Red TJs with accents.. - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 02-11-2013, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
JustinBooth52
2009 JK Wrangler 

Red TJs with accents..

Okay so I just bought a 2006 Rubicon and I want to had some things on the outside to add some character but I don't know if I should accent in chrome or black. my 98 was dark red so black looked great but I just can't decide about my new fire engine red Rubi! Help!!!

2009 Red Rock JKU building it my way, one bolt at a time, with out instructions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

This thread should give you some ideas. Chrome has fallen out of favor these days, but it's your Jeep.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/f...js-ljs-993173/

My TJ, same year and color as it has changed.

post #3 of 12 Old 02-11-2013, 09:15 PM
djflyy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

A few of mine over the years... many changes of equipment (toying with black) and I think the most recent is the best combo yet

31s, stock lift, Soft-8s

35s, 3" lift, soft-8s

35s, 4" lift, tubed, aluminum Canyons
post #4 of 12 Old 02-11-2013, 09:25 PM
19in1979
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflyy View Post
A few of mine over the years... many changes of equipment (toying with black) and I think the most recent is the best combo yet

35s, 4" lift, tubed, aluminum Canyons
This photo could easily have been put together by a million dollar ad company in NYC as a Jeep ad campaign...it's just framed perfectly.

Best regards,

Wayne

Living the dream at 8,500ft. elevation in beautiful Coal Creek Canyon, Colorado.
post #5 of 12 Old 02-11-2013, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
JustinBooth52
2009 JK Wrangler 

thanks guys I just need a chrome one to compare to now

2009 Red Rock JKU building it my way, one bolt at a time, with out instructions.
post #6 of 12 Old 02-11-2013, 10:24 PM
djflyy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19in1979 View Post
This photo could easily have been put together by a million dollar ad company in NYC as a Jeep ad campaign...it's just framed perfectly.

Wow. Thank you! Photography is a hobby in my spare time, but that was quite the compliment. The factory is a local concrete place that I love to take my cars to for still shots. I think the contrast of the rusty old industrial lot is phenomenal against modern cars... Without clogging up this thread, here's links to two of my Audi I took in September. Photo 1 / Photo 2
post #7 of 12 Old 02-11-2013, 11:50 PM
19in1979
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflyy View Post
Wow. Thank you! Photography is a hobby in my spare time, but that was quite the compliment. The factory is a local concrete place that I love to take my cars to for still shots. I think the contrast of the rusty old industrial lot is phenomenal against modern cars... Without clogging up this thread, here's links to two of my Audi I took in September. Photo 1 / Photo 2
You're welcome. It's funny, I can easily see a guy walking out of the building holding blueprints under one arm, a cup of coffee in the other, and dripping in Eddie Bauer clothes. <Imagination on overdrive - due to lack of sleep>

Best regards,

Wayne

Living the dream at 8,500ft. elevation in beautiful Coal Creek Canyon, Colorado.
post #8 of 12 Old 02-12-2013, 12:07 AM
Oman Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinBooth52 View Post
thanks guys I just need a chrome one to compare to now
I think the key is moderation. I don't like too much black or too much chrome.

Basically, keep the wheels shiny. But don't chrome the door hinges.

Find a happy balance somewhere in between and it's a good look IMO.

The wheels (although dirty in that first picture), diff covers (the paint was coming off so figured why not!), the headlight bezels, the jerry cans and the emblems are chrome. The headlights themselves are the chrome versions not the blacked out versions.

That's about it. Enough to keep it classy IMO.
post #9 of 12 Old 02-12-2013, 12:18 AM
djflyy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep

I think the key is moderation. I don't like too much black or too much chrome. Enough to keep it classy IMO.
Couldn't agree more. It's why I fell in love with the Canyon rims. I'd had the Grizzly ones, but going back to the aluminum lighter color vs the black I think have the entire rig a better stance. Black for bumpers and armor (unless color matching armor) and aluminum wheels will give you the best combo.
post #10 of 12 Old 02-12-2013, 04:18 AM
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

You might try polished aluminum wheels likes mine. But they're more work to keep polished. They're like mirrors when clean.

And still they shine when dirty...

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport - Build
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer - Build

post #11 of 12 Old 02-12-2013, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
JustinBooth52
2009 JK Wrangler 

yeah I was gonna chrome the hinges and pretty much everything from front to back that wasnt the body or bumpers but I think I changed my mind. black bumpers, black fender flairs, and keep the black factory tailgate hinges but chrome grill guard bar, chrome headlight bezels, chrome grill inserts and I'll leave the hinges the factory red for now until they start peeling or busting then I'll have to take a long hard look at either chrome or black powder coat.. I'm still not for sure about the chrome grill inserts. what do you all think?

post #12 of 12 Old 02-12-2013, 08:42 AM
1HOTV2
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Here is my red and black rig.
Attached Thumbnails
000_0071.jpg  

Jeeps are not manufactured from blueprints but rather built from dreams and imagination

RED 99 TJ
4"" RE Extreme Duty Long Arm
I6 / 5-Speed
33X12.5X15
RockHard Sport Cage
Currie HD Steering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.