Short Arm Lift Currie Johnny Joint, X Flex etc - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Short Arm Lift Currie Johnny Joint, X Flex etc

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-18-2010, 04:51 PM   #1
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Short Arm Lift in action

I want to see your Short Arm Lifts doing WORK!!!! A very reputable person mentioned how great the Currie Short arm suspension worked because it didn't get hunt up on obstacles and the tires didn't fall down into other obstacles as much as the long arm suspensions might.. The mear thought of a short arm being as effective as a long arm I'm sure is blasphemy to some people but I thought I would pose this to you all.

All you Johnny joint suspension, short ARM lift X flex kits guys... POSE UP let's see how your rig get's er dun

2002 Apex Jeep TJ Lifted, Locked, geared and ready for more

Last edited by ocTJ; 03-18-2010 at 09:46 PM..
ocTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 12:34 AM   #2
Davetha

2003 TJ Wrangler 

This is about as much as I can get out of my short arms. I've got both front and rear sway bars disconnected, and my front fenders chopped. At the time my rear sway bar mount was sheered off as well, so the rear was doing a little better flexing then usual :P

Davetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 01:50 AM   #3
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I've got the Currie setup on the front of my Jeep and I'm quite happy with the way it works. I'm waiting for the Savvy TT to be released and then I'll install the rear upper/lower arms.

My decision to go with Currie was confirmed after seeing the Currie TJ on display at TDS. They had it waaayyy flexed out. There's no way I'll ever need more flex than this kit can provide. I'll outboard the rear shocks and call it good.
Unread 03-19-2010, 01:56 AM   #4
TedderX_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

bump up TTT

Oh Crap! Handle- Standard Equipment

Quote:
"If you need a knife to open your knife, you've bought the wrong knife". -Tedder
TedderX_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 08:22 AM   #5
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

yeah only 2 people use their short arm kits? More flex doesn't always mean getting there I don't expect long arm flex from a short arm Kit but the question is whether or not it's just as capable

Tks for the response Motorep now lets see some pictures!!

Unread 03-19-2010, 08:29 AM   #6
jforse
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

ocTJ,

I just cant find any of my wheelin pics right now. I'm running the Rock Krawler short arms and love them. I get everywhere the long arm rigs do in my club with just as much ease. I'll post up some pics as soon as I can find them.
Unread 03-19-2010, 08:30 AM   #7
Alex74012
2004 TJ Wrangler 

my lift is a piece one,i have curry arms tho
only pic i have
Unread 03-19-2010, 08:35 AM   #8
jforse
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jforse View Post
ocTJ,

I just cant find any of my wheelin pics right now. I'm running the Rock Krawler short arms and love them. I get everywhere the long arm rigs do in my club with just as much ease. I'll post up some pics as soon as I can find them.
Here you go. Drivers front on bumpstop. Lots of droop left in pass front. Pass rear on bumpstop, droop left on drivers rear.

Unread 03-19-2010, 08:40 AM   #9
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Very Nice the thread is starting to warm up a little.. I was getting a little worried asked for pics of people wheeling short arms and heard crickets lol..I felt those currie johnny joints in person and wow talk about well made.. Jforse you can tell the suspension doesn't look like it's at it's limit at all nice picture!! i'm on my work computer now so someo of the pictures I won't be able to see until later..not sure why some pictures just look like a white dot

Unread 03-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #10
jforse
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocTJ View Post
Very Nice the thread is starting to warm up a little.. I was getting a little worried asked for pics of people wheeling short arms and heard crickets lol..I felt those currie johnny joints in person and wow talk about well made.. Jforse you can tell the suspension doesn't look like it's at it's limit at all nice picture!! i'm on my work computer now so someo of the pictures I won't be able to see until later..not sure why some pictures just look like a white dot
Yes your right its not at the limit there. I'm currently adding a 1"deep UCF bellypan and LOPRO mount to get a smooth bottom and more clearance.
Unread 03-19-2010, 09:11 AM   #11
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jforse View Post
Yes your right its not at the limit there. I'm currently adding a 1"deep UCF bellypan and LOPRO mount to get a smooth bottom and more clearance.
more wheelin pics!!

Unread 03-19-2010, 10:27 AM   #12
Ironwind1972
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Rides stiff, but still the best lift kit I've ever had. I need longer shocks, the ones I have on now are restricting my droop. These pictures were taken before I installed my JJ rear track bar.

Last edited by Ironwind1972; 03-19-2010 at 10:38 AM..
Ironwind1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #13
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocTJ View Post
yeah only 2 people use their short arm kits? More flex doesn't always mean getting there I don't expect long arm flex from a short arm Kit but the question is whether or not it's just as capable

Tks for the response Motorep now lets see some pictures!!
Sorry, no pics except on Facebook. Never started a photobucket account to post pics. Guess I should get with the times...

The shot of Ironwind's rig is a good example of what the kit can do. I run an Antirock (2nd position) so I don't get quite as much flex as it's capable of providing. That will change when the Savvy stuff is added and I change a few things.

I don't shy away from the hardest stuff around here and I have no issues keeping up with any of the "normal" long arm equipped rigs. I've seen first hand long arms getting caught on rocks and getting in the way. My only limitation is the stock shovel and that will be solved soon with the Savvy TT.
Motorep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 12:17 PM   #14
slafferty
2000 TJ Wrangler 

stock short control arms, 2" budget boost with front disconnected
rsz_011.jpg   rsz_012.jpg  
'00 TJ, 4.0, nv3550 spd, E-lockers Front and Rear, 4.88 gears. Homebuilt Bumpers/ tube doors.. Homebuilt Long Arm in the making... 35 inch MT-R's ordered[QUOTE=RUBtjICON;9622056]If you arent scratching it, you arent trying hard enough :tea:[/QUOTE]

[U][I][B]MY BUILD THREAD[/B][/I][/U]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/slaffertys-2000-tj-build-1121555/index2.html"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="4"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/slaffertys-2000-tj-build-1121555/index2.html[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL]
slafferty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 12:40 PM   #15
elephantrider
2005 LJ Wrangler 

here's about all i can get from my sa set up.
lookin at mid arms in a few months and just
ordered a ucf high clearance tranny skid...

before i cut the stock flares -

elephantrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.