Metal Cloak Fenders:Before and After shots - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Metal Cloak Fenders:Before and After shots

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #91
K-Bomb
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Is it a common issue with the hood rubbing on Metalcloak's?

K-Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2011, 06:16 AM   #92
brinoff

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Mine did. It just took some gentle bending/flexing of the sides (nothing extreme or noticable) to solve it. A person on each side, gently pressing in at the same time, test the fit, and repeat until the rub is gone. However, some of the bolts that hold the aluminum liner to the fender still rub the underside of the hood. Makes an annoying squeaking sound. I placed some foam tape over these bolts to solve that problem.
93YJ 4.0 I6, AX-15, NP231 Teraflex SYE, Tom Wood Drive Shaft, G2 D44 ARB, ARB locked 30, T&T customs axle trusses, ProComp 35" Mud Terrain, RE SD 4" Lift, Daystar 1" BL, Harbor Freight 8000 Winch, Swing Away Tire Carrier, and some other stuff.
brinoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #93
Jeepzcb09
1998 TJ Wrangler 

my hood rubs, but not really a big deal

Believe.
Jeepzcb09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #94
_Kevin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Mine rubbed both ways that brinoff mentioned. We pushed in on both sides to fix the rubbing on the tube, then broke out the BFH to fix the the rubbing on the bolts.

[QUOTE=JeepinSurprise;10042634]Did you really think you were getting a cushy/dry ride when you bought a vehicle with DRAINS on the inside?!?![/QUOTE]
_Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #95
TippmannA-5
1989 YJ Wrangler 

http://images47.fotki.com/v1499/phot...MG_5804-vi.jpg
If you don't mind. Where did you get those half doors?
Yellow Jeep Club Member #4.2
Every time a bird craps on my jeep, I sit on my front porch and eat scrambled eggs to show them what i'm capable of!
TippmannA-5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2011, 08:07 AM   #96
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Bomb View Post
We've noticed that about 50% of the hoods out there will rub a little. But as mentioned by Brinoff and Kdizzle all you do is roll in you hood a little right at the rub point with the palms of your hands and it takes care of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinoff
However, some of the bolts that hold the aluminum liner to the fender still rub the underside of the hood. Makes an annoying squeaking sound. I placed some foam tape over these bolts to solve that problem.
Brinoff, can you email me pics of your bolts hitting the hood? Send them to matson@metalcloak.com. I would like to see what the issue is.

For quotes or customer service Click Here

Lots and Lots of Videos: https://www.youtube.com/metalcloak
matsonian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #97
GDZJEEP
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsonian View Post
We've noticed that about 50% of the hoods out there will rub a little. But as mentioned by Brinoff and Kdizzle all you do is roll in you hood a little right at the rub point with the palms of your hands and it takes care of it.

Brinoff, can you email me pics of your bolts hitting the hood? Send them to matson@metalcloak.com. I would like to see what the issue is.
I'd like to see pics of where they're rubbing too. I was thinking about getting these fenders, but want to make sure they will fit ok with all the stainless I have under my hood. Don't need any rubbing that's for sure.
GDZJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2011, 08:31 PM   #98
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDZJEEP View Post
I'd like to see pics of where they're rubbing too. I was thinking about getting these fenders, but want to make sure they will fit ok with all the stainless I have under my hood. Don't need any rubbing that's for sure.
I can take a pic of where mine rubbed the paint a little and post em up tomorrow.
Unread 03-21-2011, 07:17 AM   #99
Woodenya
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuzz View Post
I can take a pic of where mine rubbed the paint a little and post em up tomorrow.
Any more info on this bolt rubbing deal?....
'06 TJ [B]Rubi[/B] (Light Metalic Khaki) 6sp, Bought 3-10 w/6500 miles. 31 MTR's, UCF alum UHC T-case & engine skid w/ LoPro, Rokmen gas tank & steer gear skid, Ridler dif covers F/R, Warn 8274-50, Optima Yellow top, Pro Comp front 3/4" spacers, Currie 1" BL, Bomb Proof MML, Novak cable shifter, AGR Super Box 2, Warn rear bumper/tire carrier, Rubi locker mod/pumps moved to engine bay, OBA. Build to come...
Woodenya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2011, 07:26 AM   #100
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippmannA-5 View Post
http://images47.fotki.com/v1499/phot...MG_5804-vi.jpg
If you don't mind. Where did you get those half doors?
Moab 4x4 Outpost

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2011, 08:00 AM   #101
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Bomb View Post
I took a saw, BFH, and welder to my fenders before I had them powder coated and I have no rubbing at all!

I don't any before/after pics, but here is how mine sits with 33s and 2.5" of lift. Sad thing is that I have more room for uptravel than my shocks will allow. Hopefully that won't be the case when I slap on a set of 35s in the distant future.

imag0670.jpg
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2011, 09:29 PM   #102
brinoff

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodenya View Post
Any more info on this bolt rubbing deal?....
Yes. The hood rubs on the bolts on both driver and passenger side as well as at the back of the aluminum liner. In my pics you can see the small circular rub on the bottom of the hood from the bolt head. You can also see the residue of the foam tape strip I used to solve it. On the fender side, I marked it with black overspray to see where the rub would be. You can see the paint rubbed off of the bolt heads, a small thin strip behind the bolt, and on the back edge of the aluminum liner. NONE of this is a big deal. Some minor bending with a small hammer, or some foam tape solved all the annoying squeaks.

93YJ 4.0 I6, AX-15, NP231 Teraflex SYE, Tom Wood Drive Shaft, G2 D44 ARB, ARB locked 30, T&T customs axle trusses, ProComp 35" Mud Terrain, RE SD 4" Lift, Daystar 1" BL, Harbor Freight 8000 Winch, Swing Away Tire Carrier, and some other stuff.
brinoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2011, 05:45 AM   #103
33shooter
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Stock

BDS 2" and 33" KM2's

After
33shooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2011, 07:31 AM   #104
scs2016
2004 TJ Wrangler 

33shooter -- that's really nice looking.
scs2016 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2011, 08:19 AM   #105
jmonier
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Love these things, just need the rears now
forumrunner_20110322_091841.jpg   forumrunner_20110322_091908.jpg  
jmonier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.