nicest rig you have ever seen - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > nicest rig you have ever seen

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-22-2010, 10:10 AM   #46
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy View Post
thats not a jeep............
actually to me it loooks like it started out as a jeep.. got fully tubed then the tub got ditched and portal axles went all haywire and an engineer just went nuts to see what he could do for flex..Brilliant idea...sort of... still running the 4.0 it looks like from what I can see of the engine..

That 4 wheel steer jeep where did you take that pic? Pretty sure that's in cali..

Nicest jeep I've seen is Geralds I don't have a picture but I'll take one and post it up.. Just from the raw capability of it.. Seeing that jeep up close just demands respect.

2002 Apex Jeep TJ Lifted, Locked, geared and ready for more
ocTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 10:20 AM   #47
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocTJ View Post
actually to me it loooks like it started out as a jeep.. got fully tubed then the tub got ditched and portal axles went all haywire and an engineer just went nuts to see what he could do for flex..Brilliant idea...sort of... still running the 4.0 it looks like from what I can see of the engine
its not a jeep....... we can argue all day but its not. crazy rig, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 10:21 AM   #48
Rabagia
2008 JK Wrangler 

1980 Cherokee Chief

My favorite rig...

Rabagia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 11:03 AM   #49
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

A freak named Jake, 2.5" lift running 40s, I love LCOG rigs.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #50
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy View Post
its not a jeep....... we can argue all day but its not. crazy rig, yes.
Not saying it's a jeep but it's no less of a jeep than the rock buggies you see all over King of Hammers and the factory fabricated "Jeeps" that have nothing in common with an actual jeep other than the fiberglass custom molded body pieces that are molded to look like a jeep.

Just an opinion I think it's an interesting idea if nothing else.

back to topic I love the Cherokee Chiefs and +1 on the J10 from twister (I think that was the movie)

Unread 05-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #51
jimmyzzer
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop02x View Post
To comment on the pics posted by jimmyzzer without reposting a bunch of pictures throughout the thread:

Is that pic of the yellow jeep at the bottom of jimmyzzer's original post (page 3) from the 2010 Beach Jeep @ Daytona? I watched a video you Youtube and it looks like one of the jeeps shown in the video.

Will be keeping an eye on this thread! I love seeing some tasteful rigs!
yes was at jeepbeach 2010.
jimmyzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 12:22 PM   #52
2doorxj
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
actually to me it loooks like it started out as a jeep.. got fully tubed then the tub got ditched and portal axles went all haywire and an engineer just went nuts to see what he could do for flex..Brilliant idea...sort of... still running the 4.0 it looks like from what I can see of the engine..

That 4 wheel steer jeep where did you take that pic? Pretty sure that's in cali..

Nicest jeep I've seen is Geralds I don't have a picture but I'll take one and post it up.. Just from the raw capability of it.. Seeing that jeep up close just demands respect.
Thats not a 4.0

That looks like a small block chevy. I can see headers on the passenger side, and lat time i looked, a 4.0 had the exhaust manifold on the drivers side.

2012 Cherokee of the Year
2doorxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #53
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Must say I think this is one that I like, too bad it's not a YJ

White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 12:40 PM   #54
Chawietjes
1998 ZJ 

Epic, 10char
Unread 05-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #55
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2doorxj View Post
Thats not a 4.0

That looks like a small block chevy. I can see headers on the passenger side, and lat time i looked, a 4.0 had the exhaust manifold on the drivers side.

I"m going to go look but.. I'm really fairly sure my injectors and intake are driver side with the intake going over the valve cover and resting on the passneger side fender....

You're positive the intake is on the passenger side?

Unread 05-22-2010, 01:19 PM   #56
jeep2008
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The black LJ is my favourite too,any chance of more info or pictures??

No Jeep right now
04TJ (SOLD)
01TJ (SOLD)
jeep2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 02:12 PM   #57
BassMasterCHS
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2doorxj View Post
Thats not a 4.0

Pretty sure it's a ford 5.0 if i remember correctly..
Unread 05-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #58
shark02
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I"m going to go look but.. I'm really fairly sure my injectors and intake are driver side with the intake going over the valve cover and resting on the passneger side fender....

You're positive the intake is on the passenger side?
the intake is on the driver's side, but the exhaust manifold is too, directly below it.
shark02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #59
fitbmxseries1
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
A freak named Jake, 2.5" lift running 40s, I love LCOG rigs.

I like the tubing above the rear wheel, ive never seen that before
fitbmxseries1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 03:10 PM   #60
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Not saying it's a jeep but it's no less of a jeep than the rock buggies you see all over King of Hammers and the factory fabricated "Jeeps" that have nothing in common with an actual jeep other than the fiberglass custom molded body pieces that are molded to look like a jeep.

Just an opinion I think it's an interesting idea if nothing else.

back to topic I love the Cherokee Chiefs and +1 on the J10 from twister (I think that was the movie)
It's not a Jeep, it didn't start out as a Jeep, and it shares nothing in common with a Jeep other than the fact that it's used for off-roading

Quote:
It's chain drive to all 4 wheels.Built it all himself on his garage floor
It does things on rock that no other rig can do but it's too heavy to compete. The owner says it's only 5000K or so, but I see 7000 to 8000 lbs of steel there. It is truly a monster. You will all want to see video of this thing in action. Today it suffered majot problems, but this was the first time out of the garage.

Each wheel is independently controllable like don robbins rig but with no axles he get more articulation than any solid axle rig can. The delta between front wheel is about 6 to 7 feet! Seems to have a little less travle in the rear, I only saw about 5'. I don't know it might have been able to do more.

On the lake been it lowered it's nose and rested the engine on the ground, they lifted both tires up two feet off the ground. Then it dropped it's tires back down and lifted the front end over 4 feet in the air.

Both wheels on each side are connected to a double jointed lever arm.

It also had left and right drive, he could drive both lefts and or both right tires. Or front tires, or rear tires.

He calls it the "CHAINLINK". He literally just finished the rig and drove out to the competition without any testing. I have personally watched the construction of this rig. I saw the rig when it was one axle and the four independant arms. When I first saw it I was skeptical. Then I saw it two weeks ago when he took it for a spin around the block. Cameron is truely a unique person with a wild imagination and has even a greater vision. He showed me erector set prototypes and I still did not get it at the time. The "CHAINLINK" is truely an awesome rig. I know Cameron is already thinking of ways to make it better and stronger. Expect to see more.

My hats off to Cameron and his "CHAINLINK". You are truely a visionary. The Rock Gods bow down to you.

"Drivetrain layout is like this:
SEFI 5.0 w/ GT40 heads (paid something like $50 for the whole car)
C4 with stock gearing
D20 (right side output) with front output removed and case shortened.
9" with ARB (broke the ARB either late Sat or early Sun)
Chains enclosed in the swingarms
HMMV reduction/Portal boxes"
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.