Monstaliner interiors and exteriors - Page 62 - JeepForum.com
 32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #916 of 1372 Old 03-02-2015, 08:29 PM
Kpowning
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Chassis saver

So far just prepped with chassis saver this weekend will be monstaliner... I used 1 quart of aluminum, 2 coats no problem with some left over. 1989 jeep Cherokee floor pan.

Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #917 of 1372 Old 03-02-2015, 08:30 PM
Kpowning
1989 XJ Cherokee 

From that to this!

Very impressed with chassis saver so far!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
post #918 of 1372 Old 03-03-2015, 12:12 AM
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Nice!
Scuff with 100 - 120 grit before ML

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Manufacturers of CHASSIS SAVERô Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Coating

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #919 of 1372 Old 03-06-2015, 02:50 PM
bck4more
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Magnetman-- Im waiting on my color samples to get here for the outside of the tub but I just got done building my flat fenders and Im wanting to do them in black because I've already had my grill and windshield frame powder coated black but I'm not sure what I need exactly as I'm planning to do the inside of the tub black as well. I know once I pick the color I want from the samples for the outside of the tub I'll be ordering that kit with the gun.

1987 4.2 automatic, 33" Pro Comp, 2100MC, nuttered, SOA, SYE,TW driveshaft
post #920 of 1372 Old 03-06-2015, 03:15 PM
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bck4more View Post
Magnetman-- Im waiting on my color samples to get here for the outside of the tub but I just got done building my flat fenders and Im wanting to do them in black because I've already had my grill and windshield frame powder coated black but I'm not sure what I need exactly as I'm planning to do the inside of the tub black as well. I know once I pick the color I want from the samples for the outside of the tub I'll be ordering that kit with the gun.
You probably need 1 gallon + 1 quart of black for everything.
Measure all surface area of fenders and convert to sq ft.
1 quart covers 15 sq ft in 2 coats

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #921 of 1372 Old 03-06-2015, 03:20 PM
bck4more
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Ok Thanks. So should I also order the roller kit along with the sprayer? I wasnt sure about which was better for the inside just to roll or spray?

post #922 of 1372 Old 03-07-2015, 09:30 PM
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Ok Thanks. So should I also order the roller kit along with the sprayer? I wasnt sure about which was better for the inside just to roll or spray?
Coating is supplied either as a kit with rollers or as coating only with just catalyst and mix blade. Spray gun ordered separate.

You need to make the choice of roll or spray. Most people roll. It takes longer with less masking. 1.5 - 2 hrs between coats.
Spray is 45 - 60 mins between coats.

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #923 of 1372 Old 03-09-2015, 11:59 AM
bck4more
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Are you offering any specials for this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Coating is supplied either as a kit with rollers or as coating only with just catalyst and mix blade. Spray gun ordered separate.

You need to make the choice of roll or spray. Most people roll. It takes longer with less masking. 1.5 - 2 hrs between coats.
Spray is 45 - 60 mins between coats.

post #924 of 1372 Old 03-09-2015, 12:22 PM
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

See link in my sig below, ignore dates

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #925 of 1372 Old 03-09-2015, 12:27 PM
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

First Monstaliner camo job.
Don't ask too many questions right now as I don't have all the details.
More pics and info will come soon.

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #926 of 1372 Old 03-09-2015, 12:38 PM
bck4more
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I cant get either of the Promo codes to work.

post #927 of 1372 Old 03-09-2015, 12:45 PM
Kuntryboy816
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Dagnabbit! Somebody beat me to the punch! I like the look (although I'm a bit biased) but not sure I like the tan color mixed in..... thumbs up either way!

I was just talking to my wife about doing the exterior in Monsta. My plan was to hit the entire exterior in Pyro, then buy a quart of black and white and pattern it out on top of the Pyro. That's what I did with the spraybombing... the YJ was already white so I just patterned black and gray on top of that.
Attached Thumbnails
Picture 040.jpg  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Sport View Post
Until you know exactly what is underneath the, well, not really sure what to call them...mistakes...it's hard to come up with a plan of action.
post #928 of 1372 Old 03-09-2015, 12:58 PM
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I cant get either of the Promo codes to work.
1 gallon purchase or greater?

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #929 of 1372 Old 03-09-2015, 01:08 PM
bck4more
1987 YJ Wrangler 

1 1-Quart *BLACK* (No Rollers) $45.80
1 2" Mini Roller Kit + Foam Block $4.20
1 MONSTA Window Decal - White Die Cut Vinyl $1.50
1 4" Foam Texture Roller $3.20
1 1-Gallon *BLACK* Roll-On Kit $145.40
1 Chassis Saver Jet Black Gloss - 1 Quart $39.90
Subtotal $240.00
Shipping (Standard) $17.00
Tax $0.00
Order Total $257.00
Edit Items

post #930 of 1372 Old 03-09-2015, 01:08 PM
bck4more
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Coupon code: FREECSQ301P is invalid. Please try again or contact us. I get this on both promo codes

Tags
monstaliner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.