rare jeeps - Page 6 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 235 Old 03-22-2010, 12:48 PM
XJAbuzer
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Nice postal. Do you still have the hard top?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1979 CJ-5 304 V-8, T-150 3 speed, Dana 20, Dana 30 front, AMC 20 rear, Sold

Anyways, I wanna go wheelin'!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 235 Old 03-22-2010, 12:51 PM
bigwalton
1984 CJ8 

Yep, but since I moved to MI, I don't drive it in winter, so I don't bother with putting the top back on each year like I used to. I did manage to give it a couple of nice tree love taps with some winter wheeling back in NC though

'84 Alaskan Postal CJ-8 on 35s with a bunch of stuff
'05 LJ Rubicon with some stuff
'08 JK Unlimited with almost no stuff
'77 Cherokee with old and new stuff
post #78 of 235 Old 03-22-2010, 01:00 PM
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwalton View Post
I'm not the cool guy anywhere. Notice the smiley? I was just giving you crap man, no worries.

I wondered about a USPS look, but the body was in such shape that there was no point in painting it and frankly I didn't care enough to bother. I am more about having fun with it and knew my time to mess around would be limited and getting into anything too big would have taken forever. With no welding skills, fixing the body up would have been a long, slow, painful learning process. I didn't see the point in doing it up like a mail Jeep if it wasn't a nice paint job, otherwise it would look hack (well, more hack than doing what I did anyway).
Miscommunication. I apologize.

Yea I love a good CJ-8, I just saw the one that was totally redone and sort of mentally put it on your chassis and I smiled

Looks good regardless.

Silver 02 TJ Apex Edition. SOLD

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.

post #79 of 235 Old 03-22-2010, 01:20 PM
bigwalton
1984 CJ8 

Thanks. At one point, I printed out a big USPS logo and stuck it on the door, just to see... should have taken a picture.

'84 Alaskan Postal CJ-8 on 35s with a bunch of stuff
'05 LJ Rubicon with some stuff
'08 JK Unlimited with almost no stuff
'77 Cherokee with old and new stuff
post #80 of 235 Old 03-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Montanagirl
2002 TJ Wrangler 

This was parking in my office parking lot one morning.
post #81 of 235 Old 03-22-2010, 06:17 PM
skeeterbeater
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepskater433 View Post
My old 79 Cherokee
i know where one of these is in a junk yard. they won't sell any of their cars tho

its not the biggest baddest rig on the trail, but i beat the hell out of it and have a good time.
post #82 of 235 Old 03-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Bionicrooster
2010 JK Wrangler 

I really miss my CJ8 :-(

Any way the cj 8 overlander was cool but not sold in america:

And of course the cj4 is the rarest ever made, only one was ever made:

post #83 of 235 Old 04-18-2010, 05:12 PM
spookpaint

Evil Icecream truck lol

Been trying on and off to buy this thing for about 6 years now. From this old guy in his 80s at least. I'm sure its a fleetvan but haven't seen one exactly like it anywhere on the internet. If I buy it I want to give it an evil icecream motif and make it my daily driver. I have no idea what its worth but the guys price is a little steep for what I want it for.
post #84 of 235 Old 04-20-2010, 01:53 PM
likeaspyder
1998 TJ Wrangler 

found these from the site with the cool Jeep Tour red thing.
post #85 of 235 Old 04-20-2010, 01:54 PM
likeaspyder
1998 TJ Wrangler 

These looked cool
post #86 of 235 Old 04-20-2010, 07:30 PM
mtnjeepers
2006 LJ Wrangler 

41 ford gp some day ill get to work on it
post #87 of 235 Old 04-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Chuckwagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Need some help...

I remember seeing a HUGE concept Jeep, but I can't remember what it was called. It wasn't the Lower Forty. I've tried Googling about a thousand different things to no avail. I want to say it was the Hercules or something like that.

Once upon a time, there was a Bear and a Bee who lived in a wood and were the best of friends. All summer long, the Bee collected nectar from morning to night while the Bear lay on his back basking in the long grass. When winter came the Bear realised he had nothing to eat and thought to himself "I hope that busy little Bee will share some of his honey with me." But the Bee was nowhere to be found - he had died of a stress induced coronary disease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep-kuwait View Post
What do you do for me so I just wanted to show you my car Kuwait with the group and thank you for your responses which would break the oars of hope
post #88 of 235 Old 04-20-2010, 09:58 PM
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckwagon View Post
Need some help...

I remember seeing a HUGE concept Jeep, but I can't remember what it was called. It wasn't the Lower Forty. I've tried Googling about a thousand different things to no avail. I want to say it was the Hercules or something like that.
Was it the Jeep Hurricane?

On a side note, how do you guys post a picture without hosting it in a site such as Photobucket? I found a picture of this Jeep but didn't know if there was a way to show it without putting in it in Photobucket.

2004 Wrangler X, 6-cylinder, 5-speed, Dana 30 w/ARB, Alloy USA front shafts, Dana 35, 2" BB, 1" BL, OME shocks, Brown Dog MML, UCF Ultra High-Clearance Skid, Lo-Pro Mount, SYE, Pro Comp Adj. Control Arms, Savvy Gas Tank skid, JKS Quick Disconnects, Rock Hard Sliders, 31" BF Goodrich KM2's on Ravine wheels, Hard Top, Bestop Soft-top, Bestop Safari Top

2010 Moab Trip Thread with JeepForum Members

Dont hate on the guy that keeps his Jeep clean....
Hate on the guy that doesn't get his Jeep dirty....
post #89 of 235 Old 04-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Chuckwagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mox View Post
Was it the Jeep Hurricane?

On a side note, how do you guys post a picture without hosting it in a site such as Photobucket? I found a picture of this Jeep but didn't know if there was a way to show it without putting in it in Photobucket.
No...

Right click on the image then click "Copy image URL" (Google Chrome). If you don't have that, right click the image, go to "properties", then highlight and copy the URL (make sure you start highlighting from the top-left corner of the URL and go all the way down. Sometimes the link is too long to display in the two lines given).

Then click the little button with the mountain in the editing box and paste the URL there.

Once upon a time, there was a Bear and a Bee who lived in a wood and were the best of friends. All summer long, the Bee collected nectar from morning to night while the Bear lay on his back basking in the long grass. When winter came the Bear realised he had nothing to eat and thought to himself "I hope that busy little Bee will share some of his honey with me." But the Bee was nowhere to be found - he had died of a stress induced coronary disease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep-kuwait View Post
What do you do for me so I just wanted to show you my car Kuwait with the group and thank you for your responses which would break the oars of hope
post #90 of 235 Old 05-20-2010, 08:18 PM
jeepin-gheenoe
2005 LJ Wrangler 

heres a few pictures of my 2005 Unlimited LJ. i kinda find it to be a rare find because it has the fenders matching the body color like a sahara! but its not a sahara it was made in the time when jeep got ride of the sahara modle from the wrangler line up. My jeep also has silver trimed interior (sorry no pictures of that). Ive only seen 2 other LJ's on the road and about 5 on here with color matching body/fenders.

it may not be considered rare by yalls standards though...

but to me it is!

2005 Wrangler LJ (patriot blue with matching body&fenders like a sahara), auto, D44 rear Limited Slip Diff, D30front open, 3.73, 1 1/2inch RC spacer lift, K&N CAI, 31/10.50 kelly safari tsr A/T's, custom grill guard, warn 3700 winch, 5" KC Apollo long range lights, 1500watt SSL amp pushing a 12 inch kicker CRV sub, Flowmaster 40seriers muffler with custom side exit crome tip and lots of CROME!

Have an LJ and need a hard top...clicky here!

Check out my Jeep and my Gheenoe in
actoin on my youtube Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTJ View Post
While we're at it lets sue the pants off 'em for ever considering using the dana 35!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJorange View Post
Your Jeep is a real work horse man! Seems like ive seen at least one picture of it on every page of this forum.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.