Monstaliner interiors and exteriors - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Monstaliner interiors and exteriors

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #286
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

piglife68TJ99 that's a great color combo with the Pyro and BBath which is one of my favorites. Pyro really goes well with any color

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #287
piglife68TJ99

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks!!! I am thinking of doing the pyroclastic on the bumpers, sliders, and hood louvre and tube fenders when i get them. What do you think? Ithink it will be different and I like different!

Born in Detroit, Baptised on the beaches of Normandy.....Jeep!! Legends belong with legends.
piglife68TJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2013, 01:35 PM   #288
Neuner-9R
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Pics? I'm about a week away from having the funds to place my order and would like to see how it holds up down the line.

Thanks
Cheers
I was anxious to Monstaline mine but thought I'd hold off until I saw photos of it after it had been on for some time to see how it held up. Couldn't find any so I took the samples and attached them to the top of my kids swing set out in the full Texas sun and heat. Was disappointed after just 8 months which was only through the winter and not in the worst of the heat. I was glad I didn't use it. I had black, OD green, Pyro and light gray. The black got brittle and was easy to snap off although it held it's scheen the best. The others got a little chalky and lost whatever sheen they had. I was not impressed at all. I instead rolled on High Heat BBQ rustoleum on my CJ because my BBQ has held up really well for 2 years now in the same conditions. It looks awesome and I get a lot of compliments.
Neuner-9R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2013, 01:43 PM   #289
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuner-9R View Post
I was anxious to Monstaline mine but thought I'd hold off until I saw photos of it after it had been on for some time to see how it held up. Couldn't find any so I took the samples and attached them to the top of my kids swing set out in the full Texas sun and heat. Was disappointed after just 8 months which was only through the winter and not in the worst of the heat. I was glad I didn't use it. I had black, OD green, Pyro and light gray. The black got brittle and was easy to snap off although it held it's scheen the best. The others got a little chalky and lost whatever sheen they had. I was not impressed at all. I instead rolled on High Heat BBQ rustoleum on my CJ because my BBQ has held up really well for 2 years now in the same conditions. It looks awesome and I get a lot of compliments.
Thanks for the info.
This scares me now. Did you prep it according to the instructions?
I hope Eric chimes in and says something positive. That alone is enough to make me second guess spending $400.00+ on Monsta just to have it fail after a year or two....

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2013, 04:41 PM   #290
Viencent
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Thanks for the info.
I hope Eric chimes in and says something positive. That alone is enough to make me second guess spending $400.00+ on Monsta just to have it fail after a year or two....

Cheers
not sure about the paint chips but mine is holding up great, cant see or feel any diffent from when it went on a year and a half ago. And Im here in Texas and the jeep s outdoors 24/7
Viencent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 07:10 AM   #291
goducks3620
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't had mine on their very long (couple months) but this is good stuff. You're basically going to have a plasticy, bumpy paint coating the inside of your tub when you're done. You could gouge it if you really tried with something sharp and metallic, but it's great weekend warrior type stuff. Make sure you get extra rollers, you'll need them, this stuff gets pretty thick. And don't paint over bolts in your center hump that you may need to access to change a clutch--doah! Just had to redo that area with a patch-up kit.
goducks3620 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #292
Kuntryboy816
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuner-9R

Could it be that you are basing your product review on the weaterhing of the sample chips, maybe?? It's on a cardboard type backing. I'd lend more credit to your review if you'd Monstaliner a pc of metal and then let it weather. I can use just about any paint in the planet on cardboard and then snap it in half once dried. Just my opinion but I don't believe your review is an accurate depiction of real-world application.

The sample chips are to show color and texture... not durability. Though I'm sure the liner sample itself will far outlast the backing it's been applied to,
Unread 04-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #293
djdoe
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuntryboy816 View Post

Could it be that you are basing your product review on the weaterhing of the sample chips, maybe?? It's on a cardboard type backing. I'd lend more credit to your review if you'd Monstaliner a pc of metal and then let it weather. I can use just about any paint in the planet on cardboard and then snap it in half once dried. Just my opinion but I don't believe your review is an accurate depiction of real-world application.

The sample chips are to show color and texture... not durability. Though I'm sure the liner sample itself will far outlast the backing it's been applied to,
What he said 

DJ
djdoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #294
SkippyPB13
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuntryboy816

What he said.

[url]www.SkippyKustoms.com[/url]
SkippyPB13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #295
piglife68TJ99

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuntryboy816 View Post

I agree as well. I put this down on my tub and it is tough!! Going to do my exterior in Blood Bath once it arrives!!

Born in Detroit, Baptised on the beaches of Normandy.....Jeep!! Legends belong with legends.
piglife68TJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 11:42 PM   #296
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

The material we use to make chips is over catalyzed to make it cure faster so I'm not surprised in anything you describe that happened to them. Go by the experience of those who have used it and what is said. Chips are designed for color selection and for people to see the options in texture

Monstaliner is harder than most other DIY products. We did this intentionally because of where it's being used. If it's too soft it will scratch easy. The amount you have to bend it to snap it does not happen in most cases unless you have it on an exterior and it get's an impact that buckles the surface.

If anyone else has concerns over this feel free to ask questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuner-9R View Post
Quote:
Thanks for the info.

Cheers
Unread 04-05-2013, 07:39 AM   #297
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Monstaliner Sans Panties next to Jeep Commando on the left, rolled
sans-ext-1.jpg  

Last edited by magnetman; 04-07-2013 at 02:55 PM..
Unread 04-06-2013, 01:14 AM   #298
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman
Monstaliner Sans Panties next to Jeep Commando on the left
Man that looks awesome! Every time I see these makes me want to do my jeep!

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #299
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Smurfadelic baaaabyy!

Sprayed
893543_358040220967046_1658171536_o.jpg  
Unread 04-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #300
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

White sprayed with spattered & hand printed Blood Bath

46116_505662002811283_2055293259_n.jpg   897149_546183848759098_1611203205_o.jpg   472883_453741251336692_1915463502_o.jpg  

Tags
monstaliner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.