No flares - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > No flares

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 09-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
10jkMOUNTAIN
2010 JK Wrangler 

No flares

Hey guys, so the other day on the highway I caught a glimps of a jku running no flares, wondering if anyone else has done this. If so could ya post some pics. I really liked the look and was thinkin bout doing this, but just wanna get a better look before I dive in

Thanks ahead of time

10jkMOUNTAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
Pete3
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I run my TJ flareless with a 7inch overall lift on 35's, it looks saweet! on JK's too, but i just got a ticket for being mudflapless and here in CA the tire can only stick out up to 3.75 inches if I'm right. so keep that in mind, I'm at 8 inches out or so, so they can ticket you. Its a good idea to keep your fenders just in case, but i say go for it!
(if a rock comes from your exposed tire to anothers window and you have no fenders you are at fault.)

-in winter alot of water and mud will be slung so put em back on then
Pete3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 07:09 PM   #3
10jkMOUNTAIN
2010 JK Wrangler 

yea i kinda figured there'd be a law about it, but here i north ga i dont think the cops are all that heavy on it, considering all the mud trucks i see on the road lol. come to think of it all i ever see pulled over are crotchrockets and sportscars lol so i think im safe. Pete3 would you happen to have any up close pics of your tj? and anybody else with a jk without flares would be awesome!!
Unread 09-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #4
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete3 View Post
I run my TJ flareless with a 7inch overall lift on 35's, it looks saweet! on JK's too, but i just got a ticket for being mudflapless and here in CA the tire can only stick out up to 3.75 inches if I'm right. so keep that in mind, I'm at 8 inches out or so, so they can ticket you. Its a good idea to keep your fenders just in case, but i say go for it!
(if a rock comes from your exposed tire to anothers window and you have no fenders you are at fault.)

-in winter alot of water and mud will be slung so put em back on then
Send me your old tj flares! I need some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2012, 12:19 AM   #5
Pete3
1999 TJ Wrangler 

That's flareless. I just started working on getting some flares in it for the winter though, hah. But I would honestly hold off removing them till u have a replacement set or till winter has passed. Mud gets flung yo. And I have no stock fenders. Only some superwide 6 inch flares,
image-2909566609.jpg   image-3073546984.jpg  
Pete3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #6
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Racer

2000 TJ Wrangler 

No flares:

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #7
10jkMOUNTAIN
2010 JK Wrangler 

those are some sweet looking TJs, i love the flareless look but would still like to see some JKs without'em

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.