Rear Tube Fenders - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Rear Tube Fenders

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
ChuckTe
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Rear Tube Fenders

Lets see your rear tube fenders. Wheel placement and width.

ChuckTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
BFabsTJ

Lookin at getting some this week dont know if im goin smittybilt yet any pics of these and others?
BFabsTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFabsTJ View Post
Lookin at getting some this week dont know if im goin smittybilt yet any pics of these and others?
Smittybilt rear tj tubes on a yj. Be prepared to do some work to any smittybilt product to clean it up and establish integrity. I can take lots more pics if you're interested.

Unread 01-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
stogie25
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Assembled from PSC rear flares, trail corners, and creativity finished in bed liner.
97 Black TJ (one owner), BFG KM2 35s, 4.7L Stroker, ARB's, Dana60 rear, Dana30HP Front Warn manual hub conversion, 6 inch mostly Tera long arm lift. Rhino lined tub. Allied Rock 8 beadlocks. Tera-Low 4:1. Sanden OBA. Sniperfab tube fenders.

My Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m.../#post12717920
stogie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
BFabsTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

Smittybilt rear tj tubes on a yj. Be prepared to do some work to any smittybilt product to clean it up and establish integrity. I can take lots more pics if you're interested.
Thanks man they look great and ya the front ones were a pia one had to be bent just to bolt up right and came pretty wrecked already. How bad was the install cant be too much? Harderst part has to be rippin the old flares off
Unread 01-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #6
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

They'll bolt right up to your tj. I had to do some cutting to make the tires fit on my yj. That's the pic with the vise grips holding it on!
Unread 01-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #7
BFabsTJ

Quote:
They'll bolt right up to your tj. I had to do some cutting to make the tires fit on my yj. That's the pic with the vise grips holding it on!
Ohh makes sense now i see. Looks good man il prob do mine at work next sunday il let u knw how it goes. Thanks again
Unread 01-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #8
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Don't forget to prep them well. Any smittybilt product is just a starting point. Like any used product they're probably in need of some welding and definitely paint.
Unread 01-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #9
BFabsTJ

Quote:
Don't forget to prep them well. Any smittybilt product is just a starting point. Like any used product they're probably in need of some welding and definitely paint.
I didnt even think to paint them idk i kinda like the texture and color and was planing on doing it when i abused em a little. Also too cold to get much painting done now anyway i only work sundays so thts the only time its in the garage. I wouldnt even call it work i pump gas and mess around w my jeep all day lol
Unread 01-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #10
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Nine times out of ten the finish is iron oxide from the long boat ride from China. The statistics are based on the five smittybilt products I own. Four of them needed sanding, painting and welding. One only needed a minor paint touch up.
Unread 01-16-2012, 05:24 AM   #11
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #12
BFabsTJ

Quote:
Nine times out of ten the finish is iron oxide from the long boat ride from China. The statistics are based on the five smittybilt products I own. Four of them needed sanding, painting and welding. One only needed a minor paint touch up.
Sorry if i sound stupid did yours come black finished? Mine is a textured black and i had no problems as it came just one spot where i hit it on accident along the ground chipped away no other problems. The front are already on and i dont feel like taking them off to paint do you think original finish will be ok?
Unread 01-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #13
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Whatever you're comfortable with, it's your jeep.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.