rear tire carriers - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > rear tire carriers

Introducing the Quart Crate...JK Front Axle TrussPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 09-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #46
TRLWGN1
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Thats a nice Jeep you have!! Is that a tub & bumper mount tire carrier?
the Hansen mounts to the bumper and has a support and the latch on the tub (my buddy has one on his)

They are nice. The thing I like best about his Hansen is the latch mechanism. Very slick and easy to opperate.

which is probably the biggest gripe I have with my Smittybuilt. I have to push in on the carrier to be able to lift the latch, as I had to spacer out the rubber bumper to tighten it up so it didn't rattle.

TRLWGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 12:06 PM   #47
redrubicon11
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop02x View Post
Here are the pictures I promised! These shouldn't leave much to the imagination in getting a feel for what these are really like. Sorry I didn't get them up sooner for you.

Three studs to mount spare on

Spindle

Latch

Shackle mount

Where it mounts into the rear frame rail (it is like this on both sides)

Also mounts on the bottom side of your frame like the stock bumper does

Frame tie in kit again

Backside of recessed hitch

Spare tire mount (this is what you can flip/rotate to lower or raise your spare)

Inside view of the receiver and mount

I think that's all of them. If there something else you want to see or have any questions then just let me know and I'll do my best for you!

Hope all is well!
did you have to do anything with the gas tank?
redrubicon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2011, 11:59 PM   #48
mediumdaddy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

This is the Rampage Rock Rage carrier i just bought. is it the best out there? no. will it work for me? absolutely - i've no plans on anything bigger than a 33 until i can find an affordable d44. seems pretty solid so far, and for the price i paid, cant be beat. just need to come up with some sort of frame tie ins now.

Utah Jeepcrew #63
mediumdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 12:50 AM   #49
kphimself
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I got the OR-Fab and I love it. Its not a bumper mount but the mounting brackets really beef up the rear corners. It has a mounting bracket on each side for your CB ant, the hight lift and 2 jerry cans. Its super easy to get the spare tire off and on.
rearbumper.jpg   rearbumper2.jpg  
kphimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #50
redrubicon11
2005 TJ Wrangler 

does anyone use the olympic xtreme duty spare tire mount?
redrubicon11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.