Nate's 4x4 Bumpers F+R - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Nate's 4x4 Bumpers F+R

TJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 09-21-2007, 02:14 PM   #1
Panici
(O|||||||O)

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nate's 4x4 Bumpers F+R

Looking for pictures of these bumpers with as close to these options as you guys have.

Wrangler Model 1 Winch-Optional Bumper
- 2" Receiver Hitch
- Winch Plate
- Brush Guard
- D-Ring tabs
- Both Sets Of Light tabs
- Tweaked Ends

Rear Bumper Optional Tire Carrier
- 2" Receiver Hitch
- D-Ring tabs
- Swingout Tire Carrier

Thanks,

BTW, i'll be getting some ROKMEN Extreme Duty Frame Tie-In's aswell, as i plan on towing with the rear bumper.

590nm Jeep TJ Build+Life
Panici is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2007, 06:18 PM   #2
Panici
(O|||||||O)

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Some one must have these bumpers, or close to them!

590nm Jeep TJ Build+Life
Unread 09-23-2007, 09:23 AM   #3
mountaineerjp
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i have them and love them...but i have no camera. i will answer any questions you have about them though
1997 Sahara - 2.5"OME HD Springs and 2" BB - Bilstein 5100s - 35" BFG KM2s - Doug Thorley Header - Warn M8000 - Nates 4x4 Front & Rear Bumpers - JeepMedic Engine Skid - Shrockwork Rockers - OR-Fab Sport Cage - Ford 8.8 - 4.10s - TNT Customs 4.5" Tube Fenders in Front and Rear - Viking Soft Top - many other mods
WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H. L. Mencken
mountaineerjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2007, 12:19 PM   #4
Panici
(O|||||||O)

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Great! Thanks

How is the build quality?
Does the front bumper tie into the frame?
How did you finish them? (paint, powdercoat etc)
Do you have a winch on the front bumper? If not, how does it look without a winch mounted?
Did you receive all the mounting hardware and shackles with the bumpers?
How heavy was the package that they came in?

Thanks,
Kelvyn

590nm Jeep TJ Build+Life
Unread 09-23-2007, 12:32 PM   #5
mountaineerjp
1997 TJ Wrangler 

1)Very impressed with the build quality. Welds look great and everything looks nice.

2)The front bumper does tie into the frame.

3)I finished them with a basecoat of POR-15, and topped them with a few coats 2of flat rustoleum. Holding up great.

4)I have a Warn M-8000 mounted up front.

5)Did not recieve any mounting hardware or shackles. I just went to Tractor Supply and bought some grade 8 hardware for a few bucks and ordered some quality shackles online.

6)My bumpers shipped separately so i have no idea of the package weight.

Overall, I love the bumpers. I have been running them for about 8-9 months and have had no problems. No rattles or any complaints about the rear tire carrier. For the money, I personally don't think that you will find anything better. My only complaint was that it took about a month and a half to actually get the bumpers.
1997 Sahara - 2.5"OME HD Springs and 2" BB - Bilstein 5100s - 35" BFG KM2s - Doug Thorley Header - Warn M8000 - Nates 4x4 Front & Rear Bumpers - JeepMedic Engine Skid - Shrockwork Rockers - OR-Fab Sport Cage - Ford 8.8 - 4.10s - TNT Customs 4.5" Tube Fenders in Front and Rear - Viking Soft Top - many other mods
WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H. L. Mencken
mountaineerjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2007, 08:21 PM   #6
Panici
(O|||||||O)

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineerjp
1)Very impressed with the build quality. Welds look great and everything looks nice.

2)The front bumper does tie into the frame.

3)I finished them with a basecoat of POR-15, and topped them with a few coats 2of flat rustoleum. Holding up great.

4)I have a Warn M-8000 mounted up front.

5)Did not recieve any mounting hardware or shackles. I just went to Tractor Supply and bought some grade 8 hardware for a few bucks and ordered some quality shackles online.

6)My bumpers shipped separately so i have no idea of the package weight.

Overall, I love the bumpers. I have been running them for about 8-9 months and have had no problems. No rattles or any complaints about the rear tire carrier. For the money, I personally don't think that you will find anything better. My only complaint was that it took about a month and a half to actually get the bumpers.
Thanks How did the bumper look before you mounted up the Warn? Also how hard is POR-15 to apply?

590nm Jeep TJ Build+Life
Unread 09-23-2007, 09:19 PM   #7
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

look at the build link in my sig.

only complaint:

rear tire carrier does rattle on washboardy trails and rough bumpy tar roads.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2007, 06:11 AM   #8
Panici
(O|||||||O)

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Andrew You have some great shots of the rear tire carrier bumper. Also FYI i've always loved your rig.

Now i just need some shots of a model 1 front bumper

590nm Jeep TJ Build+Life
Unread 09-26-2007, 10:47 AM   #9
DeadFrog
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Here's a shot of the Nates front and rear bumpers I got a few months back. I primed and then used Rustoleum hammered finish rattle can on them. The Rustoleum is great, it's nice and tough, but it's more of a charcoal grey than black. It turned out really nice with the colour scheme of my Jeep though. Quality-wise they are awesome bumpers, I'm really happy with them. They mounted up with no problems at all. I don't have the tire carrier on the rear, but here's a pic anyway. I still need to grab some frame tie-ins before I tow anything with it though.

DeadFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2007, 06:21 AM   #10
Panici
(O|||||||O)

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Great thanks! Do you have any more pictures of that front bumper?

Also, (on the rear bumper) are those safety chain rings under the bumper mounted hitch? Did you get those put on custom, or do all the rear bumpers come with those?

590nm Jeep TJ Build+Life
Unread 09-27-2007, 09:28 AM   #11
DeadFrog
1997 TJ Wrangler 

This the only other pic I have of the bumper here at work. Yes, the rear bumper came with the safety chain rings already attached to the hitch. I didn't have to get that special ordered from Nate or anything.

DeadFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2007, 09:08 PM   #12
Panici
(O|||||||O)

2004 TJ Wrangler 

TY

BTW guys, i'm still looking for pics of the front bumper from different angles.

590nm Jeep TJ Build+Life
Unread 09-28-2007, 07:32 PM   #13
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

you should get the front bumper number 2.... i like mine

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2007, 03:23 PM   #14
Panici
(O|||||||O)

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Andrew, i do like the #2 bumper aswell, but i personally prefer #1. Also 4 aux lights AND a winch can be mounted to #2, whereas #1 can only mount 2 lights and a winch.

590nm Jeep TJ Build+Life
Unread 10-04-2007, 10:29 AM   #15
rmb2485
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The FedEx guy dropped off my Nate's rear bumper yesterday, about 10 days after I ordered it. No sign of the front bumper yet tho. Did you guys who ordered both together have them delivered separately?

Its too bad its 90% humidity today so paint will have to wait for another day unless I set up a makeshift spray booth in the air conditioning of my den.....hmmmm
rmb2485 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.