator skid plate, SmittyBilt SRC rear bumper, KC HiLites Headlamps, RC Quick Disconnects.
TJBrit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #6
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

ok, so i see a few reviews..but, this is the picture request section....
Unread 06-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #7
TJBrit
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'll take a couple pics of mine when I leave work, if you promise to keep your panties untwisted!?!?! j/k...
Rough Country 2.5" lift, 15x8 Black Rock D wheels 4.5BS, 32x11.5x15r Falken Rocky Mtns ATS, Full Traction Steering Stabilizer, Rockman steering box skid plate, Rusty radiator skid plate, SmittyBilt SRC rear bumper, KC HiLites Headlamps, RC Quick Disconnects.
Unread 06-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #8
CJsPerson
2008 JK Wrangler 

Not a great picture of the seat cover but it’s there. I love mine. It fits like crap, faded right away and the previous mentioned things. But I know where everything is and it’s always there and out of the way. One bag is a quick excursion pack that it’ll pull off if the Jeep is going to be left behind. My daughter puts a lot of stuff in it too. I’d buy one again.

I off road because I have a Jeep. I don't have a Jeep because I off road. Above all my Jeep is a convertible. That's where my love is for the brand ...convertible overkill
CJsPerson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #9
GunHo198
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I tried ordering those a few months back. Sold out and backordered everywhere.

If 4wheel parts don't have them in stock, then nobody does. Smittybuilt is owned by 4wheel parts.
Unread 06-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #10
azatrox
2006 LJ Wrangler 

More of a puppy pic, but you can see the seat covers and the added velcro I needed to secure them. As mentioned, they are a universal fit and didn't fit so well on my 06's Rubi seats.
I also got the tailgate set thrown in when I bought my two seat covers.

azatrox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #11
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

They're crap. I was barely able to give mine away.
Unread 06-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #12
TJBrit
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Ok here's mine on my drivers seat...yeah it doesn't fit great on these types of seats as someone else said but honestly it works great for my needs (storage). Saying they're crap is a little harsh imho.

Unread 06-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #13
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunHo198 View Post
I tried ordering those a few months back. Sold out and backordered everywhere.

If 4wheel parts don't have them in stock, then nobody does. Smittybuilt is owned by 4wheel parts.
try amazon.com

even if the seat cover part is crap i just like them for storage, but i'm not sure i would spend the $100 on them.
Unread 06-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #14
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBrit View Post
Saying they're crap is a little harsh imho.

It's not harsh, it just needs some explanation. For the job it does at being a seat cover, I haven't seen a worse one yet. The fittament on the Yj seats was terrible despite the amount of adjustments on the seat back the bottom was constantly coming loose and wore quickly within the first month of being installed.

As a storage device, it's somewhat ok. The only real advantage I saw was the ability to attach my molle holsters to the bottom of the passenger seat back and have easy access to ol Betsy. I have since replaced the seat covers with some better fitting wet Okole models and have attached all the molle components to my Raingler nets which stay on under the hardtop in the winter months.

For the first month, they were great because I looked at the pouches and not the fact that the seat's springs were bypassed by the design of the seat covers suspending you above the cushioning part of the seat bottom.
Unread 06-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #15
TJBrit
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I've had mine for well over a year now. Never once come lose or show fading or wear (see pics). But then again I never move my drivers seats which could cause them to come lose. I do agree they are expensive for what they are (bad fitment). I just haven't seen anything else like it that's better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.