Painted rims - Before and After - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Painted rims - Before and After

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDThe NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.com

Unread 01-15-2014, 08:59 PM   #136
Gage56
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

White Jeep Club #302

My Resto/Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-official-build-thread-1992-yj-emma-1494420/

Another YJ Resto
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...81/?highlight=

Sun Visor Fix How To
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...x-how-1607617/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
This is a prime example why people should be give a IQ test before they are allowed to Vote or Breed.
Gage56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014, 07:24 AM   #137
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalsniper View Post
Just painted my wheels. from a Cherocar, but i like the look. Took 4 cans of carb cleaner to get the clear coat off the aluminum and about 5 hours with two people with drills and cup brushes..
but got it done. Used dura-paint self etching primer (black), and then followed up with Dura-paint acrylic engine hitemp black paint for the final. No clear coat as of yet... but they look great, jeep is SO DAMN SEXY. hahah
Just an FYI for future reference....

Buy a can of MEK and it will remove all the clear coat or any paint all the way to the aluminum without damaging the aluminum.

Get a Pair of chemical safe gloves..and some old rags..soak a rag and wipe slowly to let the MEK eat away the coating.

Try not to get any on the tire ,if you do..just wash well and rinse well before continuing.

I've done several this way and sure beats trying to sand all the hard to get areas and much quicker

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 12:17 PM   #138
newman_buddy
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlmachine View Post
How did you painted that ring? I'm looking to do the same but wonder how to acomplish without ruining the black paint of the wheel itself?
If you take all the bolts of the simulated ring and then use masking tape to tape it off. If you start on the edges and start the tape underneath the ring with the sticky side up that should get you going. Just keep taping the edges from underneath and build your way to the center. Once in the center cover up the remaining hole with masking tape sticky side down.

I also did it with the tire on the rim. I took the wheel off the jeep and laid it down and stuck index cards between the rim and tire. It almost looks like a crown coming out of the rim when you are done.
Yellow Jeep Club - #34
LJ Owners - #34

2006 6,742 Unlimited Rubicon's made
newman_buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 01:27 PM   #139
JPGoody
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Cruise Azul

It started with a set of 6 old Eccos that were rotting away in some guys pole barn. This was the best of the lot.

Wasted a bunch of paint, tape, plastic ad time going back and forth with a bunch of different ideas trying to decide what was right, then bam, went with this:

JPGoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 10:14 AM   #140
Walston
2002 KJ Liberty 

Cool thread. I am working through painting my OEM wheels on my 2002 KJ. I will post pics when done. Thanks for posting all the ideas and pics.
Walston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 11:14 AM   #141
JPGoody
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Now with pimp'd center caps.

JPGoody is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.