LJ hard half top and roll cage setups! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > LJ hard half top and roll cage setups!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 03-09-2014, 06:13 PM   #1
aaron580
2006 LJ Wrangler 

LJ hard half top and roll cage setups!

Hey all, just got my LJ and have wanted to do a gr8tops half hard top, but I want to see the options for roll bars and roll cage. Lets see your setups! Also, where do you get these roll cages?

This is what I would like to model mine after:

aaron580 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #2
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

That is a nice looking jeep. Any cage like that would probably will have to be custom.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2014, 01:35 PM   #3
Mud Machine
Jeep Addict

2005 LJ Wrangler 

The cage outside is completely custom and the cage inside is part factory and part Rock Hard.

Quote:
Does your gas tank overflow at the pump?
SUBMIT FORMAL COMPLAINT HERE!

2005 Rubicon LJ Unlimited - 4 1/2" BDS Suspension - 285/75/16 Toyo M/T's - 12,000# Winch - Ground Pounder Fab Rear Bumper - FabRieckAtions Custom Front Bumper - Overkill Engineering Tube Fenders - GR8 Half Top - Rock Hard Cage - Banks Monster Exhaust - 5.13 Gears - High Performance Flux Capacitor

1976 CJ-7 - 33" Super Swampers - BDS 4" Suspension - 6 Point Roll Cage
Mud Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2014, 03:01 PM   #4
Machinist
1995 YJ Wrangler 

It looks like you used all bolt on connections.Can I ask why you did this instead of welding all the tube in?Great looking cage just wondering why you did it that way
Machinist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2014, 03:16 PM   #5
Mud Machine
Jeep Addict

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Mainly because I wasn't confident enough in my welding skills at the time. Probably would go the weld in route if I was to do it now. The rear section would still have the tube clamps just behind the top either way so that it can be removed should I need or want to take the top off.

Quote:

2005 Rubicon LJ Unlimited - 4 1/2" BDS Suspension - 285/75/16 Toyo M/T's - 12,000# Winch - Ground Pounder Fab Rear Bumper - FabRieckAtions Custom Front Bumper - Overkill Engineering Tube Fenders - GR8 Half Top - Rock Hard Cage - Banks Monster Exhaust - 5.13 Gears - High Performance Flux Capacitor

Unread 03-16-2014, 04:59 PM   #6
aaron580
2006 LJ Wrangler 

That is sweet. Can you remove that spare mount?
aaron580 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2014, 06:14 AM   #7
Scram
2005 LJ Wrangler 

What is the start-finish cost....already have the LJ.
Scram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2014, 01:55 PM   #8
Tonellin
2006 LJ Wrangler 

There is a guy on here with an LJ he calls it 'franken-LJ' or something. It's greyish/black stretched on white wagon wheels (?) and just all around badass. He just posted a pic of it recently in which he is working on finishing the cage for his half top conversion and it looks awesome. I'm sure he'd be able to give a good estimate pricing wise for a do-it-yourselfer
Unread 03-17-2014, 03:23 PM   #9
Mud Machine
Jeep Addict

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron580 View Post
That is sweet. Can you remove that spare mount?
Thank you!
Yes, four bolts hold it to the rear portion of the cage. Needed to be removable should I want to get the half-top off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scram View Post
What is the start-finish cost....already have the LJ.
The top and lower bulkhead sell for around $1500 from there it is really up to you.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.