Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Monstaliner interiors and exteriors

920K views 1K replies 294 participants last post by  BensonSTW 
#1 ·
ONLY POST PICS OR REQUESTS FOR PICS!!!!! Any application, not just jeeps.

Monstaliner QUESTIONS can be answered in this thread! - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/introducing-monstaliner-uv-permanent-diy-roll-bed-liner-875162
More info and buy it here- http://www.monstaliner.com/

Please just post your-

Color

~Amount used for what you covered

Method of application (Rolled / Sprayed / Brushed)
please include
any primer
type of gun & thinner (if used)

&Pics

ONLY!

Here is mine to start
med grey quartz
1 gallon, entire TJ interior up to edges of tub
rolled

See less See more
#1,140 ·
pic request:

ok so im wanting to paint my black f350 with either black ML or silver/gray. any good pics of full silver/gray ML paint jobs, on any car/truck? also black too, im browsing this thread, but if anyone has any good pics on hand, post them! the only thing with the black that bothers me is, some jobs look more flat than others (sheen, not texture). i dont like it too flat, it looks cheap/chalky to me. i like a nice satin finish.

the door jams are black so thats why i wanna stick with black, or IF i do a color change, silver/gray wouldn't look to bad with black jams.

what do you guys that do full ML paint jobs do with your jams? does anyone do their jams with bedliner also, or would that affect weatherstripping? always was curious about what people do with their door jams, or how it looks if you leave them stock, like how the separation line looks from the ML to the stock paint in the jam.

#1,141 ·
Look back a few pages and you will see my medium quartz grey and black jeep... And jams get done too... It's not thick enough even after 4-5 heavy coats to mess with gaps and weather stripping in my opinion.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle

#1,142 · (Edited)
did my jurassic park themed jeep in monstaliner colors Killer Beej and Read My Lips and couldn't love it more, the guys that were helping me somehow got some weird pieces of something in it. so I will have to sand down a touch up a couple spots but it looks amazing regardless. Really some stand out stuff, did my door jams and the top of my rails. I have no worries about it chipping and it doesn't hinder my doors or tailgate closing at all. also did my fenders, just made sure they were primed and scuffed and its solid,again just so happy I chose monstaliner over the other liner companies out there, so easy to use and looks great. now I just need 39 more jeeps so I can have one in every color! Also I added a significant number of decals to my vehicle and am very happy with them, they stick really easy to the Monstaliner, I just gave the area a wipe with a rag that had a very light amount of MEK(or acetone) very quickly and then stuck them on and used a ink brayer to roll them to form. worked great and they are definitely stuck down! yet another good reason to choose this stuff over a different liner. Also, I ordered all my decals before choosing my monsta colors for the closest match, totally happy i did, makes it look that much nicer. the wheels and mirrors are spraypainted with Rustoleum 2x Apple Red

sanded down with 80 grit and scuffed, primed and scuffed again is some areas where metal exposed, Rolled it on in my apartments carport over the weekend. Did prep work and first color (Killer Beej) with some help the first day, and did Read My Lips for the stripes all by myself the second day. Took 1 gallon of Killer Beej to do the Base Color (did not do the windshield frame or cowl cover in that color) and did a Little over a Half Gallon for the red since I laid it on a bit thick. still have a quart to do my Killer Beej touchups at a later date too.

Attachments

#1,150 ·
Looks good!

Magnetman, in your opinion, how does Smurfadelic compare to the Hydro Blue Pearl coat on the newer JKs? The more I look at photos, the more similar I think it is, but I have yet to track one down to compare my Smurfadelic color chip too.... Or would one of the new blues you are working on be closer? Not sure if the deep blue effect is achievable with Monstaliner at this point.... Any idea if anyone has used tintable monstaliner with the PPG tint for Hydro Blue?

Alternatively...
Anyone have pics of Smurfadelic exterior with either MQG Interior/accents or Pyroclastic Interior/accents?

Think I've settled on Smurf for the exterior, but I will do the rocker knockers, hood louvre, and interior in either MQG or Pyro... Soft top is the grey LJ top.

#1,151 ·
Well I did my Jeep tub last Christmas after replacing a bunch of rust, and decided to to my Jeep top before I put it on this winter. It was previously black, and the OP had it painted their version of Jeep Spice - but it didn't match the upper doors or the interior. Much better now. Love the texture too - almost the same as OEM on my Dad's TJ.

Sanding - the guys are just posing... It really wasn't bad at all...

MEK'd and ready for Monstaliner.

First coat is on!

Final coat & Tape removed.

On the Jeep. I yanked the window seals as they were falling apart, but couldn't get the window to pop - so I just tapped them off... My windshield buddy is coming to put new seals in them today... Hence the tape - just a precaution :)

#1,158 ·
Kuntryboy816 said:
Jaycal did his exterior in it and it looks awesome. Check the last few pages for his pics.
Thanks man, and I can't go anywhere without being stopped by someone to talk about it. People are so impressed.... And I love the MQG with the black on the hood. I had a body shop guy ask me and he ordered the product to do a bumper with it he loved it so much...

#1,165 ·
CJ7 hard top

One gallon black Monstaliner, had just under a quarter left over.
One coat of Rusolium rusty metal primer after a thorough sanding on original surface under the Monstaliner.
Rolled on two coats of Monstaliner and 2 re-rolls after for texture.
Used the rollers provided with the product.
50%-60% relative humidity at 60-70 degrees Fahrenheit.

More pictures to follow when it gets installed on my 1987 YJ.
DBTO YJ post

facebook CJ7 hardtop album

#1,166 ·
One gallon black Monstaliner, had just under a quarter left over.
One coat of Rusolium rusty metal primer after a thorough sanding on original surface under the Monstaliner.
Rolled on two coats of Monstaliner and 2 re-rolls after for texture.
Used the rollers provided with the product.
50%-60% relative humidity at 60-70 degrees Fahrenheit.

More pictures to follow when it gets installed on my 1987 YJ.
DBTO YJ post

facebook CJ7 hardtop album
Looks good! Nice work. Still repairing rust before I do my interior.

#1,175 ·
Ok got my chips want to do top and bumpers first I'm thinking one gallon for roof and bumpers should be good. If wrong please let me know I am going with midnight for exterior.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#1,178 ·
Well tomorrow's the big day. :2thumbsup: Welded in driver floor pan and a few cracks (F*ck dimes, I weld rolls of gold nuggets), treated all surface rust, pressure washed with TSP, roughed entire interior with the 3M pad, MEK'd it all once, should be good to go. Tomorrow I will MEK again, mask, stuff bolts holes, and roll it on. It was a long path to get here as you can see from my avatar so I'm excited.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.