Monstaliner interiors and exteriors - Page 25 - JeepForum.com

 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #361 of 1210 Old 06-02-2013, 06:42 AM
roughknight69
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jamestown ny
Posts: 1,904
Wow very nice!

roughknight69 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 1210 Old 06-02-2013, 10:34 AM
hillie4life
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 339
I've looked and maybe I missed it but does anyone have pictures of monstaliner mixed with metallic flakes? I had never seriously considered painting the exterior of my jeep with any kind of bedliner until I saw some of the pictures of monstaliner in this thread but I would still like the option of adding the flakes myself if possible.

89/91 YJ (Currently in pieces)

"It's always something"
hillie4life is offline  
post #363 of 1210 Old 06-02-2013, 11:01 AM
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,325
I could be wrong but this looks like Herculiner or Durabak
If you can still see paint beneath there is little chance that this is anything but a roll on. Could also be Gator from Dominion

You still want to coat over this? Is it stuck well? Is there any peeling or flaking?


Quote:
Originally Posted by tslroper View Post
Here's a pic. You can see why I want to replace it. It's pretty rough textured (to the point where it tears up even canvas bags like our tent bag) and ou can still see the paint beneath it. The previous owner did a horrible job applying it.



The pic isnt super clear so if you need another just let me know.

I have a feeling its going to be a pain trying to prep that for monstaliner though, one of the reasons I havent done it yet.
magnetman is offline  
post #364 of 1210 Old 06-02-2013, 11:04 AM
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillie4life View Post
I've looked and maybe I missed it but does anyone have pictures of monstaliner mixed with metallic flakes? I had never seriously considered painting the exterior of my jeep with any kind of bedliner until I saw some of the pictures of monstaliner in this thread but I would still like the option of adding the flakes myself if possible.
I'm the only one with pics of metallic in ML and it's not ready for release yet.
magnetman is offline  
post #365 of 1210 Old 06-02-2013, 11:44 AM
Therios
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Portland
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman

I'm the only one with pics of metallic in ML and it's not ready for release yet.
That is just cruel! I am glad that I am not ready to do exterior yet!

By the way, is there any issue with other material adhesion? I know On my way! Have one plastic fenders and such? I would sure like to do my riding mower body as it is starting to fade. But am worried about adhesion as well as damage to the plastic.

Therios Pendragon aka Ken Johnson
2003 maroon Jeep Wrangler SE - Soft top
Hard half doors
-New Bestop replacement
-Orfab front bumper (DONE)
-CRS rear bumper
-CRS rear bumper tire mount swing arm.
-led third light mods that sit in the two spare tire lug holes.
-because of above - removed ugly third light tower completely
-smitty top end grab handles
-20" LED light bar 10 degree spot (installed now and blindingly operational)
-50" LED light bar 20 degree flood ( changed to 30" in center 3 tabs, installed but not wired)
-windshield mount light bar (done)
-winch 8000# smitty
-Monstaliner complete pan in red head(as soon as they deliver it) (done)
-Carpet removed
-corbeau RS reclining seats
-corbeau water proof seat covers
-corbeau seat mount replacements (removes tilt forward passenger seat)
-AXD 430 receiver http://www.crutchfield.com/p_070AXD4...-Receiver.html
-hood hinge mount for my hi lift jack
-Headlight replacements
-tremendous mt 31.5/10.5 15s on nice alloy rims
-Everything else is stock... For now

-next items
Led dash replacements

Led square lights for 6 free mounting tabs
Led backup lights
Therios is offline  
post #366 of 1210 Old 06-02-2013, 01:54 PM
lynskynbnd
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: warrenton
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
I'm the only one with pics of metallic in ML and it's not ready for release yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therios View Post
That is just cruel! I am glad that I am not ready to do exterior yet!

By the way, is there any issue with other material adhesion? I know On my way! Have one plastic fenders and such? I would sure like to do my riding mower body as it is starting to fade. But am worried about adhesion as well as damage to the plastic.
I'm wondering if it would be better to do a clear coat over the ML with metalic or metal flake mixed in. I did see a ML job w/ clear coat applied over it much earlier in this thread that looked good.

I personally like the satin/low gloss finish of ML.
lynskynbnd is offline  
post #367 of 1210 Old 06-02-2013, 02:25 PM
tslroper
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
I could be wrong but this looks like Herculiner or Durabak
If you can still see paint beneath there is little chance that this is anything but a roll on. Could also be Gator from Dominion

You still want to coat over this? Is it stuck well? Is there any peeling or flaking?
The blue you see is the paint beneath it so its a not well applied. I would like to coat over it at some point as that stuff is very rough textured and (obviously) isnt fully covering the paint. Theres no flaking or peeling, its stuck pretty well. What are my options?

1990 YJ Islander, 4.2L MC2100 DUI HEI, 2.5" RE lift, 31x10.50 DuraTracs, HandenFab rear bumper / swing-out, Tough Terrain
off-road camp trailer.
Build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/tys-yj-build-1502554/
tslroper is offline  
post #368 of 1210 Old 06-02-2013, 02:40 PM
hillie4life
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynskynbnd View Post
I'm wondering if it would be better to do a clear coat over the ML with metalic or metal flake mixed in. I did see a ML job w/ clear coat applied over it much earlier in this thread that looked good.

I personally like the satin/low gloss finish of ML.
This is kind of what I was thinking, just didn't know if some one had done this or just added metal flakes to ML (or another bedliner), which can be found all over.

Since ML doesnt make it yet and apparently aren't releasing pictures of this extremely common practice in automotive painting(?)

I'll just look elsewhere in the meantime.

89/91 YJ (Currently in pieces)

"It's always something"
hillie4life is offline  
post #369 of 1210 Old 06-02-2013, 07:02 PM
lynskynbnd
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: warrenton
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillie4life View Post
This is kind of what I was thinking, just didn't know if some one had done this or just added metal flakes to ML (or another bedliner), which can be found all over.

Since ML doesnt make it yet and apparently aren't releasing pictures of this extremely common practice in automotive painting(?)

I'll just look elsewhere in the meantime.
The ML facebook page had some silver ML test pics posted a couple months ago. The metalic particles would not spread out evenly. Most automotive paints that are metalic or metal flake have the a clear coat with the metalic/metal flake in it. Most paints as ML is are not opake enough for the metalic or metal flake to show through.
lynskynbnd is offline  
post #370 of 1210 Old 07-21-2013, 10:29 PM
SHAKEnBLAKE
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus
Posts: 1,359
On topic, here are some pics of Monstaliner.









It's done pretty well so far. I think I managed to gouge it in one place when I was installing the rear seat. It has held up around the tub rails, where the hard top rubs. It was pretty much a one man project from start to finish, and it took me way longer than anticipated, but I took my time and I'm happy with the outcome.

Ohio4x4.com
SHAKEnBLAKE is offline  
post #371 of 1210 Old 07-21-2013, 11:23 PM
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,325
Nice job SHAKEnBLAKE

Here's an Outbreak sprayed XJ exterior
Attached Thumbnails
1077662_541696579225445_119468613_o.jpg  
magnetman is offline  
post #372 of 1210 Old 07-21-2013, 11:25 PM
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,325
95 Landcruiser
Rolled Sans Panties lower half
Attached Images
   
magnetman is offline  
post #373 of 1210 Old 07-22-2013, 12:06 AM
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!
 
ashland82391's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler
Posts: 7,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
95 Landcruiser
Rolled Sans Panties lower half
I like the idea but I'm not feelin the color combo
ashland82391 is offline  
post #374 of 1210 Old 07-22-2013, 01:58 PM
PurpleTJ
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Okemos
Posts: 1,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
I like the idea but I'm not feelin the color combo
x2. Dope Landcruiser though

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDustMan View Post
I took a poo once, and when I stood up, there was nothing in the toilet. I was positively terrified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is offline  
post #375 of 1210 Old 07-22-2013, 05:54 PM
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,325
magnetman is offline  
Reply

Tags
monstaliner

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Tinted Monstaliner Painted Exteriors roughknight69 Jeep Picture Requests 4 03-28-2015 05:10 AM
Customized Interiors!... Thisisaustin Jeep Picture Requests 20 04-26-2014 08:48 PM
TJs with two toned interiors? private Jeep Picture Requests 0 04-13-2011 03:13 AM
Early XJ interiors ArrizX Jeep Picture Requests 3 06-22-2009 09:22 AM
XJ Interiors -Shoey- Jeep Picture Requests 13 02-24-2009 11:25 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome