Pics Of Your Other Rides - Page 219 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Pics Of Your Other Rides

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 06-18-2013, 06:20 AM   #3271
JeepJKPA2NC

image-1107223392.jpg

Yes 800 is a stretch this is what I dropped in the caddy

so after shopping around, i ended up with a TVS 1320 based kit at 5psi (for now, an 8 psi pulley is on order), a trifecta custom 3.5 bar operating system and a custom bell intercooler with a bosch water pump

(the supercharger kit manufacturer has requested that i do not disclose who they are until they're ready to make an announcement, although the ECM tuning is done by trifecta with a custom OS, a true 3.5bar OS that also supports E85)

the install was pretty straight forward but did require the front bumper to be removed to install the intercooler, and a lift for a tensioner/belt bracket that replaced of one of the motor mounts with a CNC'd stainless pulley bracket that incorporates the motor mount (better access to the belt tensioner from the bottom)

i've put a few hundred miles onto it already since the install and besides the power increase the supercharger kit installed feels linear and responsive - besides having 110 ft-lbs of torque (wtq) more than stock, and blower whine, the supercharger has been reliable and does not affect either startup, cold start, or the idle quality - if you're not getting on the throttle, the vehicle still retains what the vehicle behaves like as if it were stock (mileage or fuel consumption is comparable to stock, i've actually picked up ~1 MPG highway and i think i've lost ~2 MPG city? been fairly heavy on the gas pedal though)

and yes, those are 20x10 CCW corsair C140's with 285 wide tires

YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

-

image-821847266.jpg  
JeepJKPA2NC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #3272
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJKPA2NC View Post
Yes 800 is a stretch this is what I dropped in the caddy

besides having 110 ft-lbs of torque (wtq) more than stock
Where can I start.

1. The SRX you posted earlier as yours (next to your Jeep) is different than the one in the pictures and the video. See the below picture.

Note the red areas.... now look at your bumper and the fact that your grill is chrome and not black.

2. You're saying you jumped 110lbft of torque, and over 500wh, which seem to be two numbers that don't even remotely begin to correlate with each other. Seriously? How stupid do you think we are?

3. You posted a video from a channel of a group that did the tuning and also doesn't disclose their power numbers, under the claim that the SRX in the video is yours. But if you look closely you can again tell that the paint color is different, it has factory fog lamps as well as the differences noted in the above pictures.

Trying to lie about something stupid isn't going to impress anybody on a forum. I suggest you stop trying, as you're setting fire to any amount of credibility you may've had on the board prior to.

No hard feelings, just pointing out the obvious.
[COLOR="DimGray"]SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #46[/COLOR]
[I][B]Get [/B][/I][B][COLOR="DimGray"][URL="http://www.savvyoffroad.com/"]Savvy.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][I][B][/B][/I]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/SFFCustoms"]SFF Customs[/URL]

[QUOTE=GraKee99;10375372]Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gene Mooneyham]Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-2000-tj-slow-build-very-slow-947018/"]My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build[/URL]
kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #3273
MightyLampshade

1979 CJ7 

The numbers don't make any sense but if you look at the second picture he posted the chrome trim is present. In the one where you highlighted the areas in red it would almost appear as though that is the area below the chrome trim pieces.

I don't believe there was a 500HP and a 110 Torque boost but it could be the same vehicle?
1979 Golden Eagle Rebuild
MightyLampshade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #3274
JeepJKPA2NC

I hate to say but the pic are mine, the red boxes you placed are showing my chrome grill. The chrome is just on the outside. The pic were taken in my garage and lighting from the neons above might be distorting. Sorry to cause any issues I was excited when I finished putting it all together and took it for a spin. Yes everyone is correct and really 800 horsepower...just excited. The video was of an SRX that had the same thing installed a prior post asked for the Dino sheet, I haven't taken it in yet so posted that. The pics are of mine and yes it is fun to drive, my wife loves going to the mall and soccer practice in it.
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #3275
Mikes96XJ88FSB
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I hate to say but the pic are mine, the red boxes you placed are showing my chrome grill. The chrome is just on the outside. The pic were taken in my garage and lighting from the neons above might be distorting. Sorry to cause any issues I was excited when I finished putting it all together and took it for a spin. Yes everyone is correct and really 800 horsepower...just excited. The video was of an SRX that had the same thing installed a prior post asked for the Dino sheet, I haven't taken it in yet so posted that. The pics are of mine and yes it is fun to drive, my wife loves going to the mall and soccer practice in it.
So, Just so we all understand this correctly. You are putting 800whp down...With only 5lbs of boost, an intercooler, and a tuner? Running stock internals, and stock trans and axles? So what your saying is with the 8lb pulley...It'll be near the 950-1000hp mark? This seems far fetched...And that's putting it nicely. Even 500hp is a stretch for such low boost...that alone is almost a 200hp improvement. I concur with the others...Dyno sheet and better pics of the install and vehicle.
Unread 06-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #3276
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyLampshade View Post
In the one where you highlighted the areas in red it would almost appear as though that is the area below the chrome trim pieces.

I wasn't talking about the chrome pieces, but instead referencing a common point that confirms that we're looking at two completely different bumpers. Notice the tow hook doors (which is what I have highlighted in red) in the top picture...

They're between the headlights and the grill, and clearly not below any sort of bumper lip. The entire grill would have to be in frame, as well as most of the lower bumper for those doors to be visible, nevermind the fact that there's only ONE of those tow hook doors on his SRX, and TWO on the one above it.

Now look at the second picture, the one you originally posted as yours (presumably so since it's sitting beside your Jeep.)

Those same tow hook doors are on the lower portion of the bumper.

I don't care if you have death star lasers for lights in your ceiling, the position of those doors isn't going to completely change as a direct result of your lighting. Better fabricate a better story so more people think you're cool.
[I][B]Get [/B][/I][B][COLOR="DimGray"][URL="http://www.savvyoffroad.com/"]Savvy.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][I][B][/B][/I]

[QUOTE=GraKee99;10375372]Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gene Mooneyham]Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-2000-tj-slow-build-very-slow-947018/"]My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build[/URL]
Unread 06-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #3277
JeepJKPA2NC

Ok sarcasm is not coming across I guess?...when i wrote that everyone is correct meaning it doesn't have 800 horsepower, I was like "really"!. Hell no it doesn't have 800 horsepower, and thanks for verifying. just saying I was excited to get it all put back together and took it on a spin to see the difference. I hate to say the pics are of my ride, the square things are for the lights and it squirts windshield washer fluid out. Glad I could make this thread interesting.
Unread 06-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #3278
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ok sarcasm is not coming across I guess?...when i wrote that everyone is correct meaning it doesn't have 800 horsepower, I was like "really"!. Hell no it doesn't have 800 horsepower, and thanks for verifying. just saying I was excited to get it all put back together and took it on a spin to see the difference. I hate to say the pics are of my ride, the square things are for the lights and it squirts windshield washer fluid out. Glad I could make this thread interesting.
Then explain why the "square things" don't exist in the picture of the SRX sitting next to the Jeep.

This is getting so far beyond comical. Comprehension is clearly not your strong point.

Unread 06-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #3279
MightyLampshade

1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboobear View Post

I wasn't talking about the chrome pieces, but instead referencing a common point that confirms that we're looking at two completely different bumpers. Notice the tow hook doors (which is what I have highlighted in red) in the top picture...

They're between the headlights and the grill, and clearly not below any sort of bumper lip. The entire grill would have to be in frame, as well as most of the lower bumper for those doors to be visible, nevermind the fact that there's only ONE of those tow hook doors on his SRX, and TWO on the one above it.

Now look at the second picture, the one you originally posted as yours (presumably so since it's sitting beside your Jeep.)

Those same tow hook doors are on the lower portion of the bumper.

I don't care if you have death star lasers for lights in your ceiling, the position of those doors isn't going to completely change as a direct result of your lighting. Better fabricate a better story so more people think you're cool.
I was focusing on the chrome because in your original post you said

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboobear View Post
SNIP Note the red areas.... now look at your bumper and the fact that your grill is chrome and not black.

SNIP
I still think he's full of unmentionable things that the language filter would block
1979 Golden Eagle Rebuild
MightyLampshade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #3280
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyLampshade View Post
I was focusing on the chrome because in your original post you said

I still think he's full of unmentionable things that the language filter would block
I figured the former bit, so I was just clarifying and thus why I had you attached in the quote Wasn't directing any of it particularly at you though.

As for the latter.... I think you're spot on, brother.

Anyhow, BTT.... even though I posted these ages ago and this car has been sold for well over a year....

Check mate

And yea. She needed a bath (both the TJ and the 360.)

I took this literally just after pulling in the driveway from a 600 mile trip bringing it back to the New Orleans area from Dallas.

Unread 06-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #3281
Navydoc1
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hey my 2000 TJ. 2.5l 5 speed puts out 500hp at the rear wheels!!! Darn it why won't anyone believe me!!!! LMAO!!
Navydoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #3282
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navydoc1 View Post
Hey my 2000 TJ. 2.5l 5 speed puts out 500hp at the rear wheels!!! Darn it why won't anyone believe me!!!! LMAO!!
Hey. Some 2.5s are ridonkulous, bruhh...

Seriously though.... I'm waiting on someone to drop a Subaru boxer 4 to replace the 2.5 in their TJ. My DD currently makes 270 from a 2.5 with a light tune and a catless DP and UP. They're surprisingly power happy motors.

HDR from the Sports Basement parking lot in the Presidio (right across from Crissy field for anyone familiar with the area.)

Unread 06-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #3283
jaidmaster
2012 JK Wrangler 

Ktm 690smc

Still orange and black. LOL
ktm.jpg  
jaidmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #3284
77cj5BEAST
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Current Vehicles: 2007 F250 6.0L Diesel, 2013 BOSS 302 track car, 1974 Bronco, 2012 F150 Raptor, 2003 Cobra

Sold vehicles: Built and Sold my 2006 Red LJ Rubicon (STILL KICKING MYSELF).. So i bought a 2012 Rubicon unlimited and Put some major time/work/money into it.. and sold it b/c i want to go back to the 2006 LJ.. I will be purchasing and building a low mileage LJ Rubicon sometime this fall.. watch for it!

Luke
raptor.jpeg   bronco.jpeg   06-lj-rubicon.jpeg   2012-unlimited-rubicon.jpeg  
77cj5BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 07:47 AM   #3285
77cj5BEAST
2006 LJ Wrangler 

My F250 and Boss 302

Also ordered a 2014 GT500 in deep impact blue in late april.. still waiting on it's arrival!!
f250-boss.jpeg   26705bd65bc4a5f861468778fba3dfc3x.jpg  
77cj5BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.