Please post your non stock third brake light/license light set up - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Please post your non stock third brake light/license light set up

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 07-20-2006, 04:47 PM   #1
BlueJeepRME
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Please post your non stock third brake light/license light set up

I am still looking for options for my third brake light. I'd like to see what you guys have done to yours. I am planning on mounting it without a tire carrier of any sort on the back, but I would like to see what you all have used tire carrier or not. Thanks.

BlueJeepRME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2006, 06:40 PM   #2
supaasianpdjr
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Here what I did, just modified the stock light and mounted it to my rack.

supaasianpdjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2006, 02:05 PM   #3
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

I'm using the ORO License plate light (the third brake light is in there) paired with a Rock Hard 4x4 relocation bracket (same setup that 4x4xplor used)...

Unread 07-21-2006, 04:06 PM   #4
BlueJeepRME
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Simon...I am having trouble deciding between that ORO set up and the LED lights that MrClifford runs.

Regardless which I choose I will be installing it directly to the tailgate.

Were you able to still use the button connectors to run that brake light/license light? Or did you have to wire to the rear brake light?

Hrm...I just notice you have a YJ. I don't even know if they have the same kind of connectors on the tailgate
BlueJeepRME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2006, 06:11 PM   #5
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

When I had first installed the lights prior to having my carrier, I wired it up to that. Now that I have my carrier, I took the wires that were on those button connectors and wired it just into them.

Should work either way...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.