Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Monstaliner interiors and exteriors

920K views 1K replies 294 participants last post by  BensonSTW 
#1 ·
ONLY POST PICS OR REQUESTS FOR PICS!!!!! Any application, not just jeeps.

Monstaliner QUESTIONS can be answered in this thread! - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/introducing-monstaliner-uv-permanent-diy-roll-bed-liner-875162
More info and buy it here- http://www.monstaliner.com/

Please just post your-

Color

~Amount used for what you covered

Method of application (Rolled / Sprayed / Brushed)
please include
any primer
type of gun & thinner (if used)

&Pics

ONLY!

Here is mine to start
med grey quartz
1 gallon, entire TJ interior up to edges of tub
rolled

See less See more
#958 · (Edited)
Sure.
I used the economy shutz gun and a small electric compressor I rented from home depot. I set the pressure output to about 85 psi and sprayed using 3 to 5 second burst due to the fact I was using a small compressor with a small tank. This kept my average psi output at the gun about 75 psi as the psi will fluctuate a little while spraying.
I also mixed in 4 oz of MEK to the entire gallon and mixed before I poured into the shutz bottle. Each coat after that I would add about 2 more oz of MEK and mix then pour back into to shutz gun can. I ordered three shutz gun screw on cans to prevent any set monstaliner from gumming up the gun or being spat out onto my fresh coat.
Heres a tip... the small quart stirring attachment ( the metal one with the white end) is the perfect size to stick down into the shutz gun to scrape out residue that has built up in the can. I shouldn't have to say this but it's also a good idea to clean the gun and let it sit in MEK after each coat.

Sorry for the novel

#967 ·
New Monstaliner Colors Coming Soon

Over the next 60 days we are working on finalizing a bunch of new colors to be released.

I'm looking for more recommendations on the types of colors people want to see.
Some more greens would be cool!

#977 ·
Yours looks like it has some blue as well.
Magnetman sent me a pdf on how to use paint store tint to tint Monstaliner. I can PM you with it id you would like.
Also, you should get the chip set and compare it to your jeeps paint in the sun light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.