Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Monstaliner interiors and exteriors

920K views 1K replies 294 participants last post by  BensonSTW 
#1 ·
ONLY POST PICS OR REQUESTS FOR PICS!!!!! Any application, not just jeeps.

Monstaliner QUESTIONS can be answered in this thread! - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/introducing-monstaliner-uv-permanent-diy-roll-bed-liner-875162
More info and buy it here- http://www.monstaliner.com/

Please just post your-

Color

~Amount used for what you covered

Method of application (Rolled / Sprayed / Brushed)
please include
any primer
type of gun & thinner (if used)

&Pics

ONLY!

Here is mine to start
med grey quartz
1 gallon, entire TJ interior up to edges of tub
rolled

See less See more
#274 ·
Not really. Sometimes when I choose a particular photograph to make a chip from it may or may not have been using flash or at an angle where you can see the gloss. I pick based on which best shows the color as close as possible.

Also, The actual gloss level/sheen of the chips we make varies at times because of the speed we need to make them. Sometimes we have to force dry them and I think that's when the gloss is lower than curing naturally. You may also be seeing that variation in the chips on the website.

For the most part, everything cures with a low satin sheen. The temperature in our warehouse also affects this when we are making chips in cold vs warmer temps

#281 ·
When I finish my jeep, if i have any left, would their be any issues painting my hi-lift jack?

I realize, prep work is key, but I wasn't sure If you thought the liner would screw with the function of the lift.

#284 ·
No sense in posting the pictures of the prep work as that is self explanatory. :rofl: Here are the pictures of the pyroclastic that I rolled on my tub. I love it!!

Haven't had issues with it and its been down for about 7 months. I am going to do the exterior in Blood Bath! What do you guys think?

I like the way the colors play off each other.

#287 ·
Thanks!!! I am thinking of doing the pyroclastic on the bumpers, sliders, and hood louvre and tube fenders when i get them. What do you think? Ithink it will be different and I like different! :2thumbsup:

#291 ·
I haven't had mine on their very long (couple months) but this is good stuff. You're basically going to have a plasticy, bumpy paint coating the inside of your tub when you're done. You could gouge it if you really tried with something sharp and metallic, but it's great weekend warrior type stuff. Make sure you get extra rollers, you'll need them, this stuff gets pretty thick. And don't paint over bolts in your center hump that you may need to access to change a clutch--doah! Just had to redo that area with a patch-up kit.

#292 ·
Neuner-9R said:
I was anxious to Monstaline mine but thought I'd hold off until I saw photos of it after it had been on for some time to see how it held up. Couldn't find any so I took the samples and attached them to the top of my kids swing set out in the full Texas sun and heat. Was disappointed after just 8 months which was only through the winter and not in the worst of the heat. I was glad I didn't use it. I had black, OD green, Pyro and light gray. The black got brittle and was easy to snap off although it held it's scheen the best. The others got a little chalky and lost whatever sheen they had. I was not impressed at all. I instead rolled on High Heat BBQ rustoleum on my CJ because my BBQ has held up really well for 2 years now in the same conditions. It looks awesome and I get a lot of compliments.
Could it be that you are basing your product review on the weaterhing of the sample chips, maybe?? It's on a cardboard type backing. I'd lend more credit to your review if you'd Monstaliner a pc of metal and then let it weather. I can use just about any paint in the planet on cardboard and then snap it in half once dried. Just my opinion but I don't believe your review is an accurate depiction of real-world application.

The sample chips are to show color and texture... not durability. Though I'm sure the liner sample itself will far outlast the backing it's been applied to,

#294 ·
Kuntryboy816 said:
Could it be that you are basing your product review on the weaterhing of the sample chips, maybe?? It's on a cardboard type backing. I'd lend more credit to your review if you'd Monstaliner a pc of metal and then let it weather. I can use just about any paint in the planet on cardboard and then snap it in half once dried. Just my opinion but I don't believe your review is an accurate depiction of real-world application.

The sample chips are to show color and texture... not durability. Though I'm sure the liner sample itself will far outlast the backing it's been applied to,
What he said.

#301 ·
A combination of the weather being nice and me doing my homework way early this week lead me to do this to the Jeep. Last night I disassembled, sanded w 80 grit sand paper and a wire wheel, cleaned the exterior with water and the dawn dish soap and water (pics of the finished prep work are as it was drying from the cleaning). This a.m. I checked for any missed clear coating there was none, I then wiped it down with MEK x 2 and taped it up and mixed the Blood Bath and started painting!!! 2.5 hours for the first coat, I waited 4 hours in between coats and then it took 1.5 hours for the second coat.

I am happy with the way it came out!!! I love the way the Pyroclastic (interior) and the Blood Bath work well together!!!!!! Letting it dry in the garage overnight (two fans blowing to circulate the air) as the sun is going bye bye and I will assemble it tomorrow afternoon after letting it sit in the sun in the a.m. for a few more hours. Ok let's hope I can submit this with all these pics.

#307 ·
Dark Burnt Orange
It's still wet and in the bright sun. It should dry darker.

• 3 gallons were used. I had about a quart left over. mixed about 2 oz MEK in each gallon when cleaning all the color from the DBTO can.
  • Sprayed with Walcom shutz gun at 70 psi (60 psi first coat) 5 turns out.
  • Had 2 cans to swap when empty.
  • 1 gallon did first coat. Second coat was sprayed heavier and used a gallon and a half.
  • I hit the floors, entries, and tail gate with some extra liner. Spraying heavy gives a larger, rounded texture. I did a light mist last to get the fine texture I desired.
  • By the time you get to the end of painting you'll get the idea of how you want it to be for your preference.
  • The whole inside of the tub, half doors, tail gate, roll bar, the whole outside of the body, and the front inner fender wells were all sprayed.
  • After I finished spraying and pushed it outside into the sun I found a few spots that needed touching up. I used a mini roller and sponge from the
    mini kit to take care of those spots.

Full photo album on Google Plus

Full album on Daily Driver Jeep Club facebook

#309 ·
Finally got around to Monstalining my 98 wrangler. Its green with tan interior/soft top so I ordered the Jeep Spice 1 gallon kit. Prepping was a pain in the rear, but finally got it ready to paint. First coat was tough because of all the hard to reach places inside the tub. Applied second coat about 2 hours later. Let it dry and cure all weekend. Will post final pics after I reinstall seats tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.