Rusty Bottom - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Rusty Bottom

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-19-2010, 07:45 AM   #1
bentleylacasse
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Rusty Bottom

Hi - I'm looking to purchase a Jeep Wrangler. I've got a friend who is looking to sell his. It is a 2001 with about 95000 miles. Seems to be in good shape - new tires, brakes, and alternator. My biggest concern is some rust. Do you guys think $4,000 is a fair price for this? Also - do you have any concern about how much rust is showing in these pictures? It has been off the road for about 8 months around Boston.

Thanks!

bentleylacasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
klincker
2013 JK Wrangler 

i dont see any pictures. 4k for a 2001 is not a bad price, but you need to give us some specs. is it a 6 cyl or 4 cyl?
also, if it is a 2001 it is a TJ, not a YJ.
klincker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
bentleylacasse
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info. on the TJ (I'll admit - I'm new to this.) It is a 4 cylinder. I couldn't figure out how to load the pictures on here. If you don't mind telling me how to load the pics or I can send an email if you're up for it.
Unread 05-19-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
misscla
2001 XJ Cherokee 

4k is a pretty good deal around boston. where is the rust???
Unread 05-19-2010, 01:56 PM   #5
bentleylacasse
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The majority of the rust is on the frame, and some of the engine components have rust. There was a bolt coming off the engine block that was all rusted, and a few of the connections seemed to be rusty. Engine sounds good though, nothing is leaking (that I could see) and it seems to run pretty well.
Unread 05-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #6
turbojoe
1997 TJ Wrangler 

If you plan on lifting it in the future, i would stay away from the 4 cylinder due to lack of power. But if you are just going to leave it stock it should be good and gets better gas mileage than the 6.

Jeep
turbojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2010, 05:13 PM   #7
alecmcmahon

I dont think you'll find any vehicles on the east coast the DONT have rust on them.

Some surface rust is typical, but if you can smack the frame with a a hammer and it gives way, walk away.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.