Matte Hoods - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Matte Hoods

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! The Ruffstuff 9" Disc Brake brackets!

Unread 08-01-2015, 07:45 PM   #1
xero190
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Matte Hoods

I've been thinking about plasti-dipping the hood on my LJ matte olive green. Does any one have pictures of black jeeps with olive hoods? Other colors also welcome!

xero190 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2015, 08:26 PM   #2
IH8PEPL
Build thread coming soon

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xero190 View Post
I've been thinking about plasti-dipping the hood on my LJ matte olive green. Does any one have pictures of black jeeps with olive hoods? Other colors also welcome!
I would think if you had a black jeep and plastidipped just the hood a different color - your jeep is going to look like you put a takeoff junkyard part on it. If you did the center raised portion of the hood in olive it might look ok. Just my opinion.

And holy f*** I actually found a pic of the color combo you were looking for ;
IH8PEPL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2015, 08:42 PM   #3
xero190
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thats what im worried about. I think the color combo on that yj looks good. A few days after I got my jeep my brother pointed out that my hood was a different color, come to find out the hood was repainted but the color match wasnt very good. I have no clue why I didnt notice it before I bought it but now it sticks out. I'm trying to find some way to make it look a little better without spending all the money on a good repaint.
Unread 08-01-2015, 08:44 PM   #4
IH8PEPL
Build thread coming soon

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xero190 View Post
A few days after I got my jeep my brother pointed out that my hood was a different color, come to find out the hood was repainted but the color match wasnt very good.
Can you post up some pics of the color difference?
Unread 08-01-2015, 08:47 PM   #5
xero190
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I' ll try to get a few photos of it tomorrow when its light out and get them posted.
Unread 08-02-2015, 03:51 PM   #6
xero190
2006 LJ Wrangler 

That's the current color difference. It's really noticeable in the bright sunlight.
20150802_163021_1438552201914.jpg   20150802_163045_1438552222635.jpg  
Unread 08-02-2015, 04:31 PM   #7
IH8PEPL
Build thread coming soon

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Its not horrible... but I see what you are talking about. If I were in your shoes - this is what I would do...

1) Take the hood to a Macco if you have one near by and have them repaint it for a $100-$150 bucks. If I remember right, black is one car color that doesn't need to be blended into other panels to get an even match. Check with other auto paint shops in your area to see what just the hood would cost to repaint.

2) Buy some of this factory touch up paint and make a fun project out of it. This paint works really well right out of the can and will be a solid match to your factory paint. Go to a auto parts store and get some rattle can clear coat, maybe buff it to get more shine out of it. Can be done for $100 or so.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/92156_20XX_PG.htm

3) Rattle can that B****! Here's my $80 Krylon rattlecan paint job for the entire jeep.

Like I said before... to plastidip just the hood would look off, and you would still be in the same boat as you are in now (mismatched hood color). But then again, you could just plastidip the whole jeep .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.