Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Monstaliner interiors and exteriors

920K views 1K replies 294 participants last post by  BensonSTW 
#1 ·
ONLY POST PICS OR REQUESTS FOR PICS!!!!! Any application, not just jeeps.

Monstaliner QUESTIONS can be answered in this thread! - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/introducing-monstaliner-uv-permanent-diy-roll-bed-liner-875162
More info and buy it here- http://www.monstaliner.com/

Please just post your-

Color

~Amount used for what you covered

Method of application (Rolled / Sprayed / Brushed)
please include
any primer
type of gun & thinner (if used)

&Pics

ONLY!

Here is mine to start
med grey quartz
1 gallon, entire TJ interior up to edges of tub
rolled

See less See more
#1,218 · (Edited)
I've been following this thread for a while, finally have pics to post. Bought this pretty tired 1999 TJ that I'm rehabbing as a Jurassic Park replica.

Friends don't let friends use rattlecan bedliner... Seriously, previous owners are the worst.

Stripping the old bedliner and prepping. Also putting in a full replacement dash.

Prep is getting close to done, and I used the quart of Chassis Saver from the promo to hit the areas where I had gone down to metal trying to remove the crap bedliner. Also, the new dash is installed (doh, the headlight control changed from 99 to 01?)

Bam, a gallon of Sans Panties applied to the inner tub. Really glad I bought the color sample chip set, otherwise I would have never chosen this color going off the web. It's the perfect color to go with my new tan dash, seats, and center console.

Sans Panties seems to be a tough color to get an accurate photo of. It looks more like a brown in some pics, but its way more olive green than brown. I think this is the best pic I have of it:

After having used this stuff now, I have to say its a much better choice than some of the other products I've used in the past. Its very easy and forgiving to apply, and I much prefer the less aggressive texture.

I was on the fence about my Jurassic Park exterior scheme, whether I was going to paint or try something like Monstaliner. Now I'm convinced Monstaliner is the way to go, even if its not ultra movie-accurate.

#1,220 ·
WWII OD Green...

Put some monstaliner on the old 97 TJ project this past Sunday and Monday. It will get finished with black monstaliner on the armor soon. Enjoy!
what kind of prep did you do on the top? roll on? Im trying to figure out what color to do now, not much warm weather left so im going to chasi saver the bottom of my jeep to make sure no rust gathers up over the winter, but next summer im going monsta over everything!!

#1,225 ·
Thinking of doing my snap on tool boxes with red Monsta, anyone tried something like that? I want to do the full outside, inside and outside of drawers. Inside of the box thinking of using the chassis saver. Some input or experience share would be appreciated. So far the a couple of jeep floors, customer counter at work, walkway and few other things. I guess once you go Monsta you never go back

#1,226 ·
I have a question for Monstaliner but figured this might be a better spot to ask since they monitor it as well as the amount of subscribers.

I plan on applying this to a golf cart body and was curious how well it will adhere to this surface after it is scuffed and cleaned. Can anyone let me know their experience with this kind of surface? Will it flex with the body when it flexes?

Also, I plan on applying on aluminum deck plate. How well will this work assuming it is scuffed and cleaned?

#1,229 ·
Hey y'all. After reading through the threads, I decided to take the plunge and paint the tj. A friend of mine just did their samurai and after wheeling it I can see this is some superior solid stuff! The wifey and I decided Red Head from the chip, but would like to see it on a rig. Anyone go redhead and can post a few shots? Thanks!

#1,232 ·
Another update on my Jurassic project, the exterior has also been completed in Monstaliner. Used "Desert Sand" and "Read My Lips Red" for the exterior, and the "Sans Panties" green for the tub interior. It came out fantastic, exactly what I was looking for.

Here's my TJ next to a YJ with the original "Sand Beige" paint that was found on the real movie cars. I think we can definitely say that Desert Sand is the closest Monstaliner color to the Jurassic Park Sand Beige.

#1,234 ·
Finally got the monstaliner down on the inside of my tub. Started with 2 coats of magnapoxy, followed by 2 coats of Monstaliner Pyroclastic sprayed at 80psi.

I'll post some more pics once I get the cage back in, interior reassembled and the exterior painted. Went with Rustoleum Charcoal grey for the cage. It's a very close match, but not perfect, need to get it out in the sunlight to see how close of a match it is.

#1,236 ·
How does the paint hold up on flexy parts? I'm definitely going to roll-on Monstaline my XJ exterior next spring, but I have plastic TJ flares. I have been known to squeeze my flares between trees and regular spray paint has cracked as a result. Just wondering what kind of results people have had with painting plastic parts that take a beating. How long has the paint been on your Jeep?

#1,240 ·
Trying to duplicate the last pick with monsterliner will put 2 coats on in the morning i think i did it ghosts in the monsterliner who would have thought

Attachments

#1,245 ·
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, I have had my Jeep Wrangler for a little over a year and have been toying with the idea of monstaliner. I have been looking through this threads and really like smurfadelic, however it looks like there is a significant difference in color from one persons to another. Does the color vary or will it always look the same?

#1,247 ·
The thing is, its just really hard for most people to capture the accurate color. There's different lighting, different angles, different cameras, and color can vary a lot from one monitor to another.

What you REALLY want to do is order the color sample kit from Monstaliner, its just a few bucks. You get a little bag full of color chips with actual ML rolled on them, and you can see every single color in person. I highly recommend this, don't just go off the website pics. Don't even go off the sample colors on ML's webpage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.