Raw Aluminum Armor on Silver Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Raw Aluminum Armor on Silver Jeep

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 10-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
harrell79cj5
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Raw Aluminum Armor on Silver Jeep

Anybody have raw aluminum corner armor on a silver Jeep? Just wanting to see how the color would look together.

Unread 10-16-2012, 06:09 AM   #2
harrell79cj5
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nobody?
Unread 10-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #3
BobA
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Buy me the armor and I'll put it on my green jeep to get a pic.

77 DJ5
Soon to be streetrod
BobA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #4
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I was wanting to see this as well, before I got armor, bet it looks sick. But I now have all black armor/fenders, since I score a good deal.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
NJHCx4xLIFE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm curious too as I am putting aluminum tube fenders and rear corners on my silver Rubi and would rather not deal with painting the aluminum. I know raw aluminum looks great on darker colors and black armor looks great on silver. I'm just not sure if the raw aluminum will be too close to the silver paint color resulting is a look that just looks like poorly matched paint.
NJHCx4xLIFE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #6
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Second post here. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/l...armor-1017755/

You might PM Apex for more photos.
Unread 10-22-2012, 07:32 AM   #7
harrell79cj5
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
Second post here. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/l...armor-1017755/

You might PM Apex for more photos.
Thanks! I sent him a PM seeing if he had pictures before polishing as well. Your thread is actually another similar question I had... If you leave them raw colored do most people put a clearcoat or something on them to keep them from oxidizing?
Unread 10-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #8
harrell79cj5
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJHCx4xLIFE View Post
I'm curious too as I am putting aluminum tube fenders and rear corners on my silver Rubi and would rather not deal with painting the aluminum. I know raw aluminum looks great on darker colors and black armor looks great on silver. I'm just not sure if the raw aluminum will be too close to the silver paint color resulting is a look that just looks like poorly matched paint.
That is kinda where I am coming from too (I have a silver Rubi too). I just don't think I would want that much black on mine, so it's kind of my whole reason for going this way. If I paint them, I will likely order my paint color paint to spray them. I love the black and silver contrast such as rockers, flares, etc, but thinking the tube fenders and armor might be more than I want.
Unread 10-22-2012, 08:08 AM   #9
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I know you've prob seen many of silver/black, but here's mine for reference, and it's really grown on me, as I had origianlly wanted to color match the silver for the corners/hylines, but didn't have the patience at the time..

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
Unread 10-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #10
harrell79cj5
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
I was wanting to see this as well, before I got armor, bet it looks sick. But I now have all black armor/fenders, since I score a good deal.
Your's looks good with the black! I will just have to decide. I still have some time though, because it wont happen real soon...
Unread 10-22-2012, 08:49 AM   #11
harrell79cj5
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
I know you've prob seen many of silver/black, but here's mine for reference, and it's really grown on me, as I had origianlly wanted to color match the silver for the corners/hylines, but didn't have the patience at the time..
Looks great! I know what you mean about patience. I sometimes have to do things twice because of that...

One of the things I like about the black is ease of touch up!
Unread 10-22-2012, 09:19 AM   #12
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrell79cj5 View Post
Thanks! I sent him a PM seeing if he had pictures before polishing as well. Your thread is actually another similar question I had... If you leave them raw colored do most people put a clearcoat or something on them to keep them from oxidizing?
He's a good guy, if he gets on here still, he will hook you up. It's been over two years since I put mine on. I left them raw. I have polished them twice in that time, and they still look great. I have lots of rain here, but no road salt.

Latest photo, looks like I will be getting a set of blanks to cut new wheel wells.

Unread 10-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #13
harrell79cj5
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
He's a good guy, if he gets on here still, he will hook you up. It's been over two years since I put mine on. I left them raw. I have polished them twice in that time, and they still look great. I have lots of rain here, but no road salt.

Latest photo, looks like I will be getting a set of blanks to cut new wheel wells.

Thanks! Yeah, that opening doesnt line up so good anymore!
Unread 10-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #14
harrell79cj5
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Apex, sent me a message saying I could check his build thread and did find some! Hopefully he wont mind me posting them here.
alum-armor-silver.jpg   alum-armor-silver2.jpg   alum-armor-silver3.jpg  
Unread 10-22-2012, 02:01 PM   #15
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I think with the whole package (corners, sliders, and fenders) it would look good, as it would flow together nicely. Maybe even one of the hood louvers too?

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.