Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Monstaliner interiors and exteriors

920K views 1K replies 294 participants last post by  BensonSTW 
#1 ·
ONLY POST PICS OR REQUESTS FOR PICS!!!!! Any application, not just jeeps.

Monstaliner QUESTIONS can be answered in this thread! - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/introducing-monstaliner-uv-permanent-diy-roll-bed-liner-875162
More info and buy it here- http://www.monstaliner.com/

Please just post your-

Color

~Amount used for what you covered

Method of application (Rolled / Sprayed / Brushed)
please include
any primer
type of gun & thinner (if used)

&Pics

ONLY!

Here is mine to start
med grey quartz
1 gallon, entire TJ interior up to edges of tub
rolled

See less See more
#681 ·
Finished up my interior today! Don't mind the roll bars there getting painted midnight special when I do the exterior in a week or two :2thumbsup:

Attachments

#682 ·
1 gallon black kit (should have ordered an additional quart). Ordered extra rollers. Bought a bunch of aftermarket paint brushes, but the bristles keep falling out. Ran out of Monstaliner about 7/8ths of the way through, some areas only have a very light coating. I could never get the texture as rugged as I wanted.

Attachments

#689 ·
Penetrol is a paint additive, you can pick it up at any hardware store for about $10/can. It has a side use as a fiberglass restorative for boats--or Jeep hard tops. It takes a few days to dry and it's sticky when first applied, so do it in a garage and leave it alone or you'll get bugs and dust stuck on. Just paint it on with a sponge brush, I use less than 1/2 can for the hard top every few years. I mean, it's amazing the job it'll do. Your hard top will look freshly painted and shiny. I just put it on my 16 year old hard top a week ago, I'll get a pic up this afternoon. But google penetrol and Jeep hard top and you'll see some examples.

I LOVE Monstaliner in my tub. But I really think it's designed for hard surfaces like metals. Fiberglass can flex a bit and you don't want it to flake off.

#690 ·
Sprayed on 1 gallon interior and 2 gallons exterior. Used 2 medium coats to cover well and didn't worry about texture and then did 4 very light coats about an hour apart at 85 psi with the economy shutz gun to create a rougher texture. I think the texture turned out perfect for what I wanted. I didn't thin the liner either. I'll post completed pics once it's out of the booth and put back together.

#691 ·
Nice

Sent from my Nexus 7 using JeepForum

#693 ·
Monstalined midnight special! :D this was right after application of a gallon. I have another gallon, but I ran into some issues and had to put the jeep away for the night while I took care of things. I'm suprised on how well the gallon covered the jeep. We'll see how it dries and looks tomorow. If it's good I might just wait till some other time to scuff up and apply the other gallon

Edit: 3/4 back together

Attachments

#694 ·
how is this stuff holding up on floor pans etc? Is it drying out and chipping like some other bed liner kits? I did my YJ in 08 with duplicolor and its horrible. If this stuff is a good product which so far really looks to be I plan to use it when I repaint the jeep this spring. Even using it as a rocker guard on the quarters.

#695 ·
Should Bondo work be primed before liner application?

#698 ·
dukie564 said:
yea an epoxy primer like ^ is what you want. Has anyone installed this over sound deadening material on the floors?
i have on on my zj and my monstaliner is starting to crack and pull up a bit on the sound deadening meterial. I would sand the deadening down if I were to do it again.

Attachments

#704 ·
Exterior time..

exterior is desert sand, i used the whole 2 gal, but 1 gal gave me 2 coats, so with the 2nd gallon i did 2 more coats and had enough left to do 2 coats on my sport bar. love this color combo, i just hate waiting for this to cure, i just want to put it back together.... So inpatient :drool:
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

#706 ·
Help me out here. You said epoxy primer over Bondo before Monstaliner. Is there any wiggle room on this? I just discovered that epoxy primer has to be applied with a paint gun, which I don't have, but could probably borrow, but never used one before. I only have 2 small areas that are body filled. I will do this properly, but any chance I can just use a self-etcher in the spray can or something similar?
Thanks.

#707 ·
Help me out here. You said epoxy primer over Bondo before Monstaliner. Is there any wiggle room on this? I just discovered that epoxy primer has to be applied with a paint gun, which I don't have, but could probably borrow, but never used one before. I only have 2 small areas that are body filled. I will do this properly, but any chance I can just use a self-etcher in the spray can or something similar?
Thanks.
Use a good spray can of automotive primer for small areas. Non self etching

#710 ·
Sweet. Glad I asked. Ty.

#712 ·
Wherever sight line ends for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.