Monstaliner interiors and exteriors - Page 57 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Monstaliner interiors and exteriors

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!

Reply
Unread 08-24-2014, 10:30 PM   #841
1ofakind
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: edson, alberta
Posts: 108
Oh and should I do a chassis saver on my frame? It has a fair amount of surface rust but nothing bad, body is rust free besides some minor surface rust. I'll be prepping the jeep this week so excited!

1ofakind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #842
1ofakind
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: edson, alberta
Posts: 108
So anyone have an idea of how much I'll need to do my entire jeep? Including the body armor I'm getting from metal cloak?

Black: Floor, frame/under tub/diffs Ect, front fender flares, rear flares, roll cage, hardtop inside and out, and maybe misc other stuff

Desert sand: entire exterior including doors, fenders and corner guards.

Maybe 3 gallons black
And 2 gallons desert sand?
1ofakind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2014, 01:36 PM   #843
Tonellin
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,284
Holy crap that sounds like a lot of monstaliner haha most guys that two the exterior use 2 gals I think? 5 seems like overkill but im not sure

I would absolutely give them a call before ordering since this seems to be a special order...make sure you post pictures when done
__________________
06 LJ Rubicon
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/lj-rubicon-build-1481013/
Tonellin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #844
1ofakind
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: edson, alberta
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellin
Holy crap that sounds like a lot of monstaliner haha most guys that two the exterior use 2 gals I think? 5 seems like overkill but im not sure I would absolutely give them a call before ordering since this seems to be a special order...make sure you post pictures when done
It does seem like a lot I just don't want to have not enough.. Lol yea I'll have to call them before hand I guess. Definitely post before and after, it's quite the transformation haha
1ofakind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2014, 08:48 PM   #845
Dukem10
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Celoron, NY
Posts: 14
You need 2 gallons for the exterior probably about 1 gallon for hardtop and roll cage, 1 for the inside of the tub and I think one should cover the bottom of the tub and your diffs, and I would coat the frame with one gallon of chassis saver. You just have to invest the time in prep work because it makes a hell of a difference.
Dukem10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2014, 11:52 AM   #846
1ofakind
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: edson, alberta
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukem10 View Post
You need 2 gallons for the exterior probably about 1 gallon for hardtop and roll cage, 1 for the inside of the tub and I think one should cover the bottom of the tub and your diffs, and I would coat the frame with one gallon of chassis saver. You just have to invest the time in prep work because it makes a hell of a difference.
awesome thanks!! how much chassis saver should i get? absolutely the key is prep. would it be best to take the frame down to almost metal and get all the rust off? or is that not necessary, also what grit sand paper should i use on the tub, id think something fairly low so the monsta can stick better but would like to do this only once so ill be taking my time lol
1ofakind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2014, 08:01 AM   #847
Dukem10
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Celoron, NY
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofakind View Post
awesome thanks!! how much chassis saver should i get? absolutely the key is prep. would it be best to take the frame down to almost metal and get all the rust off? or is that not necessary, also what grit sand paper should i use on the tub, id think something fairly low so the monsta can stick better but would like to do this only once so ill be taking my time lol
Im not sure about the chassis saver, I haven't used it before, I think magnetman could tell you. For the tub anything from 120 to 180 grit would work or you can just use the scuff pads that come with the kit, they work amazing since all you have to do is degloss the paint. Anywhere there is some rust on the body I would take a grinder too
Dukem10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2014, 02:21 PM   #848
xndrxw
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 16
Still need to do some touch ups and finish my tail gate but here it is. Desert Sand, from a long, wet weekend. Also installed the Gr8tops half cab.

Before:


After:



I am highly impressed with the outcome as well as the product. Will be ordering some more to do my interior.
__________________
http://www.expeditionnola.com/
xndrxw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2014, 02:39 PM   #849
1ofakind
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: edson, alberta
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukem10 View Post

Im not sure about the chassis saver, I haven't used it before, I think magnetman could tell you. For the tub anything from 120 to 180 grit would work or you can just use the scuff pads that come with the kit, they work amazing since all you have to do is degloss the paint. Anywhere there is some rust on the body I would take a grinder too
Thank you! Got some advice from my friend he is a auto body guy and is now going to do a bit of work on my 2014 dodge. He told me to use some lower grit like 100-80.
1ofakind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #850
BRC_1980
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 200
I love this stuff but holy crap don't do this is a 100 garage. Anyway, I have the smitty stuff and their texture kind of bugged me because my jeep is so shiny black so I took a normal roller (instead of the one supplied) and did my half doors and now they match some how and looks great. Only difference is monsta is a little shiny. Can I matte black over it? Or can I use Chasis saver over it since it's a matte finish?
BRC_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2014, 12:55 PM   #851
GB_YJ_GUY
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norwich, CT
Posts: 55
92 Yj white and black monstaliner. White is sprayed black was rolled.











took first for best 4x4 at the car show over the weekend. I'd Say 90% of people that came up had to comment and touch the paint. Then they try to guess what it is before asking. Lol
GB_YJ_GUY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2014, 01:00 PM   #852
BRC_1980
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 200
Where is that grill from?
BRC_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2014, 01:23 PM   #853
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie
 
AZdEvilYJ's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB_YJ_GUY
92 Yj white and black monstaliner. White is sprayed black was rolled. took first for best 4x4 at the car show over the weekend. I'd Say 90% of people that came up had to comment and touch the paint. Then they try to guess what it is before asking. Lol
Sick!! Build thread?? Specs??
__________________
'95 YJ 2.5L
March '13 & '14 YJ of the Month!
Exiled Offroad - Arizona

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2014, 01:32 PM   #854
GB_YJ_GUY
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norwich, CT
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRC_1980 View Post
Where is that grill from?

i made it
GB_YJ_GUY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2014, 01:38 PM   #855
GB_YJ_GUY
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norwich, CT
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
Sick!! Build thread?? Specs??
thanks man. build thread is over on pirate 4x4 under jeep hardcore tech.

92 yj, 97 12 valve cummins, nv4500, valair street/strip 13" clutch and flywheel. np241 transfer case with new input shaft, SYE kit and custom tom woods drive shaft. 78 dana60 rear and 44 up front(soon to be upgraded to a 60). replace rear half of the frame and front section due to severe rot. custom lots of stuff.. lol
GB_YJ_GUY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Tags
monstaliner

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.