show me pics of your 35's on your TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > show me pics of your 35's on your TJ

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 03-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
jetmoto
2004 TJ Wrangler 

show me pics of your 35's on your TJ

Buried my front diff in the mud today and was just lucky there wasnt a rock. time to step up from the 32's i am running right now. I have a 4" lift, will i have enough travel room with stock fenders? Jeep is a daily driver that i take out on the weekends to play with and get stuck.

feel free to make suggestions/tell me what you did to your front end.

jetmoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
jetmoto
2004 TJ Wrangler 

here is a pic for reference

looks like i will have room for an extra 3 inches of tire, just a tad concerned about suspension travel. I really dont want to put any more lift on it if i can get away with it.
Unread 03-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #3
SpiderViper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

If you like the look of your fender flares I wouldn't go 35`s... they will fit but you will have very minimal flex before you wear the paint on your flares through from rubbing.... I have the same set up with 33`s and its a decent dd weekend warrior
on a side note the thread title sounds like it should be in the pic request thread so it may be moved by a mod... for pics the search bar in the pic thread works great there are tons and tons of pics of all types of tires sizes and lifts!
Chris
SpiderViper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
jetmoto
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderViper View Post
If you like the look of your fender flares I wouldn't go 35`s... they will fit but you will have very minimal flex before you wear the paint on your flares through from rubbing.... I have the same set up with 33`s and its a decent dd weekend warrior
on a side note the thread title sounds like it should be in the pic request thread so it may be moved by a mod... for pics the search bar in the pic thread works great there are tons and tons of pics of all types of tires sizes and lifts!
Chris
ok thanks man!
Unread 03-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #5
SpiderViper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Also you only will ave 1.5 inches of extra tire filling the gap... 33 is the diameter your only adding half of the 3 inches (so 1.5) to each radius top and bottom
Unread 03-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
jetmoto
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderViper View Post
Also you only will ave 1.5 inches of extra tire filling the gap... 33 is the diameter your only adding half of the 3 inches (so 1.5) to each radius top and bottom
correct. thank you
Unread 03-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #7
SpiderViper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

np man looks great!
Unread 03-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #8
jetmoto
2004 TJ Wrangler 

yeah, dont really want to mess around with the fenders too much, money-wise, and it just isnt something i want to have to dick around with. i see a lot of posts about people having to do a lot of front end upgrades to run the 35s, is this really necessary or can i just slap some on there with my lift and go play in the mud?
Unread 03-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #9
chevy2169
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmoto View Post
yeah, dont really want to mess around with the fenders too much, money-wise, and it just isnt something i want to have to dick around with. i see a lot of posts about people having to do a lot of front end upgrades to run the 35s, is this really necessary or can i just slap some on there with my lift and go play in the mud?
You can slap some on there and play in the mud, but it isn't going to last as a daily driver. Things will wear out much faster, as well as many other factors that are covered in many other threads on here. IMO 35's aren't worth the hassle, money, or the extra 1.5 inches they give you in ground clearance. This is coming from a dude who also wheels the piss out of his jeep on 32's. My two cents.

If you can't get through the mud hole on 32 11.50's, chances are you arent getting through it on 35 12.50s.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipsh**s.
chevy2169 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #10
jetmoto
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy2169 View Post
You can slap some on there and play in the mud, but it isn't going to last as a daily driver. Things will wear out much faster, as well as many other factors that are covered in many other threads on here. IMO 35's aren't worth the hassle, money, or the extra 1.5 inches they give you in ground clearance. This is coming from a dude who also wheels the piss out of his jeep on 32's. My two cents.

If you can't get through the mud hole on 32 11.50's, chances are you arent getting through it on 35 12.50s.
makes sense. every thread i see just makes memthink its not a good idea. 33s maybe a nice compromise.
Unread 03-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #11
MoJeepDriver

You might be better off spending extra tire money on some lockers. I do have 35" tires on my 2000 TJ with a 4.5" lift and larger fender flares but in serious offroad situations, I still have rubbing issues. Good luck.
MoJeepDriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #12
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmoto View Post
Buried my front diff in the mud today and was just lucky there wasnt a rock. time to step up from the 32's i am running right now. I have a 4" lift, will i have enough travel room with stock fenders? Jeep is a daily driver that i take out on the weekends to play with and get stuck.

feel free to make suggestions/tell me what you did to your front end.
It's all about your bumpstops. With a 4" lift, add a 1" body lift and 2-3" bumpstops (depending on when your shocks bottom out) and you will have plenty of room with stock fenders and 35" tires.

Here's full stuff in the front with 35s, 4" suspension, 1" BL, and 3" bumpstops:

BYuen is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #13
dcope17
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYuen View Post
Looks like its hitting the fender just under the side turn light... also, you're wheels are straight, give them a turn to lock and see if it clears the back.

A decent fix it just to trim the flares so they stick out but don't go down that far.

Life with Christ can be explained like a Jeep...
Being in the Word... grows your tire size.
Prayer... gains more ground clearance.
Fellowship... Is like having a good spotter.

The more of these you have... the easier it is to get over obstacles in your path.
.[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f194/dcope17s-thoughts-bible-please-read-only-do-not-post-1333441/#post13115090"]My Bible Thread[/URL]
dcope17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #14
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcope17 View Post
Looks like its hitting the fender just under the side turn light... also, you're wheels are straight, give them a turn to lock and see if it clears the back.

A decent fix it just to trim the flares so they stick out but don't go down that far.
Thanks for the advice! Yea they do rub the flares a little depending how the wheels are oriented. Fenders not at all. My rear tires rub more at full stuff as the wheelbase increases, but I also have 2" of bumpstop in the back. Overall haven't had any issues and don't really mind, so I've left my flares untouched for now. I was thinking some Rubi flares would be nice, being 1" wider than stock to tuck the tires a little better while still maintaining a more narrow profile.
BYuen is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #15
dcope17
2006 TJ Wrangler 

A little rub never hurts. Even less of a concern with yours since they're not painted.

I watched one guys tire rip his off once. Well, only like 3 bolts so it stayed on but flopped around all day.

Life with Christ can be explained like a Jeep...
Being in the Word... grows your tire size.
Prayer... gains more ground clearance.
Fellowship... Is like having a good spotter.

The more of these you have... the easier it is to get over obstacles in your path.
.[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f194/dcope17s-thoughts-bible-please-read-only-do-not-post-1333441/#post13115090"]My Bible Thread[/URL]
dcope17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.