metal cloak fender coverage state inspection concern - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > metal cloak fender coverage state inspection concern

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-13-2011, 11:47 PM   #1
donnyb373
2004 TJ Wrangler 

metal cloak fender coverage state inspection concern

how much do the fenders cover? i want these bad but in Maine the tires have to be covered in order for it to pass yearly inspection.

anyone got pics?

donnyb373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 12:00 AM   #2
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Pics of what sort of configuration. Lots of pics I can refer to you, but what is your tire size and desired flare size?

For quotes or customer service Click Here

Lots and Lots of Videos: https://www.youtube.com/metalcloak
matsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 12:54 AM   #3
donnyb373
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i have 35" tires the tires now stick 3" roughly past the stock fenders. i was going to order the rough country 7" fender flares and they would cover the tire perfectly. but i would LOVE to have a set of metal cloaks.
Unread 09-14-2011, 08:40 AM   #4
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyb373 View Post
i have 35" tires the tires now stick 3" roughly past the stock fenders. i was going to order the rough country 7" fender flares and they would cover the tire perfectly. but i would LOVE to have a set of metal cloaks.
How wide are your tires? And what is your backspacing?

For comparison purposes, our 6" flares measure about 8" from the hood at the widest point.

You can see here in this diagram from our website where the widest point of the flares are.

For quotes or customer service Click Here

Lots and Lots of Videos: https://www.youtube.com/metalcloak
matsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 10:40 PM   #5
donnyb373
2004 TJ Wrangler 

my tires are 12.5 wide and my rim backspacing is just a tad more than stock. I dont know the exact backspacing off the top of my head. but like i said the tires stick out 3" past the stock fender flares now, question is how much more tire coverage will I get with your flares over stock?
Unread 09-15-2011, 12:05 PM   #6
scubamc
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyb373 View Post
my tires are 12.5 wide and my rim backspacing is just a tad more than stock. I dont know the exact backspacing off the top of my head. but like i said the tires stick out 3" past the stock fender flares now, question is how much more tire coverage will I get with your flares over stock?
It is going to be hard for anyone to answer your questions without knowing what backspacing you are running. If you look at the diagram that Matson posted you can see that the outer measurement from wheel to wheel is 70 3/8". Chances are those tires are probably 12.5" wide. So go grab you two straight edges and a tape measure and she what you have. If you come to 70 3/8" or less you should be good.
scubamc is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.