Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Mirrors with full soft doors

956 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  LGriffith 
#1 ·
Just got a set of Bestop 2-piece soft doors and need a driver's side mirror (atleast) to keep it legal. Preferrably something that is on the door itself and will come off with the doors without too much work; so I can put my full doors back on with their mirrors.

Ideas?

#3 ·
Don't waste your money on mirror movers for 03-06 mirrors. Look at pictures of them installed and read reviews from people who have used them if you don't believe me. I think mine were on for a total of two days before I ripped them off and put them on ebay.

I picked up an older style driver's side mirror for free from a guy on here and bought a set of mirror movers off ebay. I put it on when the soft top and soft doors go on in Spring and take it off when the hard top and hard doors go on in Winter.

#4 ·
I have to agree with above post. I bought the 03-06 mirror movers and they suck. I then bought the older style ones and modified my mirrors off of my 05 to fit (there is a writeup by someone if you search). I wouldnt buy the Bestop brackets that go on the doors because if you want to take your doors off you are left without mirrors, I like the windshield mounted ones. The only problem is the mirror on the passengers side is a bit difficult to see out of because it is blocked by the door. I solved this by mounting one of those small round blind spot mirrors on my passengers side mirror. Below is a pic of the older style mirror mover with my 05 mirror mounted on it.

#5 ·
I just got soft doors last week. From what research I've done, I've decided I'm going with what rmb2485 suggests. It looks better and I don't have to tear apart the mirrors that came on my hard doors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.