Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

pictures of your Jeep in action!

16K views 93 replies 52 participants last post by  batty505 
#1 ·
At the Cliffs Insane Terrain this weekend. Took most pics before it and I got to muddy to handle the phone!:cheers2:
Plant Plant community Tire Ecoregion Motor vehicle

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive carrying rack

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

See less See more
#11 ·
Just guessing,

Calico

Cougar buttes

Maybe Big Bear on the gold mountain section, Jacoby. Tough one, could be Goler area out in the deep desert.

Nice pics!

#9 ·
Mud!!

Im Jealous of all you guys that get to wheel on rocks. All we have out here is mud. Might be time for a road trip. Around here half day of wheeling = half a day with the power washer. Unless your my buddy Fred, this is his Dodge Ram "Dirty Sanchez" over 200,000 miles and I don't think its ever been washed. He claims the dirt holds it together and he leaves it outside so the rain knocks off the worst of it! It ain't pretty but with huge tires, lincoln lockers and bead locks it don't get stuck either! Good thing he runs like 5 psi because he drove over my foot the last time we went out!

Attachments

#10 ·
Not my Jeep, but then, I am the photographer so when I'm doing this no one else seems to be taking photos.

Attachments

Reactions: grogie
#14 ·
I have never done Mottino wash, looks like a fun run. I googled it and it looks like the back side of Gold Mtn. Is it easier to get to from the back, ie 247?

Love the so cal desert!

#20 ·
Panamint is a fun place, kinda strange at times but lots of stuff to see.

Awesome pics you get from your trails!

WSS

#21 ·
Badlands Attica Indiana

These are from this weekend.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

TEK this is for you!

This was deeper than I thought but my buddy mark hopped in and hooked up the winch so I didn't have to open the door. Got about 4" of water inside anyways. I've been meaning to rip out the copper and rhino line so I wound up cutting a hole in it to find the drain plugs.

Water Land vehicle Plant Car Plant community

Clothing Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire

#23 ·
Great stuff Guys! Its on my bucket list to go back and wheel some of those areas in West where it all started for me as a kid with my Pops in the High Mojave Deserts of So Cal some 40 years ago. At least I can say that I was proud to carry on the tradition of Jeeping/ wheeling from my Father to both my Sons. No matter where I lived.
Here is my 5.9 1998 Jeep ZJ in March 2015 in NE PA Rausch Creek off road park. FROG HOLE.

#25 ·
Yes!!!!!! and No :mad: I had to resort to Winching. The Ice was piled up so High I just would not move any more until I backed up and my boys pulled out some Hugh slabs of Ice that wanted to punch holes in my oil pan. I had my snatch block working with my 9500 and the ice still stopped me dead in my tracks . I am pretty sure I was first to break the ice up on the exit side of frog hole early this season. as far as i could tell by the thickness of the solid ICE i broke threw, adding the fact it was just starting to warm above 32 after a long deep freeze winter. any thinker and no one would break threw the Ice.
I can say with reasonable certainty, that with No ice and I would have made it with out winching. Frog hole has an amazingly good track record of ending ones wheeling plans for the day or longer, As advertised on a sign with a picture of a submerged TJ. posted for all to see when you arrive at the hole. I am going to push the I Believe button and say it was the ICE factor that got me. Water I can handle. I pretty much water proofed the motor/transmission/T-case and Axles the best you can. However, My amp under my rear seat did not seem to like being under water. So I did not escape un damaged. Frog Hole claims more of my stuff, again. :cheers2:

#28 ·
1st 2 and the last are from Rausch Creek (Summer '14).. the 3rd and 4th are from the Pine Barrens (Summer '13).

Attachments

#30 ·
I made it thru 6 or 7 before I flooded the trans and had to be towed back to Hammonton. It was about that same moment that I recalled a thread here on JF about nodding your auto trans to move the breather lines up into the engine bay. Expensive wheeling trip that cost me $600 for a rwbuild. Needless to say I moved that breather... :2thumbsup:

#32 ·

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.