Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Short Arm Lift Currie Johnny Joint, X Flex etc

36K views 141 replies 42 participants last post by  mukluk 
#1 · (Edited)
Short Arm Lift in action

I want to see your Short Arm Lifts doing WORK!!!! A very reputable person mentioned how great the Currie Short arm suspension worked because it didn't get hunt up on obstacles and the tires didn't fall down into other obstacles as much as the long arm suspensions might.. The mear thought of a short arm being as effective as a long arm I'm sure is blasphemy to some people but I thought I would pose this to you all.

All you Johnny joint suspension, short ARM lift X flex kits guys... POSE UP let's see how your rig get's er dun :cheers2:

#2 ·
This is about as much as I can get out of my short arms. I've got both front and rear sway bars disconnected, and my front fenders chopped. At the time my rear sway bar mount was sheered off as well, so the rear was doing a little better flexing then usual :p

#3 ·
I've got the Currie setup on the front of my Jeep and I'm quite happy with the way it works. I'm waiting for the Savvy TT to be released and then I'll install the rear upper/lower arms.

My decision to go with Currie was confirmed after seeing the Currie TJ on display at TDS. They had it waaayyy flexed out. There's no way I'll ever need more flex than this kit can provide. I'll outboard the rear shocks and call it good.

#5 ·
yeah only 2 people use their short arm kits? More flex doesn't always mean getting there I don't expect long arm flex from a short arm Kit but the question is whether or not it's just as capable

Tks for the response Motorep now lets see some pictures!!

#13 ·
Sorry, no pics except on Facebook. Never started a photobucket account to post pics. Guess I should get with the times...

The shot of Ironwind's rig is a good example of what the kit can do. I run an Antirock (2nd position) so I don't get quite as much flex as it's capable of providing. That will change when the Savvy stuff is added and I change a few things.

I don't shy away from the hardest stuff around here and I have no issues keeping up with any of the "normal" long arm equipped rigs. I've seen first hand long arms getting caught on rocks and getting in the way. My only limitation is the stock shovel and that will be solved soon with the Savvy TT.

#9 ·
Very Nice the thread is starting to warm up a little.. I was getting a little worried asked for pics of people wheeling short arms and heard crickets lol..I felt those currie johnny joints in person and wow talk about well made.. Jforse you can tell the suspension doesn't look like it's at it's limit at all nice picture!! i'm on my work computer now so someo of the pictures I won't be able to see until later..not sure why some pictures just look like a white dot

#14 ·
stock short control arms, 2" budget boost with front disconnected

Attachments

#16 ·
Wow no joke that is pretty impressive... Even the budget boost set up isn't doing bad at all throw johnny joints on that and you'd probably hurt some egos...when you wheel with people are they ever shocked with how well your rig goes?

#19 ·
I thought your rig was long arm...hot damn keep em coming...what about it for those that go out in groups on trail runs. Is anyone ever shocked to see what a short (short should be called standard) arm lift can do?

#25 ·
It's the Short Arm Revolution!! Short arm with DB? It's a nice setup Spdn conan you guys have some pretty sick Rigs do you think you'll change lifts or are you pretty happy with it?

Let's see what we can do honestly some of you guys are twisting up much more than I would have thought possible

#30 ·
every picture I keep looking for some long arms... that is all rokmen set up I assume?

all the guys i wheel with have sa set up. i think
they do pretty dang good overall...
I know a few people I wheel with and the ones that don't preach long arm almost have this.. my jeep is gimp demeaner because they have a short arm but.. I haven't seen anything gimp yet in this thread (note I haven't posted up my milk carton on wheels for a reason)

#28 ·
Spyder- you beat me to it. Rokmen is pretty high on short arm kits and how they perform, so I am running their short arms on RE springs.

:cheers:

#31 ·
There web site does no Justice for the size of the JJ on these ROKMEN lower control arms. I was going to buy Currie But I decided to get a set of these I put these on last Wednesday along with there uppers. They are great quality. Sean says it is the exact arms they run on the Freak. I would recommend saving your coin and getting a set of these.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.