Orange (or black) Spider Web Shade pics - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 Old 08-03-2014, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
Yesfan70
Registered User
 
Yesfan70's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the South Side of the Sky
Posts: 1,809
Orange (or black) Spider Web Shade pics

I just bought a '05 Rubicon and I'm more than likely going to add one of these tops. The Jeep's color is impact orange and I see they have orange tops for one of their color choices. Anyone have any orange Jeeps with the orange tops? I'm curious to see how that looks. Thanks.


2004 Jeep WJ
2005 Jeep TJ
Only in a Jeep
Yesfan70 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 33 Old 08-03-2014, 10:25 AM
lumpster
Web Wheeler
 
lumpster's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kansas City MO
Posts: 4,732
Garage
Let's see the jeep!
lumpster is offline  
post #3 of 33 Old 08-03-2014, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Yesfan70
Registered User
 
Yesfan70's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the South Side of the Sky
Posts: 1,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
Let's see the jeep!
Ok, but I don't have the shade on it yet....Looking to see if anyone has this same color and running the orange shades from SpiderWeb.




It's just a stocker for now.

2004 Jeep WJ
2005 Jeep TJ
Only in a Jeep
Yesfan70 is offline  
post #4 of 33 Old 08-04-2014, 07:53 PM
lumpster
Web Wheeler
 
lumpster's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kansas City MO
Posts: 4,732
Garage
Nice! I'm trying to talk myself into this overpriced jeep. $24k with 47k miles, auto, dual tops. It's just hard to think $24k for an 8 year old jeep!
Attached Images
 
lumpster is offline  
post #5 of 33 Old 08-05-2014, 09:29 AM
dayriesw
Web Wheeler
 
dayriesw's Avatar
1987 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 6,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
Nice! I'm trying to talk myself into this overpriced jeep. $24k with 47k miles, auto, dual tops. It's just hard to think $24k for an 8 year old jeep!
That is low mileage and great looking but that price is about 6-8k over what I would even consider for that beautiful LJ. Sometimes low mileage isnt good.

06 WK 5.7 Hemi Overland - Daily
87 MJ Chief 57k original miles... getting built in the backyard. 37s, waggy axles, D300, 6 speed, etc.

Gone - 05 LJ on 37s, 79 FSJ Chief on 38s, 85 CJ-7 on 31s
dayriesw is offline  
post #6 of 33 Old 08-05-2014, 12:20 PM
lumpster
Web Wheeler
 
lumpster's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kansas City MO
Posts: 4,732
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
That is low mileage and great looking but that price is about 6-8k over what I would even consider for that beautiful LJ. Sometimes low mileage isnt good.
Problem is, I can't find any other impact orange unlimited rubicons for sale,
lumpster is offline  
post #7 of 33 Old 08-05-2014, 12:23 PM
dayriesw
Web Wheeler
 
dayriesw's Avatar
1987 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 6,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
Problem is, I can't find any other impact orange unlimited rubicons for sale,
rare breed

06 WK 5.7 Hemi Overland - Daily
87 MJ Chief 57k original miles... getting built in the backyard. 37s, waggy axles, D300, 6 speed, etc.

Gone - 05 LJ on 37s, 79 FSJ Chief on 38s, 85 CJ-7 on 31s
dayriesw is offline  
post #8 of 33 Old 08-07-2014, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Yesfan70
Registered User
 
Yesfan70's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the South Side of the Sky
Posts: 1,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
That is low mileage and great looking but that price is about 6-8k over what I would even consider for that beautiful LJ. Sometimes low mileage isnt good.


Some of the ones I've seen are more than what I paid for my Rubi....about 15-20K for an average mileage TJ. I looked at a LJ at the Jeep Place in Cartersville GA and some of those averaged about 20-23K


I paid 17K for mine. It has 66K miles on it. I wasn't thrilled at that price but don't feel I overpaid (too much) either. The dealer told me I have a power train warranty that's good for 100K miles. I did ask how many years is that good for as I don't put a lot of miles on my vehicles. He told me it was mileage based. Doesn't matter if it takes me another 9 years to hit 100k, I'm covered on the power train (minus axles) until then.

I think 24k is a bit high, but doesn't hurt to ask how much they would come down. I wasn't expecting to buy mine truth be told.

2004 Jeep WJ
2005 Jeep TJ
Only in a Jeep
Yesfan70 is offline  
post #9 of 33 Old 08-07-2014, 08:04 PM
lumpster
Web Wheeler
 
lumpster's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kansas City MO
Posts: 4,732
Garage
They are not negotiable, 24k is the price. I found an 05 lj rubi, orange in New Orleans for 21k. 39k miles, hard top, re lift, 33 Bfg at's, seat covers, after market flares, banks cai, in great shape. 6 speed, I think I'm going next Friday to drive it home
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
lumpster is offline  
post #10 of 33 Old 08-08-2014, 09:03 AM
dayriesw
Web Wheeler
 
dayriesw's Avatar
1987 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 6,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesfan70 View Post
Some of the ones I've seen are more than what I paid for my Rubi....about 15-20K for an average mileage TJ. I looked at a LJ at the Jeep Place in Cartersville GA and some of those averaged about 20-23K


I paid 17K for mine. It has 66K miles on it. I wasn't thrilled at that price but don't feel I overpaid (too much) either. The dealer told me I have a power train warranty that's good for 100K miles. I did ask how many years is that good for as I don't put a lot of miles on my vehicles. He told me it was mileage based. Doesn't matter if it takes me another 9 years to hit 100k, I'm covered on the power train (minus axles) until then.

I think 24k is a bit high, but doesn't hurt to ask how much they would come down. I wasn't expecting to buy mine truth be told.
I never heard of this warranty and have only heard of one warranty that is transferable just by owning the vehicle - emission warranty which is 80k or 8 years which ever comes first. Get the warranty in writing. Other than that, the price of yours in what I paid for mine with a bunch of mods, 35s and 50k on the clock 4 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
They are not negotiable, 24k is the price. I found an 05 lj rubi, orange in New Orleans for 21k. 39k miles, hard top, re lift, 33 Bfg at's, seat covers, after market flares, banks cai, in great shape. 6 speed, I think I'm going next Friday to drive it home
I am 3 hours north of New Orleans. Check your route, if you come thru Alexandria PM me and we will have a day beer or something.

06 WK 5.7 Hemi Overland - Daily
87 MJ Chief 57k original miles... getting built in the backyard. 37s, waggy axles, D300, 6 speed, etc.

Gone - 05 LJ on 37s, 79 FSJ Chief on 38s, 85 CJ-7 on 31s
dayriesw is offline  
post #11 of 33 Old 08-08-2014, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Yesfan70
Registered User
 
Yesfan70's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the South Side of the Sky
Posts: 1,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
I never heard of this warranty and have only heard of one warranty that is transferable just by owning the vehicle - emission warranty which is 80k or 8 years which ever comes first. Get the warranty in writing. Other than that, the price of yours in what I paid for mine with a bunch of mods, 35s and 50k on the clock 4 years ago...........

Oh, definitely. I think mine is more dealer specific and not like the 7year/70k miles power train warranty that was offered by the manufacturer.


Nice LJ by the way.

2004 Jeep WJ
2005 Jeep TJ
Only in a Jeep
Yesfan70 is offline  
post #12 of 33 Old 08-08-2014, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Yesfan70
Registered User
 
Yesfan70's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the South Side of the Sky
Posts: 1,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
They are not negotiable, 24k is the price. I found an 05 lj rubi, orange in New Orleans for 21k. 39k miles, hard top, re lift, 33 Bfg at's, seat covers, after market flares, banks cai, in great shape. 6 speed, I think I'm going next Friday to drive it home


Best of luck. Hope it's the Jeep you're looking for.

2004 Jeep WJ
2005 Jeep TJ
Only in a Jeep
Yesfan70 is offline  
post #13 of 33 Old 08-08-2014, 04:12 PM
lumpster
Web Wheeler
 
lumpster's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kansas City MO
Posts: 4,732
Garage
Sorry, I feel like I de-railed your thread!


I would stick to black myself, I think it may be too much orange with the top on if you leave it installed all year round
lumpster is offline  
post #14 of 33 Old 08-08-2014, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Yesfan70
Registered User
 
Yesfan70's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the South Side of the Sky
Posts: 1,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
Sorry, I feel like I de-railed your thread!


I would stick to black myself, I think it may be too much orange with the top on if you leave it installed all year round

Eh, don't worry about it. I ordered the black one a couple of days ago, just forgot to mention it in the last couple of replies. I kept thinking orange may be too much, but wanted to start a thread anyways in case someone is running the orange on theirs.


I was hoping to find one with the jolly roger on it (my kid loves pirates), but that one (VDP?) requires you taking on/off the soft top. Maybe Spiderweb will consider doing different designs now that I've bought the solid black one. LOL!

2004 Jeep WJ
2005 Jeep TJ
Only in a Jeep
Yesfan70 is offline  
post #15 of 33 Old 08-08-2014, 06:32 PM
lumpster
Web Wheeler
 
lumpster's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kansas City MO
Posts: 4,732
Garage
Post your thoughts on it, I'll be ordering one soon!
lumpster is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome