Loaded Roof Racks - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Loaded Roof Racks

Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 01-20-2014, 09:00 PM   #1
ofcrtj
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ATLANTA, GA
Posts: 108
Loaded Roof Racks

Lets see your Loaded down roof racks, open to all jeeps. I would really like to see how you guys secure your cargo.

ofcrtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 10:15 AM   #2
RubiLongSox
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Duck River, TN
Posts: 55
about 200 lbs of boats
jeep-boats.jpg

__________________
2006 LJ Rubicon
1948 Willys CJ2A
RubiLongSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 10:46 AM   #3
ofcrtj
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ATLANTA, GA
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiLongSox View Post
about 200 lbs of boats
What kind of rack is that?
ofcrtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 07:53 PM   #4
RubiLongSox
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Duck River, TN
Posts: 55
It's the Kargo Master Kongo Cage. I really like it so far. It hinges in the back for putting the soft top up and down. You have to take it off to put on the hardtop but it's only two more bolts and it's easier too take on and off with two people than the hardtop is.
__________________
2006 LJ Rubicon
1948 Willys CJ2A
RubiLongSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 08:05 PM   #5
michigan37
Member
 
michigan37's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 191
I have the same rack with the same cargo!
image-2641274291.jpg

michigan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 08:22 PM   #6
RubiLongSox
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Duck River, TN
Posts: 55
Hell yeah, waiting for it to get warm again to I can get back on the water!
__________________
2006 LJ Rubicon
1948 Willys CJ2A
RubiLongSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2014, 05:18 PM   #7
HKguy
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Weatherford, Oklahoma
Posts: 55
Not loaded down but the hi-lift resides on the other side up top. Jerry can and the yeti do get a little tall for some trees. I keep the top rack off most of the time to fit in the garage (it now has a 5.5 lift and 35's) and the lights just fit under the garage door. I got the whole body armor setup off CL for $500, the top rack is aluminum and very light and easy to throw up there. I'm not big on the huge name they have cut into the upper rack but other than that I'm happy with it.
027-800x600-.jpg

__________________
80' CJ7, 98' TJ Sahara, 13' JK Rubicon Unlimited
HKguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2014, 05:32 PM   #8
1CleanTJ
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North-east CT
Posts: 1,943
me and my wife bring this boat out fising when we can

1CleanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2014, 02:22 PM   #9
ofcrtj
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ATLANTA, GA
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKguy View Post
Not loaded down but the hi-lift resides on the other side up top. Jerry can and the yeti do get a little tall for some trees. I keep the top rack off most of the time to fit in the garage (it now has a 5.5 lift and 35's) and the lights just fit under the garage door. I got the whole body armor setup off CL for $500, the top rack is aluminum and very light and easy to throw up there. I'm not big on the huge name they have cut into the upper rack but other than that I'm happy with it.
did you have to drill into the tub??
ofcrtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 03:16 PM   #10
HKguy
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Weatherford, Oklahoma
Posts: 55
There was no drilling, just replacing some longer bolts where it ties into the window hinge and it actually bolts back to the frame in the rear off of the bumper hardware. With my first bumper I built the stock brackets worked. I got an aftermarket rear bumper so I had to cut them down and welded up some that would and it still fits fine. It was a CL steal so I'm not sure what all it came with new, but the price was right and it hasn't given me any problems yet.
__________________
80' CJ7, 98' TJ Sahara, 13' JK Rubicon Unlimited
HKguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #11
ofcrtj
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ATLANTA, GA
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKguy View Post
There was no drilling, just replacing some longer bolts where it ties into the window hinge and it actually bolts back to the frame in the rear off of the bumper hardware. With my first bumper I built the stock brackets worked. I got an aftermarket rear bumper so I had to cut them down and welded up some that would and it still fits fine. It was a CL steal so I'm not sure what all it came with new, but the price was right and it hasn't given me any problems yet.
well it looks awesome
ofcrtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 04:04 PM   #12
Anticanman
Follow Me
 
Anticanman's Avatar
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 18,411
I don't necessarily have a hard rack but its a soft net rack from Raingler.



Just a little camping gear. I loaded more after I took this picture.
__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 10:47 AM   #13
b0bbymc
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Texarkana, Ar
Posts: 176
This is my jeep and gobi rack last May... I was headed to my buddy's house to unload one of the kayaks into his truck and load my Old Town Appalachian onto my rack for our annual Buffalo River trip... Can't wait till this years trip!!!
image-64463631.jpg

image-1641154922.jpg

b0bbymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 11:07 AM   #14
offroadaction
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Kamloops, BC
Posts: 65
Kargomaster rack.

__________________
Wes Kibble-Kamloops, BC
www.offroadaction.ca
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/super-slow-silver-tj-build-1531646
My Super Slow Silver Build
offroadaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 11:41 AM   #15
michigan37
Member
 
michigan37's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bbymc
This is my jeep and gobi rack last May... I was headed to my buddy's house to unload one of the kayaks into his truck and load my Old Town Appalachian onto my rack for our annual Buffalo River trip... Can't wait till this years trip!!!
Great looking LJ. GOBI racks are awesome. I'm going to try to make a lopro style basket for my congo cage.
michigan37 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.