Most expensive rig you've wheeled with - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Most expensive rig you've wheeled with

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 03-22-2014, 11:53 AM   #1
23ethan23
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Most expensive rig you've wheeled with

I'm just curious to see some expensive toys whether it's buggies luxury SUVs or whatever lets see some pics!!

Unread 03-22-2014, 02:10 PM   #2
jeepster425
2001 XJ Cherokee 

This unimog that was in our group And on that same trip, saw a bunch of land rovers out. Only got this pic though
"my jeep burns the gas your prius saves"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch8672 View Post
Leather makes me sweat like Kanye West at a David Allan Coe concert...

__=====,o00o,
//__l_l_,\____\,_____
l_/-\_l__l_/-\_|
lllllll|
{o}_} {o}_}--o-}_}
jeepster425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 03:51 PM   #3
YJjeeper90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster425
This unimog that was in our group And on that same trip, saw a bunch of land rovers out. Only got this pic though
That a 2 door 90s 4runner in the water by the unimog?
YJjeeper90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 04:46 PM   #4
smallbeefnoego
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Those older Unimogs aren't too expensive...when you get into the Doka's and newer models, however... they can get expensive, fast!
smallbeefnoego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 05:13 PM   #5
dahreno

The most expensive rig I have wheeled is my JKUR with every extra you can order and about 10 grand worth of skids, long arm w/ Fox reservoirs,winch, bumpers, etc. Probably over 60 grand and we have beat on this thing like you would not believe and have built memories to last a lifetime! It has been worth it and I would do it all over again. That's why I can't believe it when I read about people saying that they won't take their Jeep off road because of how much it costs or how much they still owe on it. Why own a Jeep if not to go off road ?Especially when they build them then just drive on road. I guess they are trying to impress someone !I'm not impressed. I wouldn't own a Jeep if I didn't go off road, they are not all that great of a road vehicle.
dahreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 06:16 PM   #6
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

seen while wheeling was Ultra4 cars down at DTOR and at the badlands, and all the SRRS guys at DTOR wheeling around before the races.

but actually in my group, some of the guys have a decent amount tied up in their buggies.
Full tube Yota on Tons

2000 powerjoke tow pig

Anti-jeep--1989 K5 blazer. the new off road ride
underpowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 08:28 PM   #7
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahreno View Post
The most expensive rig I have wheeled is my JKUR. Probably over 60 grand and we have beat on this thing like you would not believe. That's why I can't believe it when I read about people saying that they won't take their Jeep off road because of how much it costs or how much they still owe on it. Why own a Jeep if not to go off road ? I guess they are trying to impress someone !I'm not impressed.
Many Jeep owners are average guys (myself included) that cant afford a $60K Jeep out of the box to beat on. Sometimes it takes them months or more to afford a single mod - they may not want to tear up something new and pretty that they cant readily afford to replace/repair again. Its easy to beat something up when you have money to fix it! And if they are still making payments... its the Banks Jeep, and the bank wont appreciate trail damage on their rig.
IH8PEPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 10:59 PM   #8
dahreno

Just to clarify, I never said tear it up. I did say beat on it but that doesn't necessarily mean to ruin it. I only have one small dent in the rear pass. door which I am not happy about and I really haven't broke anything except bending a rear axle shaft after owning it for 6 years. It is amazing how much these Jeeps can take. By the way, I am an average guy who is a blue collar worker and have been my whole life. I am getting older and realize you only live once, better enjoy it !
Unread 03-23-2014, 06:11 AM   #9
GregStephens2
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The most expensive rig I have wheeled is my JKUR with every extra you can order and about 10 grand worth of skids, long arm w/ Fox reservoirs,winch, bumpers, etc. Probably over 60 grand and we have beat on this thing like you would not believe and have built memories to last a lifetime! It has been worth it and I would do it all over again. That's why I can't believe it when I read about people saying that they won't take their Jeep off road because of how much it costs or how much they still owe on it. Why own a Jeep if not to go off road ?Especially when they build them then just drive on road. I guess they are trying to impress someone !I'm not impressed. I wouldn't own a Jeep if I didn't go off road, they are not all that great of a road vehicle.
I have an 04 rubi and know for a fact I have more that 60k in it with the purchase price and all the mods that are done. And yes I wheel it like its stolen but its paid off.
Unread 03-23-2014, 06:16 AM   #10
GregStephens2
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PEPL View Post
Many Jeep owners are average guys (myself included) that cant afford a $60K Jeep out of the box to beat on. Sometimes it takes them months or more to afford a single mod - they may not want to tear up something new and pretty that they cant readily afford to replace/repair again. Its easy to beat something up when you have money to fix it! And if they are still making payments... its the Banks Jeep, and the bank wont appreciate trail damage on their rig.
Here is the issue, moding the **** out of a jeep with payments is well to be be frank stupid. Unless you have more money than brains pay off the jeep then mod and wheel it. I bought the rubi mentioned above in Oct of 2003 and did some very light wheeling here and there until it was paid off and built to my liking.
Unread 03-23-2014, 10:46 PM   #11
dahreno

Well, I knew I wasn't alone. Many people wheel their Jeeps hard.Still doesn't mean they break them !
Unread 03-23-2014, 10:47 PM   #12
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Don't have a picture of it, but my family took our old (new then) Land Rover Discovery to one of their wheeling events they host.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2014, 11:46 AM   #13
bgredjeep
1987 YJ Wrangler 

The Blower Buggy pretty much tops my list. Last I saw it was for sale for ~$125k

bgredjeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2014, 02:48 PM   #14
Varnish
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

As far as owner out of pocket, probably this pair of newly built custom rigs.
541329_3126332233048_1748315098_n.jpg   385654_3181261926256_2007864877_n.jpg  
'99 XJ 4dr SE
Varnish is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2014, 06:06 AM   #15
GregStephens2
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, I knew I wasn't alone. Many people wheel their Jeeps hard.Still doesn't mean they break them !
Agreed I haven't broke mine yet and my only future mod at this point is 1 ton rears. I built it not to break and take the trails I want to run.
The 1 ton rears will complete the build............well maybe I would like to do coil overs at the same time as the 1 tons but am not sure if that will be in the budget. We'll see.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.