Pics of Damaged Tailgates/Hinges - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Pics of Damaged Tailgates/Hinges

Flowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country small builder parts in stock!! Awesome price

Unread 02-15-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
shiftclick
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Pics of Damaged Tailgates/Hinges

I'm thinking about doing something stupid to my stock tailgate. I already have a 33" on a steelie on there and half the guys on here talk about damaging the tailgate with too much weight/non-stock spare. Well, before I do the stupid thing i'm thinking about (adding spare tire mounted hi-lift jack holder), i'd like to see some pics. How 'bout also stating how much weight was on there. I googled for pics but came up short. Thanks!

Shifty

I'm currently between Jeeps...
shiftclick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 10:02 PM   #2
fang_x
1998 TJ Wrangler 

This was a mix of an accident / rust / me getting angry at the tail gate and hanging off it with only one hinge attaching it. i weight a good 200 pounds, and the one hinge held on real good, i doubt a 33 and a highlift could damage it worse..

after fixin it
fang_x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jeep , spare , tailgate , tj , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.