Please post your non stock third brake light/license light set up - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Please post your non stock third brake light/license light set up

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 07-20-2006, 05:47 PM   #1
BlueJeepRME
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Please post your non stock third brake light/license light set up

I am still looking for options for my third brake light. I'd like to see what you guys have done to yours. I am planning on mounting it without a tire carrier of any sort on the back, but I would like to see what you all have used tire carrier or not. Thanks.

BlueJeepRME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2006, 07:40 PM   #2
supaasianpdjr
2008 JK Wrangler 

Here what I did, just modified the stock light and mounted it to my rack.

supaasianpdjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2006, 03:05 PM   #3
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

I'm using the ORO License plate light (the third brake light is in there) paired with a Rock Hard 4x4 relocation bracket (same setup that 4x4xplor used)...

Unread 07-21-2006, 05:06 PM   #4
BlueJeepRME
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Simon...I am having trouble deciding between that ORO set up and the LED lights that MrClifford runs.

Regardless which I choose I will be installing it directly to the tailgate.

Were you able to still use the button connectors to run that brake light/license light? Or did you have to wire to the rear brake light?

Hrm...I just notice you have a YJ. I don't even know if they have the same kind of connectors on the tailgate
BlueJeepRME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2006, 07:11 PM   #5
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

When I had first installed the lights prior to having my carrier, I wired it up to that. Now that I have my carrier, I took the wires that were on those button connectors and wired it just into them.

Should work either way...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.