Short Arm Lift Currie Johnny Joint, X Flex etc - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Short Arm Lift Currie Johnny Joint, X Flex etc

JcrOffroad Black Friday Sale!Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 03-22-2010, 07:50 PM   #61
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

PS the 2040 thing was just in fun

2002 Apex Jeep TJ Lifted, Locked, geared and ready for more
ocTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #62
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocTJ View Post
See that's the kind of photography I WANT to be doing...Gotta love over priced Hobbies...

Ok So let's pretend...pretend were making a build sheet..your RK triangulated rear uppers...RC 3.75" lift I glanced at AEV stuff soon as I saw the prices I knew I was out of my league... The gist is I want the best performance for about 2000 dollars 2500 TOPS

4 33" **** Cepek crushers and/or GY Wrangler kevlars (still running stock rims but I can get some steel rims for like 250 bucks for a set.)

PS For stock or stock man that's pretty dam# good flex for those boxy Control arms
Look at other options before you make a decision man--the rear Currie track bar looks great, too. It uses a JJ so no binding would occur. But if you want to go RK, call around (hint, tellico4x4.com). Do know that it won't do anything for you unless you have some nice lower arms back there as well. I don't think there is a better VALUE than the RC 2.5" springs and shocks. But they aren't the best. And don't forget the MML. You're on the right track.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2010, 08:11 PM   #63
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well my thought is go 3.75" lift from RC shocks or not I think it's a great value and one that would work as well as most of the high dollar kits like OME springs. that's 400. Rims tires 1000...anyone know where I can get currie JJ's for around 700? lol

That would be 3.75" lift 33" tires (or 35's if I knew someone near me that could show me how to cut and trim) full Johnny Joint Control Arms a drop bracket in the rear and adjustable up front I think would be necessary to get with the RC Kit though?

I really like the idea of Wrangler Kevlars too...Anyone have a set up similar to that? how much were your AEV springs? 360 for front and rear 3" springs....hmmmm

Unread 03-22-2010, 08:30 PM   #64
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well my thought is go 3.75" lift from RC shocks or not I think it's a great value and one that would work as well as most of the high dollar kits like OME springs. that's 400. Rims tires 1000...anyone know where I can get currie JJ's for around 700? lol

That would be 3.75" lift 33" tires (or 35's if I knew someone near me that could show me how to cut and trim) full Johnny Joint Control Arms a drop bracket in the rear and adjustable up front I think would be necessary to get with the RC Kit though?

I really like the idea of Wrangler Kevlars too...Anyone have a set up similar to that? how much were your AEV springs? 360 for front and rear 3" springs....hmmmm
If you are on a budget, the goodyear wrangler MT/R with Kevlar may not be the greatest choice, the cheapest I have found was $204 per tire. That is $1000 for just tires...no wheels, not mounted, not balanced.

Add cheap Cragar Soft 8's and you're at $1200...factor in mounted and balanced and you're at $1300+.

You can do 5 33" tires mounted and balanced for MUCH cheaper if you choose a different tire. Just throwin it out there.

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2010, 08:42 PM   #65
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You have a PM oc.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 06:35 AM   #66
elephantrider
2005 LJ Wrangler 

back on track with some sa action ! great pics so far
fellas... come on out of the closet the rest of ya's...
elephantrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 10:05 AM   #67
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

nod to the closet comment ^^

Unread 03-23-2010, 07:42 PM   #68
blackruby56
2006 TJ Wrangler 

AEV 3 inch coils OME long travel shocks and rockmen dual JJ arms.

blackruby56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 08:49 PM   #69
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Ooh how are the long travels? looks like your coil is even drooped off the perch from my angle.. What kind of travel do they provide?

Unread 03-23-2010, 09:26 PM   #70
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Old set up. still no time to test the Rokmen arms.
Hendrix is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 11:48 PM   #71
glockster
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Rubicon Express 4.5"SF w/3.5" springs. RE trackbars front and rear. Does everything I need it too. That last 10% my friend Imped is after............will wait for my next rig, not this one.

[IMG][/IMG]

Glockster's Rubihara Build
glockster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:20 AM   #72
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

That last 10% is pretty expensive lol and I think in your case it might be the last 5% since your wheelbase helps a lot

Hendrix looks like your Jeep is getting it done right there sure isn't leaving you stranded lol...well at least not in that pic

Unread 03-24-2010, 09:32 PM   #73
blackruby56
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ooh how are the long travels? looks like your coil is even drooped off the perch from my angle.. What kind of travel do they provide?
I have not measured it out but they are for up to 4 inch lifts and I have 3.25 suspension. I am happy with them. The setup rides better than my stock shocks did, less bouncy so it rides solid but not rough.If that makes sense
blackruby56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #74
Jeepzcb09
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Check out the RC 4in "X" kit(i just ordered it today,wednsday). All 8 control arms are adjustable,greasable,and rebuildable, and have flex joints. Front adj track bar, front discos, s.s brake lines,shocks,etc. A really nice kit for $999.99

Believe.
Jeepzcb09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 12:11 AM   #75
Chester405
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Here is the best flexing pictures I have of my RC 2.5 kit. Stock arms and stock track bars in this picture. I now have the RC track bars

Not quite maxing out the suspension, but where I live (rather where the jeep lives now) there is not a whole lot of things to flex on.
Chester405 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.