Monstaliner interiors and exteriors - Page 50 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Monstaliner interiors and exteriors

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 06-03-2014, 10:57 AM   #736
jaycal3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcherb
Pyroclastic Sprayed on at 65 PSI with economy schutz gun Reduced with MEK Substitute Actual spray time start to finish 3 hours I lost track of prep time, from sanding, priming bare metal, removing fenders, hood, bumpers, rockers and then taping it all off. I did it over the course of 2 weeks a few hours at a time after work. If I were to do it again, I would cover my garage floor, I have a ton of overspray on the floor, but at least now I have a textured floor in those spots
That looks great. I'm still torn between pyroclastic and med quartz grey. Repairing my floor where it meets the rocker first so I have a couple weeks to decide. Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum... So excuse the typos, my iPhone is challenged.

KCCO
jaycal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2014, 11:02 AM   #737
whiskeywiz
Heineken?
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I used quartz grey inside the tub. It's pretty light. Can see it in my build thread if ya like.
whiskeywiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2014, 11:20 AM   #738
jaycal3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeywiz
I used quartz grey inside the tub. It's pretty light. Can see it in my build thread if ya like.
Whiskey, that looks like the "light quartz grey" rather than the medium?? Is it? I wish there was an in between color of the 2... Like a gunmetal...

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum... So excuse the typos, my iPhone is challenged.

Let's Go Rangers!!!

KCCO
Unread 06-03-2014, 11:56 AM   #739
whiskeywiz
Heineken?
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Gimmie the Kings for $5.
I only have the gallon of tintable kicking around out here in the garage, so i'll have to pull up a receipt. I'm sorry, I assumed there was only one grey.
I'll get back to ya with a definate...
Unread 06-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #740
whiskeywiz
Heineken?
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycal3 View Post
Whiskey, that looks like the "light quartz grey" rather than the medium?? Is it? I wish there was an in between color of the 2... Like a gunmetal...

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum... So excuse the typos, my iPhone is challenged.

Let's Go Rangers!!!
Jaycal, the grey on the inside of my tub is Item Number: MS-LOG. Item Description: LT QTZ GRAY MSHADES 8oz.
So yeah, it appears to be the light gray.
Unread 06-03-2014, 05:49 PM   #741
jaycal3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeywiz
Jaycal, the grey on the inside of my tub is Item Number: MS-LOG. Item Description: LT QTZ GRAY MSHADES 8oz. So yeah, it appears to be the light gray.
Thanks for clarifying.

KCCO
Unread 06-04-2014, 11:13 AM   #742
slobra300
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have an XJ that I am strongly considering doing the entire out side. My roof and hood clear coat has peeled good over the years with a few minor rust spots. Sides are in good condition but I also have some light hail damage. I was thinking of roughing up the out side, filling in the small dents from hail damage with bondo, sanding smooth, and then rolling Monstaliner on. Aside from ensuring everything is absolutely clean before applying, do you think that would be a good way of filling in the small dings? I would think the Monstaliner would be very forgiving as far as that goes but I wanted to ask the pro!

-Also, what color is the most forgiving? I have always heard black is one of the hardest colors to paint. Does this hold true with Monstaliner also?
slobra300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2014, 08:13 PM   #743
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I wana see more jeeps done in jungle love!!

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2014, 07:42 AM   #744
eduardostewart
1998 TJ Wrangler 

magnetman, can you account for any ideas why Outbreak looks to be so different between post 371 - pg 25 (xj) and post 568 - page 38 (yj)

i know everything can look different because of lighting, but wooooo. i'm hoping my kit is on the xj side
eduardostewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2014, 08:45 AM   #745
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Just looked at the pics you are referring to. It's all photography/lighting. Note that one is indoors prob under flou light, other outdoors under sun. First pic in 568 looks about right to me outdoors. 2nd shot is way to violet. If you've had a chip it will match that

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardostewart View Post
magnetman, can you account for any ideas why Outbreak looks to be so different between post 371 - pg 25 (xj) and post 568 - page 38 (yj)

i know everything can look different because of lighting, but wooooo. i'm hoping my kit is on the xj side
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2014, 08:52 AM   #746
PeterSyz
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Last year, I brought my YJ to the Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival in Butler, PA. It was one of 2 or 3 Monstalined Jeeps there. I had tons of people ask me what it was and more compliments than I expected. People seemed to want to touch it but it was a Jeep show so they knew they shouldn't. After awhile, I embraced strangers putting their hands all over my hood and wrote on the back of a flyer (the opposite of what most guys would want) "Please Touch". Everyone thought it was great. This year, I've embraced it even more.

Eric, I hope it's okay I used the logo! This sign is for my personal use and I figured you wouldn't mind some free marketing.

PeterSyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2014, 09:21 AM   #747
Tonellin
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSyz View Post
Last year, I brought my YJ to the Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival in Butler, PA. It was one of 2 or 3 Monstalined Jeeps there. I had tons of people ask me what it was and more compliments than I expected. People seemed to want to touch it but it was a Jeep show so they knew they shouldn't. After awhile, I embraced strangers putting their hands all over my hood and wrote on the back of a flyer (the opposite of what most guys would want) "Please Touch". Everyone thought it was great. This year, I've embraced it even more.

Eric, I hope it's okay I used the logo! This sign is for my personal use and I figured you wouldn't mind some free marketing.

I've seen you post that thing in a couple places and again I'm gonna say that thing is freakin awesome. I've never really liked overbuilt YJ's so this one just about strikes the perfect balance between capability/driveability for me
Unread 06-12-2014, 10:01 AM   #748
PeterSyz
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellin View Post
I've seen you post that thing in a couple places and again I'm gonna say that thing is freakin awesome. I've never really liked overbuilt YJ's so this one just about strikes the perfect balance between capability/driveability for me
Thank you, that means so much to me. It's my DD so It's right about where I want it right now and the Monstaliner makes it stand out SO MUCH from the crowd.
PeterSyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2014, 10:06 AM   #749
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Of course it's OK
We're going to have an affiliate program later this year so you can make some extra cash talking about Monstaliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSyz View Post

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #750
lordryan93gt
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I like the pose. [IMG][/IMG]
lordryan93gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monstaliner

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.