new and improved psc rear stinger tire carrier - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > new and improved psc rear stinger tire carrier

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 05-19-2011, 09:20 AM   #16
Sgt_Utz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibblesupreme View Post
how was the install?
Post #8...

Sgt_Utz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #17
fsSnowboard
2005 TJ Wrangler 

if you don't want to read my post on a different thread, here it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsSnowboard View Post
I ran into a few issues installing both the bumper and the light. I had to drop the tank down a few inches to reach my hand behind the frame to bolt on the bumper. Then, I installed the tire carrier to the bumper. To my surprise, the attachment points on the bumper for the tail stinger (the place where it hinges up/down) were spaced an 1/8" to far, so I had to use a ratchet strap to bend them closer together then beat on the tire carrier with a rubber mallet to get it in. Once I got it installed to the bumper, I lifted it up to line up where the upper mounts go, only to find that the left arm (driver side) was to low and hitting my tail light. So I had to pull the tail light off to install the mount. The left mount installed 3/4" lower than the right mount. I had to drill new bold holes in my stock tail light to move it down. I'm a little disappointed by the Tail Stinger not fitting quite right. I did not do a test fit before I powder coated it because I couldn't imagine running into issues installing it. The Upper Mounts are supposed to be designed to bolt right onto a bolt location of the PSC Crusher Corners, so i don't imagine what I installed was welded quite right. Does anybody know what I could do in the future to adjust it? I don't mind that much that it is a little crooked. It looks like in the future I can't purchase the Savvy Tail Light because it will run into the Tail Stinger bracket. I think I'll end up using some round tail lights.
the issues I ran into don't bother me that much. It functions and still looks good. I have purchased some flush-mount round tail lights so will be installing those soon. As far as the left side being lower than the right, you only notice if you are looking for flaws, from a distance it looks good.
Unread 05-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #18
nibblesupreme
2005 LJ Wrangler 

That sucks man. I'm sorry to read that. I was going to do the same thing, have it shipped to a powdercoating place.. Are you doing anything about your old license plate location? looks a bit beat.
nibblesupreme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2011, 05:38 AM   #19
fsSnowboard
2005 TJ Wrangler 

old plate location just needed a wash. Now only a thin whitish line from the plastic rubbing against the paint. Someday I'm going to get aluminum corners from MetalCloak to support their flares in the rear (and of course some for the front too)
Unread 05-20-2011, 10:29 AM   #20
goody6691
2003 TJ Wrangler 

mine shipped today, should have it at my shop in 5 days, then prime, bedliner and install.
o3 tj, yellow, currie 4 in,savvy arms, 1in bl, mml, ramsey 9500, synth line, 8.8, 456's, arb's. 35x12.5x17 mtrk's, 17x8.5 raceline beadlocks, aem, banks exhaust, psc rear stinger, no limits front stinger, rockmen corners, a-z cage, piaa lights, rampage softtop, anti-rock, AA shifter, UCF aluminum skid.........98 audi a4, fully built, 350 whp awd, yellow
goody6691 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2011, 04:08 PM   #21
Beowill

2004 LJ Wrangler 

those bumpers look great, but It just seems like if you got rear ended, at any speed, it would **** up where the bars tie into the top of the tub on either side, instead of the bumper

My LJ Cummins 4BT with 1 Ton's Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/20...ation-2703513/
Beowill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2011, 04:55 PM   #22
fsSnowboard
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowill View Post
those bumpers look great, but It just seems like if you got rear ended, at any speed, it would **** up where the bars tie into the top of the tub on either side, instead of the bumper
I haven't thought about that. hmm.
Unread 05-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #23
goody6691
2003 TJ Wrangler 

not if you have corner armor installed
o3 tj, yellow, currie 4 in,savvy arms, 1in bl, mml, ramsey 9500, synth line, 8.8, 456's, arb's. 35x12.5x17 mtrk's, 17x8.5 raceline beadlocks, aem, banks exhaust, psc rear stinger, no limits front stinger, rockmen corners, a-z cage, piaa lights, rampage softtop, anti-rock, AA shifter, UCF aluminum skid.........98 audi a4, fully built, 350 whp awd, yellow
Unread 05-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #24
Prryan45
2002 TJ Wrangler 

That much money and it doesn't fit right.What a shame.I'll be avoiding that company.
Prryan45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2011, 07:34 AM   #25
goody6691
2003 TJ Wrangler 

we will see when mine comes in
Unread 05-21-2011, 08:45 AM   #26
Beowill

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Yea I guess if you have corner armor that would help.

My LJ Cummins 4BT with 1 Ton's Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/20...ation-2703513/
Beowill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #27
goody6691
2003 TJ Wrangler 

its not recomended to install without some kind of corner gaurd for that exact reason
Unread 05-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #28
fsSnowboard
2005 TJ Wrangler 

new pic from wheeling today.

Unread 05-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #29
goody6691
2003 TJ Wrangler 

mine came in today, got it sanded, primed, and painted with bed liner paint. rockmen corner armor and rear stinger to be installed tomorrow. pics soon. damn my old warn bumper was a pain to take off, not mention it had all but rusted off. there powdercoat must suck.
Unread 05-24-2011, 09:00 PM   #30
nibblesupreme
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I can't decide if I want to get the BL version or not. I can see me wanting to take off my BL one day. So my question is, if I have a BL, can I still install the non-BL version, or will the tub connectors mess with the tail lights or gas filler-up-er?

I'm about to pull the trigger on this once I get an answer on that.. but no one from Poison Spyder will respond to my PMs! Someone PM me please!
nibblesupreme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.