Painted recessed section of full door - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Painted recessed section of full door

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 10-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
steroidxjohnson
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Painted recessed section of full door

Ive been contemplating the recessed area of my full doors, well plasti dipping them rather in case i dont like it, and i want to see pictures! i havnt had any luck with searching google and what not, tj/yj would work!

Unread 10-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Are u referring to the "door jamb" area?
Unread 10-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
steroidxjohnson
2004 LJ Wrangler 

The area on the outside of the door where the door handle is, how it's sunken on partially
Unread 10-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

http://phoenixgraphix.com/

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 06:21 AM   #5
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

It is a raised sticky.
Unread 10-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #6
steroidxjohnson
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Unread 10-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #7
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

qtec sells them for all models. It was a top of the line factory option (I believe) on later CJs. YJ and TJ just have the indention.
Unread 10-19-2013, 06:46 AM   #8
jeepin1995
1998 TJ Wrangler 

my TJ, I bought a set of hard doors that were black and had the bottom painted to match my jeep, left the top black.

Unread 10-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #9
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Here's my CJ9 with the black full doors and gray recess:

I matched it with the half top.

Jerry
Unread 10-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #10
3X4X4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Mine has a stick on decal that has a textured finish, kind of rubbery feeling. I do not usually go for this sort of thing but the good quality and functionality of it overrides my usual dislike of stick on stuff. I really like mine. And it matches the tops of my front fenders that I used a bed liner on. I also bought the pieces for the windshield and they do protect from branches and road debris.

2006 TJ Rubicon, Custom 4 inch lift with Currie Arms, TF springs, RS9000 shocks, TF High Steer Kit, TF ST Dual rate anti-rock, TF front track bar, Yellow Box speedo correction, Black Rock 15X10 Streetlock wheels with BFG AT 33X15X12.5 tires, Line-X tub, Bed Rug carpet, Tom Woods shaft, Spidershade, Savvy corner and rocker armor, Exogate.
3X4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #11
steroidxjohnson
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3X4X4 View Post
Mine has a stick on decal that has a textured finish, kind of rubbery feeling. I do not usually go for this sort of thing but the good quality and functionality of it overrides my usual dislike of stick on stuff. I really like mine. And it matches the tops of my front fenders that I used a bed liner on. I also bought the pieces for the windshield and they do protect from branches and road debris.
i dig the grey, i wish my top was that color but you know, it wouldnt look so well with yellow ;[
Unread 10-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #12
3X4X4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steroidxjohnson View Post
i dig the grey, i wish my top was that color but you know, it wouldnt look so well with yellow ;[
The door decal is really black, just the texture reflects light funny making it appear gray sometimes. For example, my corner armor and my rocker armor are the same color black, common universal jet black, but the rocker armor is textured and the corner armor is gloss.

I think my top is weathered to a color that reminds me of black Levis washed and worn heavily.
2006 TJ Rubicon, Custom 4 inch lift with Currie Arms, TF springs, RS9000 shocks, TF High Steer Kit, TF ST Dual rate anti-rock, TF front track bar, Yellow Box speedo correction, Black Rock 15X10 Streetlock wheels with BFG AT 33X15X12.5 tires, Line-X tub, Bed Rug carpet, Tom Woods shaft, Spidershade, Savvy corner and rocker armor, Exogate.
3X4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.