Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1990.jpg  
Kuntryboy816 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1367 of 1385 Old 06-30-2017, 09:33 AM
hemicuda1313

Garage
I am considering doing Monstaliner on my 99 XJ. I really like how most of these jeeps turned out. Can anyone help me with a few questions?

1. Anyone do door and hatch jams? I want to try to make it look at complete as possible since I will be going with a very different color from stock. If so, what technique is recommended?
2. I was going to add new Jeep/ Cherokee emblems but I am not sure if they will stick and last on the texture of the Monstaliner. Anyone put stock emblems back on? Mine would be new from Jeep?
3. I have my rockers, aftermarket bumpers, and rock sliders in rattle can bed liner today. Do I need to strip fully to coat in Monstaliner? I would like to do these in black to contrast the planned color on the rest of the Jeep.
4. I am planning on using the Chassis Saver under the Jeep but later want to add frame stiffeners and long arms. Will having this on cause any issues when welding underneath?
5. I plan on adding hood vents at some point. Should I do cut holes prior to lining ?
6. Should I try to remove window trim everywhere to get the best coverage?

Thanks for any help based prior experience.
post #1368 of 1385 Old 06-30-2017, 09:34 AM
hemicuda1313

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgontasz View Post
Just finished doing my TJ exterior in midnight special. Absolutely love it so far. Interior was done in black. There are a few very small areas I missed due to taping along gaskets where you can see small seams of factory paint. I was planning to use the duplicolor perfect match pens to fix it. Anyone know if A. this will work and B. is patriot blue close to midnight special? Magnetman?
Looks great! Love the color.

post #1369 of 1385 Old 07-02-2017, 06:19 PM
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Answers
1) For a complete color change your only choice is to tape it off and do it carefully. We can make you regular paint in ML colors so you can paint inside the jambs rather than using liner.

2) If it's good quality vinyl it will stick. Use a hair dryer on low heat setting to soften the vinyl after laying it down and this will help work it into the texture.

3) What liner is it? Rattle can liners are different than regular rattle paint and as long as it's stuck well you can scuff well and coat over it. If it's failing in any way you better off removing it rather than putting good over a bad surface

4) You will need to expose bare metal in the spots to be welded, grinder works fine.

5) YES

6) If you can get it off and reinstall without destroying it you will have an easier time with it removed. We're doing a company vehicle in the next few weeks and we removed everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicuda1313 View Post
I am considering doing Monstaliner on my 99 XJ. I really like how most of these jeeps turned out. Can anyone help me with a few questions?

1. Anyone do door and hatch jams? I want to try to make it look at complete as possible since I will be going with a very different color from stock. If so, what technique is recommended?
2. I was going to add new Jeep/ Cherokee emblems but I am not sure if they will stick and last on the texture of the Monstaliner. Anyone put stock emblems back on? Mine would be new from Jeep?
3. I have my rockers, aftermarket bumpers, and rock sliders in rattle can bed liner today. Do I need to strip fully to coat in Monstaliner? I would like to do these in black to contrast the planned color on the rest of the Jeep.
4. I am planning on using the Chassis Saver under the Jeep but later want to add frame stiffeners and long arms. Will having this on cause any issues when welding underneath?
5. I plan on adding hood vents at some point. Should I do cut holes prior to lining ?
6. Should I try to remove window trim everywhere to get the best coverage?

Thanks for any help based prior experience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Manufacturers of CHASSIS SAVERô Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Coating

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #1370 of 1385 Old 07-03-2017, 09:55 AM
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgontasz View Post
Just finished doing my TJ exterior in midnight special. Absolutely love it so far. Interior was done in black. There are a few very small areas I missed due to taping along gaskets where you can see small seams of factory paint. I was planning to use the duplicolor perfect match pens to fix it. Anyone know if A. this will work and B. is patriot blue close to midnight special? Magnetman?
Sorry I missed this post, Patriot Blue is not close to Midnight Special. We have repair kits available, phone order only.

If you need faster answers please post in the main ML vendor thread

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #1371 of 1385 Old 07-03-2017, 09:46 PM
hemicuda1313

Garage
Thanks for the responses to my questions. Much appreciated. I will be in touch when I complete a few projects and am ready to order.
post #1372 of 1385 Old 08-13-2017, 12:50 PM
Firefyteremt
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I just ordered a quart of black to spray my inner fenders and tubes on my custom tube fenders. I will also spray the tray of the battery box to protect it. I will post photos when they are done!
post #1373 of 1385 Old 09-29-2017, 12:32 PM
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Followers of this thread will appreciate this.

We just completed this project last month.
We've never done any Jeep or off-road events before and we needed a vehicle to bring to Great Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion in Pigeon Forge, TN.
This has been my DD for the past few years.

2010 stock JKU torn down to a skeleton. Every body/trim component removed.
3.5" lift with 37s, RIPP Supercharger and Rock-Slide 4D power step sliders.
Poison Spyder flares and rear corner armor were ordered as bare steel, primed with 2K epoxy primer.
Tub has an experimental heat and sound dampening coating with 2 gallons black Monstaliner over top.
Door jambs, hinges, flare edge tubes and other highlight areas on the exterior were painted with a satin finish automotive paint to match our new color "All Nighter" Monstaliner.
We sprayed all exterior surfaces and then back rolled to create the texture we wanted. Monstaliner was "wrapped" around the door edges and over all corners into the jambs.
Entire rig got new seals and gaskets.
Tons of masking, taping, thinking and planning involved here. Took 3.5 months to get this completed and it could sit on a showroom floor.
Actual time to coat the exterior was 24 hours straight, no sleep with 3 people.
Still doing mods as time permits. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Stock 2010 JKU.jpg   TornDown withLift+Wheels.jpg   IMG_2853 (1).jpg   IMG_2857.jpg   IMG_2578.jpg  

IMG_2192.jpg   IMG_2222.jpg   IMG_2350.jpg   IMG_2167.jpg  
Attached Images

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #1374 of 1385 Old 09-29-2017, 12:34 PM
bigpun

What's the best way to clean white. I can pressure wash it and still be dirty. Has black streaks

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
post #1375 of 1385 Old 09-29-2017, 12:56 PM
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpun View Post
What's the best way to clean white. I can pressure wash it and still be dirty. Has black streaks

What kind of soap are you using? Are you scrubbing with a non-abrasive brush?
May want to contact Chemical Guys or Adam's Polishes to see what they have available

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #1376 of 1385 Old 09-29-2017, 01:02 PM
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Many more pics and video of the process are available
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2150.jpg   IMG_2214.jpg   IMG_2146.jpg   IMG_2174.jpg   IMG_2191.jpg  

IMG_2198.jpg   IMG_2216.jpg   IMG_2289.jpg   IMG_2306.jpg   IMG_2331.jpg  

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #1377 of 1385 Old 09-29-2017, 01:09 PM
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

We did a lot of stuff here that's never been done before with Monstaliner.
The 3D raised effect is experimental for now and we plan to sell it next year.
That's a wooden table with a decal.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2334.jpg   IMG_2337.jpg   IMG_2424.jpg   IMG_2430.jpg   IMG_2688.jpg  

IMG_2689.jpg   IMG_2501.jpg   IMG_2714.jpg   ML Table.jpg   Raised Monsta Door.jpg  

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #1378 of 1385 Old 09-29-2017, 06:10 PM
bigpun

I've tried everything brush, pressure washer. Dish soap and car soap

post #1379 of 1385 Old 09-29-2017, 06:31 PM
bigpun

Quote:
I've tried everything brush, pressure washer. Dish soap and car soap

Spots

post #1380 of 1385 Old 10-02-2017, 12:21 PM
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Spots

I never hear issues with the cleanability of white.
How long ago was this done?
How often do you typically wash this rig?

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

Tags
monstaliner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.